Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Knower

Insects and animals

Do insects have souls? Does an ant or a tiny bug or a fly have souls an afterlife?
What about animals? Do they have souls and afterlife as well?
Old 03-03-2019, 10:02 PM
ant

Who rightly and exactly knows?

I'd like to think so though.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:34 PM
Lorelyen

Ants fascinate me. They initiate long-term projects, they work in concert and obviously have a communication system. They seem to have purpose in what they do, their projects. They work out ways to get things done.
I've watched them.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:21 AM
Master

There are essences of souls in everything; they evolve through the kingdoms, over eons.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:33 AM
Master

Some consider that the animal kingdom is composed of group souls - ie there is a group consciousness which may express itself through a herd of animals, a flock of birds, a shoal of fish, a colony of ants.

The group souls of the animal kingdom are replaced by individual souls in the human kingdom. Domesticated animals are in the process of becoming more individual through living in close proximity with humans, and in some ways they serve as the intermediaries between the human kingdom and the rest of the animal kingdom.

Regarding the afterlife, we are told that animals do have astral bodies as well as rudimentary mental bodies, the development of which depends on the species, and thus they do go to the appropriate astral realms after death. So maybe a dog can rise to a higher astral plane than a hedgehog.

Peace.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:37 AM
Master
''Group souls''...''individual soul''... ''having a soul''..... Why put such human constructs and limitations on 'soul'..? There's also no cause to believe some are ''animal'' for eternity, or ''human'', or anything else. There's only change, no constant I am this animal or have two eyes in an afterlife, eight legs, or anything else. There's no need for any of these limitations put on any ''soul''...

My take is that all life should necessarily be ensouled, they don't ''have'' ''a'' ''soul''.. they are, just like you and me. That includes the numerous bacteria in your body alone..
Old 05-03-2019, 08:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
''Group souls''...''individual soul''... ''having a soul''..... Why put such human constructs and limitations on 'soul'..? There's also no cause to believe some are ''animal'' for eternity, or ''human'', or anything else. There's only change, no constant I am this animal or have two eyes in an afterlife, eight legs, or anything else. There's no need for any of these limitations put on any ''soul''...

My take is that all life should necessarily be ensouled, they don't ''have'' ''a'' ''soul''.. they are, just like you and me. That includes the numerous bacteria in your body alone..

Soul is simply another term for Consciousness which expresses itself through form. These forms may be human, animal, vegetable or mineral.

We are not putting limitations on any Soul, but a human form allows for greater Soul expression than, for example, an animal form.

Peace.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Deactivated Account

I don't know, but either way all life is precious
Old 05-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Knower

If insects, animals and plants have souls, after they die, aren't they crowded there?? Billions of souls

Also, do bacteria and viruses have souls as well?
Old 05-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
If insects, animals and plants have souls, after they die, aren't they crowded there?? Billions of souls

First you limit 'soul' to specific living beings, now you imagine an ''afterlife'' has borders and would get too crowded. These assumptions are based on putting limitations upon 'soul'. It doesn't matter. There are countless living beings, it is folly. There is no place to be crowded because existence is very likely to be limitless and endless. Forget about your mind trying to create different type of souls, or afterlife borders, structure, etc.