Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-03-2020, 09:51 AM
Master
Advaita Vedanta vs Kashmir Shaivism

Four key differences:

Vedanta: Karmayoga = action without expecting a reward

Shaivism: Yoga in action = action with unwavering awareness of God

Vedanta: Intellect (buddhi) reflects Universal being to manifest jiva (mind-body)

Shaivism: God by the power of His supreme will manifests the Universe and all beings in it

Vedanta: The Universe is unreal

Shaivism: The Universe, though a creation of a God, is real. Nothing unreal comes out of the eternal real.

Vedanta: Kundalini is a lower form of yoga

Shaivism: Kundalini is essentially consciousness and an important path of yoga

Credits: Swami Lakshmanjoo (as understood from his book ‘The secret supreme’)

Old 06-03-2020, 07:16 PM
Master

From Theos Bernard:

What is the nature of the ultimate reality?

The Samkhya system of Kapila postulates two independent realities, Purusha (Spirit) and Prakriti (Matter), and thus sets up a dualism.

The Vedanta system of Sankara postulates a single ultimate reality, Brahman and then introduces a principle called Maya, which is held to be not real, yet not unreal, which is counter to logic. Therefore, Vedanta is tainted with the suggestion of a dualism.

Kashmir Saivism meets the first problem by postulating a single ultimate reality with two aspects, one Transcendental and the other Immanent. The former is beyond all manifestations and the latter pervades the universe of manifest phenomena. Both are real for the effect cannot be different from the cause. In this way Saivism reconciles the dualism of the Samkhya with the monism of the Vedanta. However, logic can never construct an unassailable monism; final proof can be had only by the spiritual experience of Samadhi, attained through the practice of Yoga.

Peace
Old 07-03-2020, 03:17 AM
Master

Absolutely! There is no other way but to explore within. An overview reproduced from the poetry section may interest some:

Tantra: Kashmir Shaivism

Tantra trika
Para, para-para & apara
Like the Gunas three
The highest sets us free

Para absolute singularity
Para para interconnectivity
Apara duality

Four paths awaiting selection
As of our orientation

The first Pratyabhijna or recognition
Divine grace in prayerful meditation

The second Spanda or vibration
Resonation with the ॐ pulsation

The third Krama or kundalini ascension
Assimilation in step by step progression

The fourth Kula embracing life in elation
Each moment in the continuum celebration

These paths blend and often intersect
The truth being as we did always suspect
That divine love alone keeps us erect

Moment to moment to moment continuous
The dance of bliss within rapturous & beauteous

Old 07-03-2020, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Absolutely! There is no other way but to explore within. An overview reproduced from the poetry section may interest some:

Tantra: Kashmir Shaivism

Tantra trika
Para, para-para & apara
Like the Gunas three
The highest sets us free

Para absolute singularity
Para para interconnectivity
Apara duality

Four paths awaiting selection
As of our orientation

The first Pratyabhijna or recognition
Divine grace in prayerful meditation

The second Spanda or vibration
Resonation with the ॐ pulsation

The third Krama or kundalini ascension
Assimilation in step by step progression

The fourth Kula embracing life in elation
Each moment in the continuum celebration

These paths blend and often intersect
The truth being as we did always suspect
That divine love alone keeps us erect

Moment to moment to moment continuous
The dance of bliss within rapturous & beauteous

The best poem yet!

I fully agree with all of it.

The "external world" really has absolutely nothing to keep my attention focused there for even a second anymore. Shiva's Maya is becoming SO blatantly obvious, I can't even entertain any notion of it in my mind as being real on ANY level of inquiry.

From a "virus" which has the whole planet on extreme alert, even though nobody can agree upon the number infected, the mortality rate or how it is transmitted....depends on which "fake news" you read, I guess.

To a disgruntled neighbour, abusing and criticising me for breaking the law regarding water restrictions when they were over a week ago and she is living in denial of that just so she can abuse people..

To my family spreading rumours about me which are not true, or misquoting others just to have me do whatever they want, until I approach the quoted person to see if they actually said what I had heard...only to find out they said no such thing.

To my Tai Chi classes being cancelled indefinitely due to "reasons unknown and no justification given".

To my ability to still walk into a crowded room without anybody noticing I am even there, just to overhear conversations "so, how will you be spending your last few days before the world ends?"

Yes, Shiva...I GET IT...it is ALL unreal...an illusion, it is MAYA... Everything is...and those who say it isn't are all just illusory as well!

So now I need to die while I am still alive, to cut it all off like a rotting albatross around my neck because people all tell me to love..to surrender to love...but how can I feel something I just DON'T? How to surrender to something I can't even feel? All I know is that the more attention I give to the illusion, the harder it becomes TO feel love...to acknowledge it and MAYA just drags me in the opposite direction of love.

I remembered and figured out something a Shaman once said to me a long time ago... spiritually, I am totally "upside down" from other spiritual people! My energy flow is totally "breeched" and I came into Ascension "feet first".

While others seek connection with all people, with the universe and Source to be Enlightened.. it is that very thing which holds me back from attaining it, so I need to separate and disconnect from everything and everyone to be totally free....and then, there will be no conception of an "I" as it relates to anything else, other than itself.

This is the whole reason Shiva has been systematically removing my attachments one by one until the last one will be the very concept I have of Shiva Himself.

I have reached that place a few times, until Maya comes back with me trying to find the politest way of saying "get lost, you're not real" without offending anyone...which is difficult.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:10 PM
Master

Shivani, you are right on target in concluding that attachments are fetters, not only as related to people or material possessions but even to our ‘ownership of thought/thinking/reasoning’.

Then again, having already experienced non permanent Samādhi, you already know, having so become, in a singularity, one.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:37 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
The best poem yet!

Always nice to read you Shivani!