Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 28-02-2012, 01:25 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveincarnate
I would call that "Psychology" which I do study.
I see it as the "study of the soul" (Greek "psyche" = "soul")
Understanding one´s self
comes through knowing the templates of human consciousness ... which is taught in Psychology.

But. then, you're describing something that doesn't fit into the forum description of 'Religion & Faiths > Spiritualism' category....You'd be describing something that isn't 'Spiritualism' at all.

The correct description is kinda like the one I've given below. You need to know about Spiritualism to be able to describe it.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:30 AM
mac

Quote:
Understanding one´s self
comes through knowing the templates of human consciousness ... which is taught in Psychology.

I hade thought that "spiritualism" was the study of "spiritualist" aspects, I had no idea it is centred on communicating with the dead.
That reply surprised me.

You're not the first.

Many come to this forum without looking at the forum title and the sub-section. The 'spiritualism' you'll perhaps know (or 'spirituality') is about being to do with the spiritual, being spiritual etc.

The religion and philosophy of (Modern) Spiritualism isn't.
Old 28-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forests
Hi Loveincarnate sadly it is a belief system invented on fraud. Mediums have used 1000s of tricks into fooling people spirits are real, it is all very dishonest. All religion is man made and unreal. However if you want a "religion" that has a basis in reality then just worship nature

Before I'd do that, Forests, I'd have to first become convinced that nature created itself, and me.

Jim
Old 28-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Experiencer

Spiritualism is a religion and a science. For some people who believe in it, it is their religion. For others, it is a practice or belief that enhances their religious faith: be that faith Christianity, or whatever.

Spiritualism refers to the belief that incarnate human beings have/are spirits/souls that survive our bodily death: and that those discarnate souls have the ability and the desire, under some circumstances, to establish contact with us.

Also, the related practice on our parts, of trying to engage in such contact.

Spiritualism is NOT a synonym for spirituality. One can be highly spiritual and have no interest or belief in spiritualism.

Jim
Old 28-02-2012, 04:38 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
This posting is as pointless as forests' others. I won't waste any time on it....

Reminds me of Jon Donnis...

Excuse me while I have a chuckle,Mac...
Old 28-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Understanding one´s self

I hade thought that "spiritualism" was the study of "spiritualist" aspects, I had no idea it is centred on communicating with the dead.
That reply surprised me.

Thanks for your information , this is new word to me .
CSEe,
Old 28-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Reminds me of Jon Donnis...
Ah yes, I remember him well...
Old 31-03-2012, 09:40 PM
my_road

hi i heard this spiritualist path came alive late 1800s by those sisters who worked with spirit to try to prove it by gaining knocks/tap sounds, but i bet this practice been around since the beginning i feel but it took the people time to acept it. mediumship and psychism been around for ages.
Old 31-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_road
hi i heard this spiritualist path came alive late 1800s by those sisters who worked with spirit to try to prove it by gaining knocks/tap sounds, but i bet this practice been around since the beginning i feel but it took the people time to acept it. mediumship and psychism been around for ages.

They were the Fox sisters, and it was on March 31, 1848 - 164 years this very day - that they established the first known conversation with spirit in modern times.

But yes, as you say, mediumship is an ancient practice. It, sadly, fell by the wayside as time went by, until its resurgence in the mid 19th century.

Jim
Old 31-03-2012, 11:25 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
They were the Fox sisters, and it was on March 31, 1848 - 164 years this very day - that they established the first known conversation with spirit in modern times.

But yes, as you say, mediumship is an ancient practice. It, sadly, fell by the wayside as time went by, until its resurgence in the mid 19th century.

Jim

huh!

Do you know, Jim, I hadn't thought of that but I should have done because it's the birthday of our son and also the day of his death.