Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 11-12-2011, 12:12 PM
mac

"There are more arguments over Spiritualism than who gets to make the morning coffee!
I tend to keep out of any arguments,will walk away.
As was said,too many wars over religion....."

Over Spiritualism itself there are few arguments.

Arguments are mostly over people's personal views/opinions and often come from misunderstandings about Spiritualism (vs spirituality for example)

There has yet to be a war about the religion of Spiritualism - I'd hazard a guess by saying there won't ever be one.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:10 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
There has yet to be a war about the religion of Spiritualism - I'd hazard a guess by saying there won't ever be one.
I assume you would get sufficient advance warning from the 'other' side to be able run away.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:50 PM
glenos

Dawn. In post 21 you said that you were "seriously ignorant". You haven't said anything to change my view of that.

G
Old 11-12-2011, 02:23 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
I assume you would get sufficient advance warning from the 'other' side to be able run away.

Best not to make assumptions, I find.... Easier to ask about what you don't understand.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:37 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"There are more arguments over Spiritualism than who gets to make the morning coffee!
I tend to keep out of any arguments,will walk away.
As was said,too many wars over religion....."

Over Spiritualism itself there are few arguments.

Arguments are mostly over people's personal views/opinions and often come from misunderstandings about Spiritualism (vs spirituality for example)

I hope you're right,Mac.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:11 PM
mattie

Spiritualism As A Religion

3,940,000 results for ‘spiritualism religion.’

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Old 11-12-2011, 06:12 PM
deepsea

Thanks Mattie.
Found some interesting information in there.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I don't watch that kind of TV but my guess is that they're called 'spiritual mediums' rather than Spiritualist mediums....

In passing may I point out that 'Christian Spiritualism' is a contradiction as Christianity has certain beliefs directly opposite to the teachings found in (Modern) Spiritualism.

Doesnt stop the Christain Pagans now does it :)
Old 11-12-2011, 09:53 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
Doesnt stop the Christain Pagans now does it :)

Why would we want to......?

They have free choice as do we.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Experiencer

[quote=mac]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn

Spiritualism seems to consist mainly of talking to dead people one knew when they were alive with little else behind or beyond it. I can see that - from the perspective of someone who knows little about Spiritualism....
How could one make a religion out of this? As opposed to what other religions are made out of you mean - stories, make-believe and unsupported beliefs in many cases....

Spiritualism is an extremely limited aspect of our existence, not sufficient to guide us. That's right when you have no knowledge of what is taught, what evidence is available...One would be a fool to accept guidance under such circumstances. Never get that in mainstream religion...

When these dead people were alive we probably did our utmost not to take their advice or listen to them, 'I am me!', and now that they are dead one wants to do what we avoided all along? laugh out loud at what you don't have a clue about. You gave me a good chuckle alright!

Now, Mac. . .

Yes, that last one's a great point! Didn't even Jesus say, "if they didn't listen to the prophets, why would they listen to one who rose from the dead"? If we ignored Mom for 78 years while she was incarnate, why will we pay attention to her if she speaks from the grave?

I say that Spiritualism is (or could be or should be) a religion.

Then again I say that Spiritualism could (or should) enhance your beliefs in another religion: or might cause you to rethink them.

I'm new to Spiritualism and have MUCH, MUCH to learn about it: but so far, it's been my impression that all Spiritualist revelations are NOT saying that the next world is identical: any more than Near Death Experiencers, or conventional religious teachers (whether Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, or whatever: whether across religions, or within the same religion) are all teaching the same things about the next world.

Jim