Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 04-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Carlos Castaneda

Carlos Castaneda was an anthropologist seeking to do field work on the use of medicinal plants when he met don Juan Matus at a bus station in Yuma Arizona. Don Juan was the heir to a lineage of seers or shamans that began in Mexico of ancient times, and whose goal was what he called “freedom of perception.”
Castaneda’s field informant became his teacher, who ushered him into a new way of being, based on the knowledge of the seers of his lineage. Carlos Castaneda wrote twelve books on his apprenticeship. Also, his colleagues and fellow students of don Juan, authors Florinda Donner-Grau, Taisha Abelar, and Carol Tiggs, wrote the books.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Newbie ;)

English, Carlos Castaneda-10 Books, PDF : yadi.sk/i/abGR-yRo3A2V7b

English, Carlos Castaneda-Magical Passes, PDF : yadi.sk/i/_KEw0frO3BWFj2

English, Carlos Castaneda-The Wheel of Time, PDF : yadi.sk/i/LUJNUpgL3GycWV

English, Taisha Abelar-The Sorcerers' Crossing, PDF : yadi.sk/i/Vg6mYyBj32AmPb

English, Florinda Donner-Being in Dreaming, PDF : yadi.sk/i/fBEhhm4X3BWwY7

English, Florinda Donner-The Witch's Dream, PDF : yadi.sk/i/yZn_DCmZ3Gydf8
Old 04-09-2017, 07:56 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Thanks for the links. I browsed some reviews of the non-Castaneda books you recommended, and I concluded it isn't worth downloading them. Could you write a few words about why do you recommend those books? Thanks.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
Thanks for the links. I browsed some reviews of the non-Castaneda books you recommended, and I concluded it isn't worth downloading them. Could you write a few words about why do you recommend those books? Thanks.

do you mean Taisha Abelar's and Florinda Doner's books?
Old 04-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetree
do you mean Taisha Abelar's and Florinda Doner's books?
Yes, those books.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Newbie ;)

All of them are the students of don Juan. First C.Castaneda wrote 12 books, then others wrote the books that's about their apprenticeship.
If you read C.Castaneda's books first, you can understand clearly. He mentioned those women in his books.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator
I used to read all these books. I knew someone who was a Shaman. All appeared well....until I read about catching a lizard, sewing up its mouth, and turning it loose in the desert.
(In pain, and presumably to slowly starve. For the sake of "An Oracle.")
That was it for me. I receive clear signs when something is not right for me (at least.)
Needless to say, the Shaman and I went our separate ways. Thank goodness we did. I found something much more true.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Those quotations from the books :

...Human beings are perceivers, but the world that they perceive is an illusion: an illusion created by the description that was told to them from the moment they were born....

...To change our idea of the world is the crux of shamanism. And stopping the internal dialogue is the only way to accomplish it....

... The human form is a conglomerate of energy fields which exists in the universe, and which is related exclusively to human beings. Shamans call it the human form because those energy fields have been bent and contorted by a lifetime of habits and misuse....

.... The only freedom warriors have is to behave impeccably. Not only is impeccability freedom; it is the only way to straighten out the human form.....

.... The art of dreaming is the capacity to utilize one's ordinary dreams and transform them into controlled awareness by virtue of a specialized form of attention called the dreaming attention....

....The art of stalking is a set of procedures and attitudes that enables a warrior to get the best out of any conceivable situation.....

.... Self-importance is man's greatest enemy. What weakens him is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of his fellow men. Self-importance requires that one spend most of one's life offended by something or someone.....

.... The greatest flaw of human beings is to remain glued to the inventory of reason. Reason doesn't deal with man as energy. Reason deals with instruments that create energy, but it has never seriously occurred to reason that we are better than instruments: we are organisms that create energy. We are bubbles of energy.....

.... The worst that could happen to us is that we have to die, and since that is already our unalterable fate, we are free: those who have lost everything no longer have anything to fear.....

.... In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link. Warriors are concerned with discussing, understanding, and employing that connecting link. They are especially concerned with cleaning it of the numbing effects brought about by the ordinary concerns of their everyday lives. Shamanism at this level can be defined as the procedure of cleaning one's connecting link to intent......

.... Man's possibilities are so vast and mysterious that warriors, rather than thinking about them, have chosen to explore them, with no hope of ever understanding them.....
Old 05-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I used to read all these books. I knew someone who was a Shaman. All appeared well....until I read about catching a lizard, sewing up its mouth, and turning it loose in the desert.
(In pain, and presumably to slowly starve. For the sake of "An Oracle.")
That was it for me. I receive clear signs when something is not right for me (at least.)
Needless to say, the Shaman and I went our separate ways. Thank goodness we did. I found something much more true.

I read that too and that bothered me. I think it was the same book that kept referring to the male shaman. I didn't like how it seemed constantly geared in that direction (only). I stopped reading after that book too.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetree
Those quotations from the books :

...Human beings are perceivers, but the world that they perceive is an illusion: an illusion created by the description that was told to them from the moment they were born....

...To change our idea of the world is the crux of shamanism. And stopping the internal dialogue is the only way to accomplish it....

... The human form is a conglomerate of energy fields which exists in the universe, and which is related exclusively to human beings. Shamans call it the human form because those energy fields have been bent and contorted by a lifetime of habits and misuse....

.... The only freedom warriors have is to behave impeccably. Not only is impeccability freedom; it is the only way to straighten out the human form.....

.... The art of dreaming is the capacity to utilize one's ordinary dreams and transform them into controlled awareness by virtue of a specialized form of attention called the dreaming attention....

....The art of stalking is a set of procedures and attitudes that enables a warrior to get the best out of any conceivable situation.....

.... Self-importance is man's greatest enemy. What weakens him is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of his fellow men. Self-importance requires that one spend most of one's life offended by something or someone.....

.... The greatest flaw of human beings is to remain glued to the inventory of reason. Reason doesn't deal with man as energy. Reason deals with instruments that create energy, but it has never seriously occurred to reason that we are better than instruments: we are organisms that create energy. We are bubbles of energy.....

.... The worst that could happen to us is that we have to die, and since that is already our unalterable fate, we are free: those who have lost everything no longer have anything to fear.....

.... In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link. Warriors are concerned with discussing, understanding, and employing that connecting link. They are especially concerned with cleaning it of the numbing effects brought about by the ordinary concerns of their everyday lives. Shamanism at this level can be defined as the procedure of cleaning one's connecting link to intent......

.... Man's possibilities are so vast and mysterious that warriors, rather than thinking about them, have chosen to explore them, with no hope of ever understanding them.....
Thank you for sharing