Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 27-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Pathfinder
Red face Buying a House By a Cemetary??

Hi All,

So, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this question but would it be foolish to buy a house next to a cemetery if one was trying to avoid interacting with spirits in the house?

I've never (ever!) considered buying a house by cemetery but I was out driving one day and I saw the cutest subdivision of 5 brand new townhomes. They are SO cute I find myself staring at them/being drawn to them every time I drive by. Well, that was last year and now I'm considering buying a townhome and I was looking at available townhomes online. I found out that one of those townhomes are for sale--actually, 3 out of the 5 homes are for sale and that may indicate something! --but after research, I realized a huge cemetary is right behind it. You can't see the cemetery from the subdivision b/c of the trees (and brush) but it's there.

Thoughts? Do you think there's a higher probability of the house being haunted because it's next to a cemetery? If the cemetary wasn't there, I think this would be the perfect property for me! That said, I'm still drawn to it... I find myself staring at the for sale pictures over and over again.
Old 27-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLynx
Hi All,

So, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this question but would it be foolish to buy a house next to a cemetery if one was trying to avoid interacting with spirits in the house?

I've never (ever!) considered buying a house by cemetery but I was out driving one day and I saw the cutest subdivision of 5 brand new townhomes. They are SO cute I find myself staring at them/being drawn to them every time I drive by. Well, that was last year and now I'm considering buying a townhome and I was looking at available townhomes online. I found out that one of those townhomes are for sale--actually, 3 out of the 5 homes are for sale and that may indicate something! --but after research, I realized a huge cemetary is right behind it. You can't see the cemetery from the subdivision b/c of the trees (and brush) but it's there.

Thoughts? Do you think there's a higher probability of the house being haunted because it's next to a cemetery? If the cemetary wasn't there, I think this would be the perfect property for me! That said, I'm still drawn to it... I find myself staring at the for sale pictures over and over again.

LadyLynx - I guess it all depends on how superstitious you are. If the cemetery location doesn't bother you and you love the townhouse, it's easy to see why you would buy. On the flip side, for resale purposes there could be a snag down the line. It's possible the buying pool would be smaller due to the number of people that are superstitious and don't want to live by a cemetery.
Old 27-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Master
Lightbulb

There are other issues to worry about with buying a home than a cemetery nearby, I'm sure. So, if I were you, I'd go for it - or at least start by asking the realtor about stuff like that, and go door to door if you can in the neighborhood and ask questions. Or go goth!

Old 27-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Administrator
Hello

There is nothing that keeps a spirit from your home no matter where it is. The idea that the non living are in a graveyard is superstitions for them most part. The non living go forth to much more than a hole in the ground I feel. While yes I have connected with them at the grave yard many times they are not confined there. The graveyard is a place for the living to go to and to pay their respects to have that alone time with their loved one that has passed.

I have lived by a graveyard but never over looked one. There is no more quiet one to have next door. As long as you do not go around in the dark provoking the dead your in good company. The only things I look for around a graveyard is that it does have gates that close it off.....there is one by me that has no gate now and activity seems to be up a bit. Its lost that feeling of security on some levels.

Lynn
Old 27-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
LadyLynx - I guess it all depends on how superstitious you are. If the cemetery location doesn't bother you and you love the townhouse, it's easy to see why you would buy. On the flip side, for resale purposes there could be a snag down the line. It's possible the buying pool would be smaller due to the number of people that are superstitious and don't want to live by a cemetery.

Hi BlackRaven, thank you!

I'm not superstitious and actually feel at peace over there. I drove through the cemetery today--I didn't even know you could drive through cemeteries--and it didn't bother me; it was very peaceful. I even saw a lady walking her dog...

I agree--for resale purposes it'd definitely be a little harder but I also thought I could negotiate for a much lower price due to its location and the fact that it's been on the market for a while. Hhhmmm, decisions decisions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
There are other issues to worry about with buying a home than a cemetery nearby, I'm sure. So, if I were you, I'd go for it - or at least start by asking the realtor about stuff like that, and go door to door if you can in the neighborhood and ask questions. Or go goth!

Great idea! I could ask the family in the house next door. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn

I have lived by a graveyard but never over looked one. There is no more quiet one to have next door. As long as you do not go around in the dark provoking the dead your in good company. The only things I look for around a graveyard is that it does have gates that close it off.....there is one by me that has no gate now and activity seems to be up a bit. Its lost that feeling of security on some levels.

Lynn

Hhhmmmm... There are no gates at this cemetery. And, it's in an area that dates back to the Civil War; I'd imagine there would be activity there but I don't know.
Old 27-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Pathfinder
I just decided to google the cemetery and apparently it's mostly a cemetery for Civil War soldiers. Also, pretty much across the street is an "inn" that popped up as one of the most haunted areas in the city; back in the 1800's it used to be a war hospital.

So, I guess I've answered my question... There's probably activity at this subdivision.
Old 27-10-2016, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLynx
I just decided to google the cemetery and apparently it's mostly a cemetery for Civil War soldiers. Also, pretty much across the street is an "inn" that popped up as one of the most hunted areas in the city; back in the 1800's it used to be a war hospital.

So, I guess I've answered my question... There's probably activity at this subdivision.

Cool...you were very resourceful there, LL.

But, I wouldn't let that stop me from buying what could potentially be my dream home of a lifetime. I mean how many times are you gonna buy a 'home'? I still think it's a very good idea to check the neighbors about it. Don't give up.

Old 27-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Cool...you were very resourceful there, LL.

But, I wouldn't let that stop me from buying what could potentially be my dream home of a lifetime. I mean how many times are you gonna buy a 'home'? I still think it's a very good idea to check the neighbors about it. Don't give up.

I'll definitely ask! ... I just find it odd the 3 open homes are the ones next to the cemetery. (( The subdivision is in the shape of a half moon--the three open homes are on the curved edge of the moon (so to speak) )).

Then, I found this site when I googled "living next to a cemetery":
http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/14193-feng-shui-help/

That said, I'm still drawn to the house but that forum (site) addressed being drawn to a house like that. Do you guys agree? ... That post resonated with me b/c I've been having a rough time lately and can't figure out why...

Quote from site: "Traps are always baited with something attractive or no one would get caught. Meat in a bear trap, cheese in a mousetrap... There's usually a 4P problem underlying people's attraction to bad feng shui residences -- someone with a lucky chart will navigate toward good feng shui, and vice versa."

I never considered Feng Shui but maybe I should. Hhhmmm.
Old 27-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator
You know what? The remains in those graves are just bones.

There will also be some energies from the family members who come to tend the graves, and remember their loved ones.

The Souls are long gone. Very very rarely someone hangs around the dense places of the Astral for a while but they are probably not going to be hanging around next to their bones, but more likely to be in the etheric counterpart of somewhere they hold dear/ have an obsession with.
I don't know what is the big thing about graveyards....they are really peaceful places.
But it's true that mind-set can create all sorts of effects and energetic influences. If it feels like a 'bad place to be' you can bet that mind-set will create some negativity.

But from a purely practical point of view, if you are buying to let, or buying to sell later for profit, it might be wise to choose another house, as many people would be prejudiced against living in that location, and the house price may not be so great. (?)
Old 27-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Master
It is absolutely not a problem, in fact it is kind of an advantage. I do work with spirits but not those of the dead. Behind you, would be a cemetary which means that there would not be houses behind you...You wouldn't be bothered by neighbors. It might be interesting.

I live next door to a park and it is a big advantage because it is open space and kind of like a big yard for me. I can look out my window and see who is there and what they are doing.

It depends on what kind of cemetary it is but it might be a nice place to take a walk, if you wanted. I think that over the years, there have been people buried all over. The whole planet would be haunted if that were a problem, and maybe it is. I personally don't believe in ghosts in the same way that some other people do. That is because I work with the other side and I have a unique perspective.

We have an old cemetary nearby and it is interesting and a nice place. The energy there is not bad at all.

I would suggest that you take a tour yourself and see how you feel. You are intuitive and sensitive to energy and you can feel for yourself if it is good energy, or bad energy.

You are attracted to that place for a reason and I think it is because the energy is good. You pick up on that.