Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Michael B.

Just remember to account for the Aetts, the Aett the Rune is in accounts for part of the meaning. Fehu verses Othila for example, Fehu is wealth in things earned and regarding happiness; Othila is possessions, regarding things that are justly ours.
Old 16-11-2011, 01:14 PM
JimmyTheTulip

I have recently been doing some research on Runes due to the fact that I believe that I have been seeing them during my last couple sessions of meditation. When I saw them originally, I did an internet search to try and find out what these symbols and texts were that I was seeing and the only thing that I could really connect those symbols to, were Runes. Since finding that out, and before I did any kind of research into the meaning of Runes, I had a strong connection to Fehu, Raidho, Wunjo, and Mannaz.

I have a pretty good understanding of their meanings now but could anyone give me any insight as to why I would have such a strong connection to them without even knowing what they meant?
Old 17-11-2011, 02:04 AM
Michael B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheTulip
I have recently been doing some research on Runes due to the fact that I believe that I have been seeing them during my last couple sessions of meditation. When I saw them originally, I did an internet search to try and find out what these symbols and texts were that I was seeing and the only thing that I could really connect those symbols to, were Runes. Since finding that out, and before I did any kind of research into the meaning of Runes, I had a strong connection to Fehu, Raidho, Wunjo, and Mannaz.

I have a pretty good understanding of their meanings now but could anyone give me any insight as to why I would have such a strong connection to them without even knowing what they meant?
Looking at them, three of four are in the First Aett, which suggests a strong veering toward happiness as fundamental. In that specific order, Fehu and Raidho make wealth in the journey, but I'm sure it goes deeper than that. Or even a Journey based on Hard Work. Pairing the next two, it sounds like we have isolation from people. I'm a better reader if I can do it one on one, but you'd have to get a hold of me sometime for that.
Old 17-11-2011, 02:11 AM
JimmyTheTulip

Thanks Michael! I notice you're in Ohio...what part? I'm in the Columbus area...
Old 17-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Michael B.

It's no trouble, but I just meant that the forums are terrible for doing readings in my opinion. I work a lot better when there isn't so much delay in everything, but that might just be me. A lot more can be said, so a lot more can be done when it's done over messenger or whatnot. Anyway, I'm up north, in Ashland county. It's quite a ways away, to be honest.
Old 15-12-2011, 10:42 PM
dhaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheTulip

Knowledge of the meanings is not necessary to have a connection to them. It is part of the mystery, and the reason people ask for any sort of divine reading. I know very little about Tarot meanings, yet certain cards will be drawn for me, and the meaning then explained :)
Old 16-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B.
That's good to to hear, but are you talking about Seidr by any chance? I learned the base meanings of the Runes from the internet, and I one of the sites I used mentioned that. While I meddle around with Galdr, I have yet to try that specifically. Here is the website, if it's any use.
I was very pleased to see Bil Linzie's [The Seithman] website on that list. He is certainly an antidote to the fluffiness that permeates so much of the modern Seiðr revivals.

Some lots of interesting links to mull over as well. I didn't know SunnyWay had a Seiðr page (probably because I was horrified at their lore pages lol).
Old 17-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Michael B.

I haven't gone much into lore and the mythology of it, but I might have to sooner or later. Seiðr seemed interesting, but I've liked using Galdr a bit more regardless.
Old 30-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Rhodes

I bought my runes out of curiosity and I really like the purple coloring for the runes. The guide is not what I expected when I cast them and since the guide only gives the positive and not the negative (balance), casting wands has been a bit more revealing.