Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-02-2015, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
It's interesting however that the example you cite as a belief is one that both mystics and spiritual leaders, world lay and government leaders, and many scientists, from social scientists to environmental scientists to physicists, increasingly recognise as a truth on many levels.

That being that everyone and everything is interconnected.

Peace & blessings,
7L

In this example I gave about interconnectedness, the belief itself is not the issue, but rather the reason for the belief is what should be looked at. My example was that this belief was born from a purely subjective feeling with no kind of actual proof. It's no different from saying "my truth is that when I meditate I turn into a ballon" simply because the subjective feeling I get when I meditate is what I imagine it would be like to be a balloon.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskay
I constantly hear people say all the time "your" truth or "my" God.
I never understood that way of thinking.
That is like my blood brother calling our mother, just "his" mom
when we are conversing. It's both of our moms.
I agree.

I flow with it, tho...not worth the bother...it's not so much
that I don't understand it as I get this urge to grab their ...well...let's
just say it rubs me wrong.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-02-2015, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskay
I constantly hear people say all the time "your" truth or "my" God.
I never understood that way of thinking.
That is like my blood brother calling our mother, just "his" mom
when we are conversing. It's both of our moms.
I agree.
I flow with it, tho...not worth the bother...it's not so much
that I don't understand it as I get this urge to grab their ...well...let's
just say it rubs me wrong.

I think saying "my God" or 'my truth" is more honest than speaking of one's idea of god or one's beliefs as if they are true for everyone, or true in an absolute or ultimate sense. It acknowledges that one's own conceptions are not infallible and recognizes that others may have different beliefs that are not necessarily wrong. Saying "God is this" is essentially claiming to know the true and absolute nature of God, whereas saying "my God is this" is basically shorthand for saying "the God that I believe in is this."
Old 05-02-2015, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
"the God that I believe in is this."
That has a nice ring to it.
What do you think, Eskay?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-02-2015, 03:35 AM
Master
Rigpa is Rigpa.

Primordial emptiness is primordial emptiness.

Emptiness is emptiness.

There is no my view is different from your view. If it is you need to keep looking.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:48 AM
Pathfinder
There is an objective truth; a truth outside ourselves, which we individually may perceive differently, but whose existence is still independent of us.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:49 AM
Pathfinder

The "God" I believe in is the creator! I am comfortable with not ever knowing the absolute nature of "God". I can understand as much as I can of the known truth of this lifetime though.

I do not let it bother me when people say their perceptions because everyone has one. It bothers me when I don't try to enlighten people on a higher level of thinking. We are all the same specie, that is why I believe its our "God"!
Old 05-02-2015, 03:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Rigpa is Rigpa.

Primordial emptiness is primordial emptiness.

Emptiness is emptiness.

There is no my view is different from your view. If it is you need to keep looking.

Can you explain this post?

What is the purpose of the first three phrases?

In the fourth sentence, are you saying that there are no differing views? Since you brought up some Buddhist concepts, perhaps you know of the Buddhist teaching of Right view and Wrong view. There are certainly different views, and in fact, no two views are the same.

What do we need to keep looking for? Are you suggesting that if your view is different from others, there is something you need to look for?
Old 05-02-2015, 04:31 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr1stian
There is an objective truth; a truth outside ourselves, which we individually may perceive differently, but whose existence is still independent of us.
And then there is Truth, where we are all one.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
The understanding in question is that "all perceptions are truth." So, if I was being kind to you, but perhaps you held some preconceived beliefs that clouded your judgement and you erroneously perceived me as being condescending, sarcastic, or rude when this was absolutely not the case, was your perception truth? Or was the truth that I was being nice and you misinterpreted my words?

Both are true. From your perspective you were being kind, from her pespective you were being rude and sarcastic.

We are creative beings. Our thoughts shape the very fabric of this universe, what we perceive to be true becomes true because we perceive it that way. Perception is everything. Its Einstein....everything is relative....everything.

Your perception is that reality is the cause and perception is the effect when in fact it is the opposite. Perception is the cause. Even science has finally figured this out. Physics tells us that the object being observed is affected by the observer. Now quantum physics is suggesting that an object doesn't exist until it is observed.

We are dealing with different kinds of truth here, but one obviously trumps the other.

Which truth trumps what? What are these different definitions? It is all the same truth: the sum total of all awareness. There are those things on which we all generally agree, such as gravity, the speed of light, the laws of physics etc. This would be the concept of objective truth. Then you have the things that we don't agree on, our subjective truths. They shape our experience as surely as any objective truth possibly could. They are absolutely real and true from our own perspective. This is why I say what is true is what is true for you.

Sure, it is true that you had a distorted perception, but that does not make that distorted perception truth. It's like saying that it's true that Obama is a reptilian because you had a momentary hallucination in which he shapeshifted. Sure, it is true that you perceived him as an alien, but that doesn't make it true that he is an alien.

The idea that you raised that truth is "whatever works for the person" is a bit different from the idea that "all perception is truth," so let's look at your statement. For some people, it suits their needs to steal, cheat, murder, etc. This harmful activity "works" for them, but is this "truth?"

The fact of harmful activity 'working' for an individual is not the issue that needs to be examined. Their antisocial behavior will likely be based on a belief that this is the only way they can get ahead, they don't have opportunities like other people. The sum total of their life experience has led them to this truth. The action is a symptom. Again you transpose cause and effect.

Or is it simply the outplaying of unskillful habitual tendencies of a defiled mind? Perhaps I choose to believe that I am a reincarnation of Stalin because it makes me feel strong and powerful. It is not not truth that I was Stalin in another life. It is simply a belief that I choose to use because it suited me.

And yet the sense of strength and power that it gives you is very real. How is it not true? Your belief makes it true for you. Other people may not believe that you were Stalin and that can be true for them. Failure to understand multiple dimensions of spiritual existence results in the idea that we all share the same reality. My truth in no way precludes your truth, even if they are completely opposite each other. To the extent that they disagree our existences simply don't overlap. There are undoubtedly beings whose truths would be so foreign to us, their realities are of necessity so far removed from our own, that we cannot even become aware of them in a three dimensional sense.