Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Pinkroses

I love this!

I'm reading a new book and I came across something the authors said about life after death that really stood out in my mind. I thought I'd share it here.

"Scientifically speaking, there is no proof of life after death. However, scientifically speaking again, there is not a shred of evidence that it does not or cannot exist."

So whenever anyone tells me there isn't any "scientific" proof for the afterlife, I will remind them that there isn't any proof that it doesn't exist either.

-Dee
Old 12-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeinMich
"Scientifically speaking, there is no proof of life after death. However, scientifically speaking again, there is not a shred of evidence that it does not or cannot exist."

Great quote, thanks for sharing !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 PM
coolchic101

I would like to add my own quotes here:

"People who are open minded are more open to possibilities and that anything is possible."

"Just because I can not see what others are seeing, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We just don't have the same eyes."
Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Pinkroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101
I would like to add my own quotes here:

"People who are open minded are more open to possibilities and that anything is possible."

"Just because I can not see what others are seeing, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We just don't have the same eyes."

Those are great ones too!
Old 13-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeinMich

-Dee

Well this might just as easily apply to the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, and teleportation as well.
So I fear a statement like this doesn't carry all that much weight. IMO

Science once stated that space travel was impossible, that germs didn't exist, and and that bleeding a patient cured insanity, fractures and other ailments.
I just discovered George Washington died after being copiously bled to cure an inflammation. Science considered this appropriate treatment for 1800 years. When Pasteur proved microorganisms were cause for many diseases it was finally abandoned.

Anyway. Why people look to science for answers to metaphysical or consciousness questions mystifies me.

It's like asking ones dentist about your car transmission.

thanx for sharing this regardless .... but I feel it carries no significant meaning that I perceive, even though it sounds nice.

Old 13-10-2012, 04:46 AM
Master
Science cannot prove that there are unicorns, but that doesn't mean there are.
Old 13-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Well this might just as easily apply to the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, and teleportation as well.

Release your fears

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 13-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Zen Knightly

Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Xgnb-JI9glM
Old 14-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Pinkroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77

LOL. You mean you've never seen Nessy? :)

While you can apply this logic to anything, it's important to keep the whole picture in mind. How many people have experiences that suggest these exist versus the number of people that have NDEs and after-death communications. Even doctors and scientists don't have an explanation for these phenomenon. And there are countless stories of "scientific" individuals who didn't believe in the afterlife and then had an experience or witnessed something that totally changed their minds. Most people can't say that about Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster.
Old 17-10-2012, 04:55 AM
Henri77

Just watched this wonderful documentary,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSEi_sfaSU

This is an interesting film about survival, a 5 yr series of experiments on afterlife communication. Just watched it now...

Rupert Sheldrake also was an investigator taking part. as did a team of varied scientists.
Worth a look, even for skeptics.

It has a lot on physical mediumship, physical phenomena ...that is rarely discussed in similar docs I've seen.