Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 01-02-2012, 09:26 PM
deepsea

We never learn,do we? Look at the wars that was fought in the name of religion?
Says it all!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
...I'm coming more to a view that even truth can be relative. It may be that, say, if you believe in reincarnation, and I don't, that is God or Spirit telling you that it will happen for you, and it won't for me...

What you stated above is kind of where my path is leading me. And it might be as simple as we are all just different parts of the same energy/the God being. So if we are all different parts, there is no reason for us to all be the same. imo, it is our character that is programmed into our brains over our lifes. When the body/brain ceases, the energy in our brain that holds our character, moves into a higher dimension.

mj
Old 02-02-2012, 04:27 PM
deepsea

And will we learn the truth in that higher dimension?
Old 02-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
We never learn,do we? Look at the wars that was fought in the name of religion?
Says it all!

I suspect, Deepsea, that if it wasn't religion it would be something else: nationality, race, geography, economic status, etc.

I also wonder how much fighting in the name of religion is really about religion. Many Crusaders went to the Holy Land to pillage. The Protestant-Catholic conflict in Ireland was about more things than denominational Christianity.

If you can ever get hold of a book called African Genesis, by Robert Ardrey, it's well worth reading.

Ardrey concludes that humanity has an "amity-enmity complex": "I" must be extended to "us", and since there's an "us", there must be a "them". People are always going to have, or will create, an enemy.

You see this everywhere, from nations to sports fans to street gangs.

Jim
Old 02-02-2012, 04:48 PM
deepsea

Superiority?
In other words 'I'm better than you'.
Would that make sense?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Ascender
Wars/fighting are never about religion. There is nothing to win in a battle over religion. What is there to gain if a person kills or hurts someone if all they want to do is convert them. There is nothing that makes sense about a war over religion. Wars are fought to gain an enemy's possessions, what ever that may be, but it is not for thier religion.

mj
Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Superiority?
In other words 'I'm better than you'.
Would that make sense?

It makes sense.

I just like the Ardrey book, and like to plug it whenever I can!

Jim