Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 01-10-2017, 07:39 AM
Newbie ;)

anyone read Urantia book?

Has any one read the book Urantia?
Old 11-10-2017, 03:35 AM
Knower

I started a post a few years ago asking essentially the same question. That thread seems to have disappeared though.

From what I remember it's not really worth digging into. At the very least it seems to have had mixed reviews. However, then again maybe not. I just looked on amazon where it has a very high rating(four and a half).

It seems to be coming from a Christian perspective but I really don't know for sure.
Old 25-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Master
I have the book but I haven't read it. I used to go to the 11:11 site as well.
being an 11:11er is what brought me there, but I haven't been there in awhile.
Old 20-11-2017, 03:23 PM
Seeker

I was just given a copy by a new friend who has done tones of spiritual research and journeying but who only recently has settled into a Bible-based belief system and lifestyle. I respect this person enough that I will be giving it a read. I'll keep you posted as I do so.
Old 22-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Experiencer

I have a copy of it. I'll let you know my opinion when I am finished
Old 06-08-2018, 01:10 AM
Newbie ;)

If you are on the Divine Love path, the Urantia Book will resonate greatly for you as containing many Truths. The explanation of the purpose of Time itself is worth a read if nothin else. Of course one may or may not acknowledge the value if they have not experienced God on a personal level and, having done so, begin to realize the nature and purpose of existence.

Here is an excerp on deciding to align your Will with God’s Will:

Such a creature choice is not a surrender of will. It is a consecration of will, an expansion of will, a glorification of will, a perfecting of will; and such choosing raises the creature will from the level of temporal significance to that higher estate wherein the personality of the creature son communes with the personality of the spirit Father.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:41 PM
Master

Have it, have never read it. I also have the Oahspe which I did read at one time. It's about all the different civilizations that have graced planet Earth.
Old 26-04-2019, 02:00 PM
Knower

My introduction to the UB occurred about twenty years ago, with an old-timer whom I’d visit on occasion; a fellow who was at that time an acquaintance of mine.

(As an aside, and unrelated to the UB, this affable geezer would often tell of his lifetime of experiencing High Strangeness, and I’ll never forget the one vision he told me he had of a door appearing before him that he was given the impression opened into another dimension and the being that beckoned for him to cross over the threshold. The oldster told me how he was tempted to step on over, but decided against it, out of fear that he might never have returned to his family.)

Back to the UB. Amidst our conversations on metaphysical themes this man would often rave about this tome and once asked if I had ever read it. I said that I was unfamiliar with it.

On one or two occasions he took to retrieving the book to show it to me. I’m so glad that he did for I was immediately quite interested in certain sections of it, that to this day I continue to read.

Granted, quite a bit of the terminology, as when it discusses the names of planets, areas of the universe, cosmic substances, and so forth, is a bit too eccentric for my liking and its cosmogony seems rather convoluted to me. But these are mere quibbles.

When I found out that there was an entire portion dedicated to the topic of Christ Jesus’ early years, I just had to read it!

It is said of the UB that it is the most voluminous and most intricately written work of New Age material ever composed and published, and it’s claimed to have been authored by supermortals via trance channeling.

Much of what it has to say resonates with me, as when it speaks of our planet as a rather unevolved spiritual world, and particularly when it comes to the issue of the human soul and the concept of an indwelling force within us that an individual must first be interested in befriending and nurturing in order for one’s soul to grow toward attaining postmortem consciousness.

More than anything else about the UB, from the moment it was introduced to me, I was curious as to the history behind its compilation. Who was the trance medium? How many years did it take to put it all together? What to make of all its scientific talk?

Anyone who conducts even a cursory research into these questions will almost immediately come across the name of William Sadler, a psychiatrist of whom it was said was close to the channeler.

Incidentally, as brought out in Martin Gardner’s book on the topic, Sadler was at one time a Seventh-day Adventist, and it was of interest for me to learn that the Adventists (at least back in his time and maybe today as well), as with Jehovah’s Witnesses, taught/teach the doctrines of “soul-sleep” and “annihilationism” which most Bible scholars and orthodox Christians adamantly state is not a biblical teaching and which I also feel to be so, too.

To this day, I have not read all of the UB’s papers, but the ones that I have, I’ve greatly enjoyed. I, however, am one who believes in reincarnation and, as far as I know, this is not taught in the UB.