Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 09-12-2017, 02:35 AM
traceyacey12

How do you reconcile science and spirituality

To restate the question: how do you reconcile science and spirituality? How do you make sense of the fact that both can exist, if they do for you?

Interested in reading your viewpoints :)
Old 09-12-2017, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
To restate the question: how do you reconcile science and spirituality? How do you make sense of the fact that both can exist, if they do for you?

I reconcile science and spirituality through sacred geometry.

For example, did you know that the ratio of the Great Pyramid of Giza's base to height, is also the length of the King's Chamber in feet? The time it takes in years for one great Precession of the Equinox to occur? the distance in kilometers from the earth to the sun? the distance in light years from the earth to galactic central point? ten times the solar year of Saturn?

The Golden Ratio (phi) is awesome! The Fibonacci sequence is amazing...governing all matter from nautilus shells to insect wings, to the arrangement of cells in a bee-hive and the seeds in the head of a sunflower etc.

Some cosmic intelligence must be at work to do all that...it isn't just random.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VrcO6JaMrM

Also quantum physics comes really close to spirituality for me. Science is just finding out what was known 5,000 years ago in sacred scriptures like the Vedas:

Quantum Mechanics and Consciousness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9KnrVlpqoM

To watch sub-atomic particles play around through the dimensions....to see a Mandelbrot Set get zoomed in until the very essence of it is the Mandelbrot Set itself...warms my spiritual heart, it does.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:01 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I reconcile science and spirituality through sacred geometry.

For example, did you know that the ratio of the Great Pyramid of Giza's base to height, is also the length of the King's Chamber in feet? The time it takes in years for one great Precession of the Equinox to occur? the distance in kilometers from the earth to the sun? the distance in light years from the earth to galactic central point? ten times the solar year of Saturn?

The Golden Ratio (phi) is awesome! The Fibonacci sequence is amazing...governing all matter from nautilus shells to insect wings, to the arrangement of cells in a bee-hive and the seeds in the head of a sunflower etc.

Some cosmic intelligence must be at work to do all that...it isn't just random.

Also quantum physics comes really close to spirituality for me. Science is just finding out what was known 5,000 years ago in sacred scriptures like the Vedas:

Quantum Mechanics and Consciousness:

To watch sub-atomic particles play around through the dimensions....to see a Mandelbrot Set get zoomed in until the very essence of it is the Mandelbrot Set itself...warms my spiritual heart, it does.

Awesome! Thanks for the links. I will have to get in the right state of mind to watch these I'm sure. I'll get back to you when I get through the vids.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:46 AM
Master
No problem...take your time and I'm happy to share.

I seem to go through monthly phases of this. I just watched a documentary on Nikola Tesla and the significance of the numbers 3,6 and 9 with regards to sound vibrations...then I did a meditation on the Shri Yantra...and now, I'm watching a film about quantum communication. It will all stop when I think I've worked out the secret to harnessing Zero Point Energy again and then I can go back to meditating. lol
Old 09-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Master
u got me thngs u hav ill hav ht thng thngs i will now

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 09-12-2017, 05:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
u got me thngs u hav ill hav ht thng thngs i will now
That's cool, dream jo.

Just look for the patterns in nature and you'll see that different things have the same patterns.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:39 AM
Master
There is no need to reconcile the two!

Science deals with the natural world......... spirituality deals with things that are unexplainable by science.....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 10-12-2017, 01:22 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
There is no need to reconcile the two!

Science deals with the natural world......... spirituality deals with things that are unexplainable by science.....

hm, good way of seeing it... lets see if I can make sense of it
Old 10-12-2017, 10:57 PM
Ascender

A suggested progression.
Before scientific understanding had reached the level it now begins to reach, enlightened persons realised the oneness of all by means of thought, empathy and vision.

Sometimes they chose to pass on this realisation to others of their time and culture in terms which would be familiar to those around them. A difficult undertaking I think. Sometimes this took the form of establishing a system of practice and belief. Sometimes this practice was procedural, practical step by step self realisation. Sometimes this practice was guided by belief based instruction regarding the behaviour necessary to realise the oneness of all. Sometimes this practice encouraged empathy, an understanding of being the other, of feeling with the other, connected with the other. Oftentimes this practice combined many and more such elements.

As scientific understanding "increased", science itself has now reached a similar level of realisation regarding the oneness of all--though by a differing path. Now, today, just as enlightened persons in the past sought to share the reality of the oneness of all as a reality, so also are we faced with the undertaking of turning this scientific understanding of the oneness of all into a behavioural reality. We can do so by each of us turning that objective understanding into shared yet personal reality by means of our choices, our behaviour, our ambitions, hopes and dreams. Our empathy with all which is and of which we are is our way forward and our way to further understanding.

petex
Old 11-12-2017, 01:10 AM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12

Can you please telle me what you mean by reconcile?