Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 20-08-2017, 04:13 AM
Pathfinder
Anyone else read conversations with god?

Conversations with god. By Neal Donald Walsch.
Has had the most prefound impacted on my live.
Just hoping to find others.
Old 21-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allr1
Conversations with god. By Neal Donald Walsch.
Has had the most prefound impacted on my live.
Just hoping to find others.

I've read it. It's an engaging read.
Thought provoking.
Old 25-08-2017, 02:10 AM
Pathfinder
I don’t think I’ve ever read any book more than twice. I love to read and learn, and have a job were I can read all day. (Tuff life)
When I started book 1, something told me, don’t keep stoping to analyse more is being taken in than you imagine. Have now read the five books I have more than 15 times. (Over many years) and every time was like a different book explained in a new way. It completely changed my view of life and its meening.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 25-08-2017, 11:06 PM
Knower
Quote:

I love to read and learn, and have a job were I can read all day. (Tuff life)

When I started book 1, something told me, don’t keep stoping to analyse more is being taken in than you imagine.

Tough, indeed!

How awesome that you listened! That same something has shared that same message with me recently - "don’t keep stopping to analyze, more is being taken in than you imagine" - and I'm taking in info left and right. I realize I won't remember some of it, but it's getting tucked away in my brain somewhere.

I've only read his first book once, but I have a handful of other books that I read regularly including Hinds Feet on High Places and Jonathon Livingston Seagull. Good stuff!
Old 25-08-2017, 11:37 PM
Pathfinder
Hinds Feet on High Places and Jonathon Livingston Seagull. Good stuff!
Will look into them.
I believe conscience is 2% and unconscious 98%.
Everything is going in.
Old 26-08-2017, 02:41 AM
Ascender
Quote:
I believe conscience is 2% and unconscious 98%.
Everything is going in.
That's a refreshing idea!

I recently got myself a pair of high powered binoculars and was looking through them today at the world outside. It was very warm and sunny, all the right conditions for good visibility and distance. I was struck by just how much I don't see, like what it must be to have cataracts removed. It had a very profound effect on my day.
Old 26-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea

I recently got myself a pair of high powered binoculars and was looking through them today at the world outside. ... I was struck by just how much I don't see, like what it must be to have cataracts removed. It had a very profound effect on my day.

Not to detract from the theme of this thread, but - this is interesting timing. I'm experiencing the same thing. I had a dream recently that I posted in the dream forum - Avalanche going up - and part of it involved my view of the mountains. I had binocular vision even though I wasn't using any. The detail and clarity of the mountain range were incredible. And since that dream, I've been walking around looking at - life - and my vision (it's 20-20) cannot compete - at all - to the vision I had in my dream. When I look at the trees and hills in the distance now - it's a letdown because I know what I'm missing.

It's an extremely odd sensation to know that binocular vision exists and that I'm missing out on it while out hiking with my dog. It wouldn't be nice to say that everything looks bland, but it almost does. My vision can not do justice to what's actually out there.

I had an interesting idea about this a couple of days ago. I realized that with super human binocular vision, a person can be in two places at the same time. Sort of, and not physically of course, but in my dream, I could see in detail everything that was far away - as though I were two feet instead of 200 miles from it. My attention was focused on what I was looking at while I was actually nowhere near it.

I thought this was an interesting observation anyway ...

Anyway - thanks!
Old 26-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
When I look at the trees and hills in the distance now - it's a letdown because I know what I'm missing.
Maybe you can get yourself binoculars; to remind you from time to time.

Although I haven't read the CwG series, when reading the original posts I did feel totally connected with the underlying meaning. Seeing the naturalness of my immediate environment was somewhat like having a dialogue with God. As Walsch says: God talks to all people at all times - the question is not to whom does God talk, but who listens.
Old 27-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Pathfinder
I love microscopes, telescopes and binoculars for the very same reason.
Old 31-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Knower
I'd like to read this one, but I've heard that you should be in good enough psychological condition to read it. So I wait.