Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-03-2020, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
if I grab at it it flits away, and if I lie in wait it never passes by. And I am so tired of mixing chemicals trying to find the 'perfect' brew... I know where the most effective answer to this lies but in his infinite wisdom God walled that off too... all the 'successful' attempts at getting through that wall weren't as successful as their owners think. There is always something that gets you. At least with all my looking for fault I have a good sense of where others have failed when they stopped to claim success. Not that it will do me any good; I'm not interested in trying to get past it at this point. Rather just do my lessons at this point...
I think there's great wisdom in what you say here, FL. However, its not an either/or proposition, but rather a right-foot/left-foot 'balanced' movement-and-stability 'Zen' kind of thang, in my view.

Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's book 'Flow: the Psychology of Optimal Experience' (excerpts available at http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=134262 ) is the best conceptualization/articulation of the dynamics of this 'balancing act' that I have come across so far.
Old 24-03-2020, 05:57 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesmoon11
At the end of the day, I ask myself, "Is that all there is? And if so, is there something better out there, beyond this plane?" I'm not suicidal or depressed or anything (and believe me, I've had my moments). But I just feel...bored... with being human. Does anyone else feel this way? If so, please share your thoughts so that I feel less alone.
Many people try to find ways to challenge themselves physically or mentally. Sounds like you need an adventure.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:23 PM
Seeker

There's an infinity
Old 05-04-2020, 09:47 AM
Newbie ;)

There is definitely more. The challenge is that you need to find other people who think like you. You need to find your tribe. There is a shift happening and there are those whose consciousness is vibrating on a higher level and those that are operating on lower one. Many people are living the life that "society" deems acceptable and are afraid to be their authentic selves. They're miserable and our covering it up with all sorts of things (pills, alcohol, cigarettes, ect.) therefore, most of these people aren't in their right frame of mind. You would be shocked at the number of functional alcoholics there are. So, chances are you won't be able to form a deep connection with them because they're connected to their vices. They're emotionally unavailable.

Then sometimes you just aren't going to have shared interest with people and you're not meant to have a "deep connection" with everyone. Sometimes I wonder if some people are meant to be alone too. Someone told me once that the spiritual journey is a lonely one. I say, "you alone have to do the work but I still think you can friends or have a circle of like minds." Hell...right here there are people who aren't superficial.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:51 PM
Master
To me, there is definitely more especially when we enter a state of bliss; a state of nothingness. No pain, no problems, no worries, just peace and calm without any thoughts.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 05-04-2020, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
To me, there is definitely more especially when we enter a state of bliss; a state of nothingness. No pain, no problems, no worries, just peace and calm without any thoughts.
The Joker says riddle me this: What's 'wrong' with this 'picture':

"Bliss" = "nothingness," "no pain," no problems," "no worries," "just Peace and calm" (which implies inaction and nothing else."

Question: How long can you and do you want to stay there - i.e. nowhere,?

I personally wouldn't call this "more", BJ, albeit I theoretically at least understand that tastes vary, so some folks may have a 'taste' for eating/drinking/experiencing the same nothang day-and-night-after-day-and-night-after-day-and-night-after-day-and-night, as I said theoretically at least, forever - though I myself wouldn't call this 'living' 'the Life'.