Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 04-11-2018, 03:26 AM
Seeker

Did I talk to a GHOST?

Here's something that happened to me that I wonder about.

This happened back in October of 1995. I went to a family reunion at a church with a cemetery. It has some of my ancestors buried in it. When I got there I didn't see anyone but an elderly lady walking through the tombstones toward the church. Her hair was up in a bun like old ladies used to wear and she had on a light-colored dress.

I asked her if she were here for the reunion and she said yes. I asked her name and she said Orie. I began to cry because I had seen her name on the family tree somewhere so it was very touching.

She sat down on a tombstone. I asked her if she knew my mother and aunt. She said she did. I cried some more out of sentimentality. Then she rattled off other names I didn't recognize. I tried to film her with the camcorder (this was 1995) but it didn't work. It worked perfectly at home. I was so mad.

I asked Orie where everybody else was and she said in the church. I went in the church and saw a bunch of relatives but only knew 2 of them. I tried the camcorder again and it worked perfectly! I told my cousin that it didn't work outside when I tried to film Orie. I asked him if he knew Orie and he had to stop and think. Then he said Orie was long-since dead. I said but I just talked to her in the cemetery!

I took my cousin back outside to see for himself but she was gone. I was only in the church for a couple of minutes and an old lady like that could not have walked off that fast! It's a wide-open cemetery, like a golf course. But she was nowhere in sight.

When I got home I looked on the family tree and Orie had died in 1942.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Master

Welcome to the forum . Interesting story . She could of been a ghost . I guess she could of been named after the lady that died in 42.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:58 AM
Seeker

thank you. but she was too old to have been born after 1942.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:31 AM
Seeker

it seems ghosts don't respect other ghosts' tombstones. they sit on them as if they are chairs. orie sat on a tombstone. like she did it all the time. now i found this pic of a ghost doing it. you might have seen it before.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:18 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by hissyfit

This happened back in October of 1995. I went to a family reunion at a church with a cemetery. It has some of my ancestors buried in it. When I got there I didn't see anyone but an elderly lady walking through the tombstones toward the church. Her hair was up in a bu.................it didn't work outside when I tried to film Orie. I asked him if he knew Orie and he had to stop and think. Then he said Orie was long-since dead. I said but I just talked to her in the cemetery!

I took my cousin back outside to see for himself but she was gone. I was only in the church for a couple of minutes and an old lady like that could not have walked off that fast! It's a wide-open cemetery, like a golf course. But she was nowhere in sight.

Your meeting was not with a ghost but with the spirit of someone now passed over, a spirit you personally were able to see and speak with. You may be a sensitive.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Pathfinder

I know this is an older post, hissyfit, but I've been perusing your posts. What a marvelous true-life ghost story. Odd about the recorder not working outside since so much activity is captured on film by all these modern day ghost hunters. But, of course, they use up-to-date modern technology.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Hissyfit,
Sounds like your a sensitive also like me.
I still hear disembodied voices, heck last night my name was called and everyone was asleep!
I knew it was urgent because they said my full first name.
I simply told the spirit I am sleeping, now not the time, you are invading my time.
You need to go to the light you are no longer alive, then I heard a laugh, I got up and I smudged.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Master

On the camcorder problem , a few times I have had my electrionic volt meter malfunction while checking different equipment . They worked later . Ghosts have some kind of effect on electronics.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hissyfit

This happened back in October of 1995. I went to a family reunion at a church with a cemetery. It has some of my ancestors buried in it. When I got there I didn't see anyone but an elderly lady walking through the tombstones toward the church. Her hair was up in a bun like old ladies used to wear and she had on a light-colored dress.

I asked her if she were here for the reunion and she said yes. I asked her name and she said Orie. I began to cry because I had seen her name on the family tree somewhere so it was very touching.

She sat down on a tombstone. I asked her if she knew my mother and aunt. She said she did. I cried some more out of sentimentality. Then she rattled off other names I didn't recognize. I tried to film her with the camcorder (this was 1995) but it didn't work. It worked perfectly at home. I was so mad.

I asked Orie where everybody else was and she said in the church. I went in the church and saw a bunch of relatives but only knew 2 of them. I tried the camcorder again and it worked perfectly! I told my cousin that it didn't work outside when I tried to film Orie. I asked him if he knew Orie and he had to stop and think. Then he said Orie was long-since dead. I said but I just talked to her in the cemetery!

hissyfit - It sounds to me like you spoke with a spirit. What an astonishing story. Thanks for sharing.

Years ago when my family was searching for a house we went down a narrow dirt road to check out an old house that sat on that street alone. Ahead in the road was a woman dressed all in white. She had a white handkerchief in her hand and was waving it back down the road in the direction we came from. She had no facial expression. Just as we reached her, she disappeared. We took it as a sign to turn around and not look at the house.
Old 13-10-2019, 02:06 AM
Administrator
Hello

I would say that you did have a meeting with a relative that was there to pay her respects as well. It is not uncommon for equipment to fail or batteries to be drained with contact as they are using energy to come into view.

It too is not uncommon for others not to be able to see or experience what you were able to. It is your energy that bridges that possible connection. I would say it was a special event you had and I would cherish that day.

My first memories of seeing those that are passed was at the age of 6 at an open grave casket funeral. I was not a fun day for me, nor was it family in the grave I learned many years later, it was my Dad's former boss.

I am a Medium so encounters are not uncommon to me.

Lynn