Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 26-03-2016, 01:30 AM
Master
Does anyone know the method of healing described here ?

I originally posted this in the Tai Chi and Chi Gong forum, but no one responded. Am hoping someone in this Energy Work forum can help.

To any who may know the answer...

In Deepak Chopra's book, entitled "How to Know God, The Soul's Journey into the Mystery of Mysteries", Deepak relates the following story of healing experienced by one of his friends who had injured his foot while exercising:

"This was made clear to me by an accident that recently befell a close friend. Unaccustomed to working out at the gym, he strained on one machine and injured his right foot. Over the next few days he began to feel increasing pain whenever he put any weight on that foot, until after a few weeks he could hardly walk a block without having to sit down. On medical examination it was found that he had a common ailment known as planar fascitis, in which the connecting tissue between the heel and the front of the foot have been stretched or torn. The condition can sometimes be improved through specific exercises; severe cases can require surgery, which isn't always successful.
My friend, a stoic type, decided to tough out the pain and made only sporadic attempts to do the required exercises. In time he found it so difficult to walk, however, that in desperation he sought out a Chinese healer. "I went to his office, which was just a small room in the back of a kung fu studio. He was a short man in his fifties who gave no evidence of being mystical or spiritual, or in any way gifted in healing. But his treatment was remarkable," my friend recalls.
"After gently feeling my foot, he stood up and made a few signs in the air behind my spine. He never actually touched me, and when I asked what he was doing, he said simply that he was turning some switches in my energy field. He did this for a minute or so and then asked me to stand up. I did, and there was no sensation of pain, not the slightest. You have to remember that I had limped in, barely able to walk.
"In complete amazement I asked him what he had done. He told me that the body was an image projected by the mind, and in a state of health the mind keeps this image intact and balanced. However, injury and pain can cause us to withdraw our attention from the affected spot. In that case, the body image starts to deteriorate; its energy patterns become impaired,
unhealthy. So the healer restores the correct pattern—this is done instantly, on the spot—after which the patient's own mind takes responsibility for maintaining it that way.
"I stood up on the foot and walked around, just to be sure that I wasn't fooling myself. As I was doing this, the healer told me casually that I could be trained to do the same sort of work. 'Really?' I said. What would it take to be able to accomplish something like this? He answered, 'You only have to discard the belief that it is impossible.'"

Does anyone know the method of healing this practitioner seems to have used, and more importantly, what knowledge base does the statement, "He told me that the body was an image projected by the mind, and in a state of health the mind keeps this image intact and balanced.", come from?

I would like very much to learn more about such knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your learned guidance...

Reference: see Pages 131-132 of the PDF copy on line via this Google search: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...pak+chopra+pdf
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 26-03-2016, 02:49 AM
Master

the reference to the body being a projected image sounds like comments about the illusory nature of reality, so I would expect this to be loosely related to buddhism. But I don't know exactly how as I've never heard of this particular postulate before.

FWIW It does make sense to me that this would work although I might describe it a different way.
Old 26-03-2016, 04:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Does anyone know the method of healing this practitioner seems to have used, and more importantly, what knowledge base does the statement, "He told me that the body was an image projected by the mind, and in a state of health the mind keeps this image intact and balanced.", come from?

I would like very much to learn more about such knowledge.

the method seems to be a form of "faith healing", but without the aspect of divine intervention involved.
i can't think of a specific appropriate label for the method (although i might recognize a term if i heard it (again)).
Spiritual Masters are often speaking to the idea of physicality being fundamentally illusory. see Message from Babaji:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...29#post1397629

i have read that: our perceptions are always of things "in the past".
(even at the speed of light, what we see is an image from something prior to now.)
truth is always and forever within the now; it is present and real.
images, as are our perceptions, can only reflect truth to us (with distortions unfortunately).
Old 30-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Experiencer

Definitely some type of energy work, because there was no touching involved. I don't think it's exactly reiki, but along similar lines.
Old 20-05-2016, 07:31 PM
Guide
Location: Beyond this illusion some where between Finding God and helping others
It sounds like a mixture of reiki and visionary faith based healing.
Old 22-05-2016, 03:24 AM
Master

It is not reiki at all. Reiki does not go that far in healing per se but it can open things up for an individual who has high consciosness to begin with. In fact a healer like the one described would have had to have had an extremely high level of consciousness and then worked on his soul'development. The guy gives a simplistic answer to how this method can be learned. Reiki does not work for'everyone, some people feel very little energy even at level 3 and this all depends on the level'of consciousness they have to begin with and how much inner soul work they do on top of that.
Old 22-05-2016, 03:44 AM
Experiencer

This sounds similar to theta healing.

I did something similar to my sore throat a while back. I didn't even know what I was doing, I just got an impulse to do a certain thing with energy in my throat area. I felt something dislodge and float away and the sore throat was gone instantly. I've done energy work to heal sore muscle pain from working all day, but this was my first official healing of an illness. It was pretty cool.
Old 22-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Guide
Location: Beyond this illusion some where between Finding God and helping others
Reiki can go very very far in healing. I'm level one which was given to me through a video monitor and my energy is very strong. Feelable.
It just sounded like reiki because of hand healing and signs in the air, and when he said "turning on a few switches" that reminded me of what reiki does. and that he said the man could be trained to do the same type of work. Which reiki is easy to learn.
and then again it sounds like reiki when they say "the body is a projected image" and i was taught to think of the person as totally healed. To project an idea of health and balance. all that, and ive seen reiki take away physical pain very quickly.

But Besides when it comes to healing I think its all the same when you get to the core of whats happening, just different rituals and ways of administering the life force energy that is assumabley lacking in instances of illness or injury.
Old 23-05-2016, 03:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMagdaQueenofQueens
Reiki can go very very far in healing. I'm level one which was given to me through a video monitor and my energy is very strong. Feelable.
It just sounded like reiki because of hand healing and signs in the air, and when he said "turning on a few switches" that reminded me of what reiki does. and that he said the man could be trained to do the same type of work. Which reiki is easy to learn.
and then again it sounds like reiki when they say "the body is a projected image" and i was taught to think of the person as totally healed. To project an idea of health and balance. all that, and ive seen reiki take away physical pain very quickly.

But Besides when it comes to healing I think its all the same when you get to the core of whats happening, just different rituals and ways of administering the life force energy that is assumabley lacking in instances of illness or injury.

You cannot do a very deep healing with just learning reiki. Its up to who the healer is, if that healer has done a lot of soul development and opened things up. Sometimes they go through a spiritual awakening as a result.
Old 27-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Guide
I think your confused about the power of the holy spirit. Reiki is a catalyst that isn't meant to just "be learned" Reiki is a direct connection to all that is, and probably the most powerful thing on earth. And not just reiki, that goes for any type of "light work" or energy work, Filling yourself with Love is soul development. Realizing that you are a channel for "gods" love is very healing.
That being said, you have to work it to work it.
But saying reiki can not go far in healing is false.