Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 31-10-2016, 04:47 AM
Experiencer
Jack London

Are there any Jack London fans out here?

I first knew of him back in the 6th grade when I read "White Fang" (my favourite of his) and it was definitely a spiritual experience for me. So much that I've read it again and again, gaining new insight each time that I didn't have the previous times of reading it. I saw nature differently, and the animalistic side of human nature much differently also.

"Call of the Wild" is another one I love. Jack London died too young, but his books on nature, wild life and instinct have completely impacted me in way that's life changing, more admirable. Thank you!
Old 31-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Guide
Solarian, I've been a Jack London fan since I was a teenager. "Call of the Wild" is one of my favorites. It's good to hear that Jack's novels have impacted you in a spiritual way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarian
Are there any Jack London fans out here?

I first knew of him back in the 6th grade when I read "White Fang" (my favourite of his) and it was definitely a spiritual experience for me. So much that I've read it again and again, gaining new insight each time that I didn't have the previous times of reading it. I saw nature differently, and the animalistic side of human nature much differently also.

"Call of the Wild" is another one I love. Jack London died too young, but his books on nature, wild life and instinct have completely impacted me in way that's life changing, more admirable. Thank you!

Old 31-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer21
Solarian, I've been a Jack London fan since I was a teenager. "Call of the Wild" is one of my favorites. It's good to hear that Jack's novels have impacted you in a spiritual way.

I'm happy to hear you're a fan yourself
Old 01-11-2016, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator
Yes I always liked Jack London's books. White Fang....Call of the Wild....
It's nice to know he is not forgotten as a good writer even as time goes by.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:28 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Yes I always liked Jack London's books. White Fang....Call of the Wild....
It's nice to know he is not forgotten as a good writer even as time goes by.

I agree, Tobi! Let's not forget "Sea Wolf!"
Old 14-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Deactivated Account
I like The Star Rover (aka The Jacket).
A novel about reincarnation, written over a century ago...
Old 12-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Master
Brings back old memories. Forgot all about him.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
Yes! I am fan of Jack London's work and have read quite a bit of it. I even visited a house he lived in, in Oakland, California set (aptly enough) in Jack London Square.
Old 22-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Experiencer

I do adore his books. Good choice!