Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 14-02-2018, 04:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
We can have a pack. If you die first you have to haunt me and tell me. If I die first I'll haunt you. Ok?
LOL... but I rather do not haunt people or be haunted. It is just, music... I wouldn't want to live without music. Well, maybe in a higher dimension you can experience it in a different way, like a whole music piece at once. When time is not linear or is like 2D or 3D is for us here, then you cannot play note after note, of course...
Old 14-02-2018, 08:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
LOL... but I rather do not haunt people or be haunted. It is just, music... I wouldn't want to live without music. Well, maybe in a higher dimension you can experience it in a different way, like a whole music piece at once. When time is not linear or is like 2D or 3D is for us here, then you cannot play note after note, of course...
Ok, lets explore this a bit.

Assuming if there is something after death, which is a big IF, since the only way to find out is to die. Then assuming that we no longer had a corporeal body. Say we were something more ethereal.

At the moment music is vibrations of air that impact with your ear drum, stimulating minute hair follicles that generate a small charge that travels along a nerve (a single cell stretched from the ear to the brain) which then passes onto millions of other cells which interpret this stimulus and if the patterns within it have a certain symmetry this triggers an organ in the brain to produce dopamine or serotonin (or one of the 4) and this chemical effects the rest of the brain in a way you perceive as pleasure.

All that happens very quickly in a fraction of a second. But it has limitations. The sound you experience is only the little bit that interacts with your ear.

If you were ethereal then potentially you'd 'feel' this sound over all of you at once in a kinda 3D way (compared to your 2D way now). It would be like a cross between being in the womb and being in a rave where the sound massaged your whole body. Or, your 'body' (whatever that was) would be too ethereal to interact with sound waves and it'd just pass right through you.

Or conventional science doesn't apply because we don't know the science of consciousness outside the body (at least not publicly).

Personally I think if we do continue in some way it will be as essence. Everything we know in this universe came from essence. Love cannot just be created by the Big Bang and gasses (pardon the innuendo ). Love had to have existed (in some form, be it essence or potential) before the Big Bang. Therefore everything we experience can exist in some form of essence without the need for matter.

The only experiences you couldn't have after death would be those that require matter and don't have an essence. I'm not sure what those would be. Could be all of them. Could be none. Could be just one, like physical touch. It's all speculation.
Old 14-02-2018, 08:47 AM
Deactivated Account
Thank you, Aaron Lowe.

Of course it is all speculation. Which is why I posted these thoughts here, in this thread...
Old 14-02-2018, 08:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
Thank you, Aaron Lowe.

Of course it is all speculation. Which is why I posted these thoughts here, in this thread...
I was referring to my post, but you're right. I was wondering about it like you.
Old 14-02-2018, 09:59 AM
Master
Is it possible to reach fairness
Old 14-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Suspended
Having a shower
Old 14-02-2018, 11:06 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
Is it possible to reach fairness
In a way God is totally fair. The laws apply to everyone. Nobody gets disposition.

You might think a still born baby is not fair, but if that one life was spared everything would be chaos.

Fairness doesn't mean you get what you want or that life will be more favourable to you. Actually, it means the exact opposite since favours are special disposition and limited whereas fairness is totally consistent and universal.
Old 14-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
In a way God is totally fair. The laws apply to everyone. Nobody gets disposition.

You might think a still born baby is not fair, but if that one life was spared everything would be chaos.

Fairness doesn't mean you get what you want or that life will be more favourable to you. Actually, it means the exact opposite since favours are special disposition and limited whereas fairness is totally consistent and universal.

I agree with what you have here. I was wondering though if on our own and by ourselves if we can reach fairness.
Old 14-02-2018, 01:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
I agree with what you have here. I was wondering though if on our own and by ourselves if we can reach fairness.
Not sure about that. Our ideological idea of fairness is incompatible with the universe.

I think we need to start with something small and work our way up from there. For example, start recognising people as human.

Dogs can recognise another dog as a dog. Peacocks don't try to mate with cars because they know it's not a peacock.

But us humans, we're lagging way behind all the other animals in terms of inter species recognition.

That's why we have racism, ageism and sexism. Jesus had it right when he said we should become like little children.

If we can't get that basic of all basics right, there's no point trying anything more advanced. You've got to build your house on rock if you want it to last.
Old 14-02-2018, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Not sure about that. Our ideological idea of fairness is incompatible with the universe.

I think we need to start with something small and work our way up from there. For example, start recognising people as human.

Dogs can recognise another dog as a dog. Peacocks don't try to mate with cars because they know it's not a peacock.

But us humans, we're lagging way behind all the other animals in terms of inter species recognition.

That's why we have racism, ageism and sexism. Jesus had it right when he said we should become like little children.

If we can't get that basic of all basics right, there's no point trying anything more advanced. You've got to build your house on rock if you want it to last.

I am sure you can see why I was wondering about it; it is quite hectic and it is a human evolution project that has not even began.