Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 12-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Master
Song that keeps coming on radio & feathers

I feel kind of foolish, because I never know what to think about 'signs'... say if you find feathers, does it really mean anything or is it just you came across a feather... same with an old song, is it just an old song that you coincidentally keep hearing on different stations ...and means nothing?

Anyway, I go running at least 4 times a week, and lately, I have been coming across feathers. A lot of feathers... first black ones, then black and white ones and then white ones. I'm not talking about just one when I got out, but throughout my run on various trails I go onto and I'll find them all along the trail. I thought it odd since I never noticed them before or paid any attention, but for the past 2 weeks, that's all I find are feathers. I took a walk around my yard and again, feathers.

Also in the last two I keep hearing this same song, it's an old song, I think from the 80s, but I'm not sure. I never really liked the song, so when it came on, I would turn it, but then I'd hear it again later when I got in my car to go home. I'd turn the channel and the song is on yet another station. I'm not kidding or exaggerating when I say that I have heard the song on the radio daily for the last 2 weeks. I found myself thinking why on earth does this song keep coming on and so I thought maybe I should listen to the lyrics, so i did...it's interesting, but I don't know really what, if anything, I should take from it. Thoughts?

It's called Broken Wings by Mister, Mister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-hIZ9IuxLA

I had this happen in the past with songs, and I realized one I should take to heart or I could ruin a relationship..and to this day any time I start getting or feeling 'clingy' that song will come on lol.
Old 13-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Experiencer

I think you are trying to look to deep, I know the song you are on about ...

Maybe that song has a connection with someone that has passed ? and its their way of contacting you ?

There's a few songs that I hear from time to time that makes me think a certain dear departed person is showing me that they are about . . . You're so vain by Carly Simon is one of them and can guarantee that
that song turns up at quite appropriate moments lol
Old 14-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Master
Yes, I've never been one for 'signs', so I think I let myself go off into lalaland for a bit. It's most likely molting time for birds and the song ...well, I can take some bits from it, freeing myself and so forth. I know I wrestle with that from time to time...but I realize that I just got stupid for a moment. hahaha
Old 14-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Master
Fish

Interesting. Two days ago, I was walking into a store alongside the building to take advantage of the shade and in my path was a 15-inch long light golden brown feather, the feather part was pristine, and it looked like a vehicle had run over the quill (tip) part, but it was beautiful, so I picked it up and put it carefully in my purse. It's not all that often that I run across a feather, but I do have a crow's feather that was in my path at a park one day that I kept.

Some people have a habit of picking up pennies or buttons, or whatever. It's just something that can be used to meditate on, or ponder, so I think it's a good thing.

I'm going to check out that song and the lyrics. I don't remember that one. Happy running, Sarian.

Edit: I checked out the song and of course, I've heard it......I consider my finding of the feather and that song a distinct message for ME! from my Sean - just as Soul Searching's golden moth a year or so ago was a sign even he recognized it was for me.

Life is so full of symbolism for us humans - the symbols are like life - it's what we make of it/them.

Old 15-09-2013, 11:01 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Yes, I've never been one for 'signs', so I think I let myself go off into lalaland for a bit. It's most likely molting time for birds and the song ...well, I can take some bits from it, freeing myself and so forth. I know I wrestle with that from time to time...but I realize that I just got stupid for a moment. hahaha

I disagree--I think you are being sent a significant sign.

Feathers are objects belonging to Elemental Air--the Element of Mental Change.

The Colors--Black to Black and White to White...indicate to me that you need to strike a balance between the Shadow and the Light and always keep in mind that we all have a bit of both within.

Now--top all of this off with the song;

"Take these broken wings and learn to fly (again) learn to live so free--
And when we hear the voices sing--
The book of love will open up and let us in."

I'm going to go out on a limb--Sarian--and venture a guess that someone hurt you (probably hurt you badly)--which has caused you to build a wall of protection around yourself.

Unfortunately--walls keep everything and everyone out (while keeping us safe).

Perhaps--the signs are saying that it is time to emerge from your protective shell and take a chance (again)--a leap of faith--embrace an opportunity to love.

I (also) believe that you can hear and feel the Others and this makes you uncomfortable. You are not alone. There are others who share these Gifts--they just don't talk about it.

Last edited by LadyTerra : 15-09-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 15-09-2013, 11:58 AM
livingkarma

Following the death of my husband I had many experiences including the same two you've posted ...
My kids & I found our covered front doorstep covered w/feathers ...
We also found single feathers outside the doors of the truck or inside even when the windows were closed - these we understood as "be safe" - my husband died in a car collision & was aware of the difficulties I had w/driving as well as the kids driving through the crash site ...
As for songs on the radio, "our" songs would be on 2 or 3 radio stations simulataneously ...
I always checked other radio stations to make sure it was an acutal sign ...
My interpretations of these signs are "I am always loved" or "I am with you" ...
Signs come from loved ones ...
Hope this helps ...
Old 17-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Interesting. Two days ago, I was walking into a store alongside the building to take advantage of the shade and in my path was a 15-inch long light golden brown feather, the feather part was pristine, and it looked like a vehicle had run over the quill (tip) part, but it was beautiful, so I picked it up and put it carefully in my purse. It's not all that often that I run across a feather, but I do have a crow's feather that was in my path at a park one day that I kept.

Some people have a habit of picking up pennies or buttons, or whatever. It's just something that can be used to meditate on, or ponder, so I think it's a good thing.

I'm going to check out that song and the lyrics. I don't remember that one. Happy running, Sarian.

Edit: I checked out the song and of course, I've heard it......I consider my finding of the feather and that song a distinct message for ME! from my Sean - just as Soul Searching's golden moth a year or so ago was a sign even he recognized it was for me.

Life is so full of symbolism for us humans - the symbols are like life - it's what we make of it/them.

Hi silvergirl. I had my 'duh' moment when I was typing the initial post that finding feathers and the title of the song "broken wings" feathers/wing and never even registered lol! Then after hearing the song so many times, I watched the vid on youtube and saw the bird flying. :-)

I'm so happy you found it as a message for you from sean! :-)
Old 17-09-2013, 01:48 PM
lily of the valley

I find feathers in my path everyday.....on my balcony, on my lawn, even at the beach while swimming...I take it as a sign of an angel watching over me.
Old 17-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
I disagree--I think you are being sent a significant sign.

Feathers are objects belonging to Elemental Air--the Element of Mental Change.

The Colors--Black to Black and White to White...indicate to me that you need to strike a balance between the Shadow and the Light and always keep in mind that we all have a bit of both within.

Now--top all of this off with the song;

"Take these broken wings and learn to fly (again) learn to live so free--
And when we hear the voices sing--
The book of love will open up and let us in."

I'm going to go out on a limb--Sarian--and venture a guess that someone hurt you (probably hurt you badly)--which has caused you to build a wall of protection around yourself.

Unfortunately--walls keep everything and everyone out (while keeping us safe).

Perhaps--the signs are saying that it is time to emerge from your protective shell and take a chance (again)--a leap of faith--embrace an opportunity to love.

I (also) believe that you can hear and feel the Others and this makes you uncomfortable. You are not alone. There are others who share these Gifts--they just don't talk about it.
Thank you! that's so good to hear. It's funny because after I stopped and thought about it and took great notice in the feathers and the song...then they stopped! So yesterday as I had dismissed it all and put it out of my mind, I'm at one of my 2 jobs (my favorite one) and I came into the winery and "Broken Wing" is playing. I smiled. Then I went for a run later and there was a whole wing (just one)...I felt sad for the bird but thought what? Does that mean anything lol. Or a kick not to dismiss it all. Today I went for a great run at dawn at another trail I love with many ponds and the mist was hovering over them, it was so lovely...and there were feathers here and there again.

Not sure what you mean by "the Others: but if you mean spirits or angels or something, I've had experiences for as long as I can remember from small child to present. No, I'm not bothered or upset by them, in fact, they are amazing and comforting, but bothers me is that I can't share them with the man in my life. (without ridicule)

The chorus of that song can hold great meaning for me. Yes, I've been hurt (but haven't we all), but I held firm to a belief when this man in my life threw me away so to speak, but I couldn't...and something bigger than me seemed to be guiding and telling me not to let go and I didn't. Many, many tears and a lot of pain...and it all worked out, but that's not to say the relationship was still without pain as I have to deal with his issues and the pain due to those...so I'm a bit battle fatigued, but it's all coming to be and I'm amazed. Not sure the reason for it all, but I can say at the same time, I've never been so blessed either. But yeah, my guard and my walls are still there, but when I let them down even for a brief moment, I soar high and I'm filled with a love that's so incredible and I feel free, so yeah those lyrics are pretty amazing in that respect. I've tasted it. The lyric about voices, reminds me of that inner voice or that voice that speaks in the waking hours when you are half awake, but yet still asleep...i've had countless times I think why can't I wake up and I hear my thoughts giving me answers to questions, guiding me to what needs to be done or anything I've wondered really.

I could get on a roll here yakking, but I need to get busy with the day. :-) Thanks for sharing!
Old 17-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
Following the death of my husband I had many experiences including the same two you've posted ...
My kids & I found our covered front doorstep covered w/feathers ...
We also found single feathers outside the doors of the truck or inside even when the windows were closed - these we understood as "be safe" - my husband died in a car collision & was aware of the difficulties I had w/driving as well as the kids driving through the crash site ...
As for songs on the radio, "our" songs would be on 2 or 3 radio stations simulataneously ...
I always checked other radio stations to make sure it was an acutal sign ...
My interpretations of these signs are "I am always loved" or "I am with you" ...
Signs come from loved ones ...
Hope this helps ...
oh, that's so sad and my condolences to you and your children. My daughter's first love was killed in a car wreck. I remember her pain as though it was yesterday. She gets signs with butterflies. She has a new boyfriend now, he seems genuinely interested in her, and then various songs that reminded her of her deceased friend and the butterflies recently started up again. It's odd, but it seems like he's saying it's okay. I hope that's the case. When he passed, she got lots of signs, like a youtube video with an 80s song she never even heard before that just came on and played, her room got very cool and the day was in the high 90s...(and we don't have AC)...the room smelled of rain and when we walked around the pond, the fish started jumping (they loved to go fishing)