Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 15-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Pathfinder

writing a book inspired by spirit

Hi Ya
Is anyone else actually writing a book because they were inspired to do so by spirit, I don't seem to find much out there on the subject, I am doing this at the moment it's not going to badly, I also have ideas for other spiritual stories as well but it is much harder to write than the one I am doing now.

sleepy

You have nothing to fear but fear itself

Alan Turing: Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:21 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
Yes, and I finished it. It's a novel and I recently completed the second draft of it. There are some highly spiritual components to the story so I am not sure it will sell well.

I'd been working on another book at the time and felt called away from that, to write the aforementioned one.

I believe that all good artists are, in fact, channelers, even if they do not realize this. The art comes from 'somewhere.'

There is actually quite a bit on the subject. You've just got to know where to look! ;-) Some books have been channeled that are of a spiritual nature like, "The Seth Books" by Jane Roberts and books by Sanaya Roman in working with a spirit named, "Orin." These are not fictional pieces, however, but non-fictional ones.

William Blake, George William Russell and Carl. G. Jung are just some writers who consciously worked with their spirits and with Source to create both writing and artwork.

Sir Isaac Newton would meditate to get ideas for inventions.

Of course, some took 'short-cuts' to expand their consciousness to better their art. Samuel Taylor Coleridge made use of opium and created his magnum opus poem, "Kubla Khan."

Hermann Hesse, Jack Kerouac, Rumi, Dante Alighieri, Kahlil Gibran, W.B. Yeats, Robert Graves, Henry David Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Rabinadranath Tagore -- these are yet more writers who practiced spiritually to improve their work and the results of their work demonstrate that.

Meditation and other spiritual practices have made me a better writer because such things help me to be 'in tune' -- to more readily access the, 'Ocean of Knowledge.'

Also, just work on the story you are doing now without forcing yourself onto the others just yet. Their time will come and so will yours. Keep on going and don't give up! Good luck!
Old 04-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Newbie ;)

I started writing looking at my life experiences and interpreting them in my way and out of nowhere a plot appeared in my mind. It was about a group of all capable Souls playing human game. One Soul takes plunge into other soul's controlled game and tries to make meaning out of the normal life events which are happening. The controller soul cooperates as it wants to bring improvement into the game itself.
I went on writing the story and suddenly when I checked it was 55000 words long! That word count is a standard novel. Suddenly, I felt the need to put it out in the form of an e-book. I have done it with a title "Anonymous Messiah PART-1". There is enough material available for a PART-2 and may be PART-3.
I do not know where it is going to take me or whether anyone will be reading it. But there is a push and I am responding.
Old 17-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Experiencer

I write about spiritual topics, but I wouldn't say they are "inspired" by Spirit. However, I would say that I get this against the grain feeling when I write something I'm guessing shouldn't be included there.
Old 14-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Pathfinder

Hi all thank you for the replies, im sorry i havent replied for ages i have been very busy indeed.
I have done the story now im just getting my husband to edit it when he gets the time.

sleepy.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself

Alan Turing: Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.
Old 15-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar
Yes, and I finished it. It's a novel and I recently completed the second draft of it. There are some highly spiritual components to the story so I am not sure it will sell well.

I'd been working on another book at the time and felt called away from that, to write the aforementioned one.

I believe that all good artists are, in fact, channelers, even if they do not realize this. The art comes from 'somewhere.'

There is actually quite a bit on the subject. You've just got to know where to look! ;-) Some books have been channeled that are of a spiritual nature like, "The Seth Books" by Jane Roberts and books by Sanaya Roman in working with a spirit named, "Orin." These are not fictional pieces, however, but non-fictional ones.

William Blake, George William Russell and Carl. G. Jung are just some writers who consciously worked with their spirits and with Source to create both writing and artwork.

Sir Isaac Newton would meditate to get ideas for inventions.

Of course, some took 'short-cuts' to expand their consciousness to better their art. Samuel Taylor Coleridge made use of opium and created his magnum opus poem, "Kubla Khan."

Hermann Hesse, Jack Kerouac, Rumi, Dante Alighieri, Kahlil Gibran, W.B. Yeats, Robert Graves, Henry David Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Rabinadranath Tagore -- these are yet more writers who practiced spiritually to improve their work and the results of their work demonstrate that.

Meditation and other spiritual practices have made me a better writer because such things help me to be 'in tune' -- to more readily access the, 'Ocean of Knowledge.'

Also, just work on the story you are doing now without forcing yourself onto the others just yet. Their time will come and so will yours. Keep on going and don't give up! Good luck!

Yes I feel this too
in places where others do not.