Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 09-04-2011, 09:31 PM
ZeroPointField

Which came first? Light or Sound?

Any thoughts?
Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Master
Logically thinking I would have to say light, where as sound would be a lower vibration ?.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Suspended
Does it matter?
Old 09-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Does it matter?
What came first, does it matter or yes it does matter lol.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Master
I would say neither came first.. I would say vibration was first. Sound is vibration that reverberates through an ear. So without an ear to decipher or translate that vibration it's just a vibration.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:05 PM
ZeroPointField

Quote:
Logically thinking I would have to say light, where as sound would be a lower vibration ?.

Maybe it needed a lower vibration first to reach the higher vibration. Who knows? Just a thought.

Quote:
Does it matter?

Yes. There are men here holding me hostage who will kill me if I don't find the answer. (sarcasm, don't call the cops)

It matters to my curiosity. You're never curious about things? Or was this a pun on "matter"?

Quote:
What came first, does it matter or yes it does matter lol

I think that made my brain hurt more than the original question. Heh.

Quote:
I would say neither came first.. I would say vibration was first. Sound is vibration that reverberates through an ear. So without an ear to decipher or translate that vibration it's just a vibration.

Definitely a good call, but if there was already an awareness to see or hear, and you had to choose, which do you think came first?
Old 09-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Master
ZeroPointField - I don't know a whole lot about science but the little bit that I do know about the "Big Bang Theory" I would surmise that light and sound occurred simultaneously. :)

Blackraven
Old 09-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPointField
Definitely a good call, but if there was already an awareness to see or hear, and you had to choose, which do you think came first?

You still have another variable with regards to light. That would be what is the source of light? Now if both conditions exist as true their being the vibrations, and frequency of sound and also a source of light also existing. It could then be said that sound was there first. As sound travels faster that light. You would be aware of sound before you would be aware of light.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Gracey

sound came first.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I like what you said innerlight, but that vibration that we call sound must have been there still before the hearing apparatus to convert it to what we call sound ?.