Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Newbie ;)

I think kinda what you look like now.
Old 22-01-2017, 10:41 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I have been wondering this as well. But let's just say if I'd die right now, do I still have the young and youthful look I have now or does my spirit continue to age until I look like an old man? Or if I die as an old man can I take the appearance of my younger self? Are we bound to forever remain stuck in the form we had before we died? Sorry if this question sounds silly, but just the concept of ''eternal youth'' rather fascinates me.

When we first "die" we retain the ethereal body which will look like the body just passed. Later, about three Earth days later, we shed this and assume our native, soul, appearance which would look to us here on Earth as a globe of light perhaps with pastel highlights. This is the way we look unless we willfully change it. On our soul plane home we have the ability to appear in the form from any of our lifetimes and at any age associated with them.

The above means that if we want to visit the soul of a dear friend or former spouse who is now in spirit we can easily appear to each other in the past familiar form. It is all very elegant. If we want to appear to a dear one who is still incarnate we may do so using the form which that person will recognize.

Do not make the mistake of presuming that your present appearance will define you for all time and beyond. Any lifetime on a planet is temporary, discarded when it's usefulness is past. The way you and I look now is not our true appearance. No. The beginner in spiritualism tends to identify with the "me" that he/she sees looking back from a mirror. Do not believe this. It is a false doctrine. Rise above these ideas. The body that you see in a mirror is only a suit of clothes that you are presently using. You have had hundreds of others, male and female.

Note: Ghosts which are left behind and sometimes seen by the living are copies of the ethereal forms of others who have died. Many times there is no intelligence in these. They simply move about following practiced habit. Other times there is. When a person dies in conditions of emotional stress they may fight to remain in familiar surroundings. These ignore the voices of their guides who come to collect them. Remembering that time on the ethereal plane is slower than time on the physical plane we may easily see ghosts of those who died even one hundred years ago. There are many variables here but eventually all these dissipate and leave. It is just the way it is. The Earth exerts a strong hold on us.

You see? We have great freedom and use it to advantage.