Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 30-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Pathfinder

I agree with a lot of the advice here, especially with what was said by naturesflow. Being an empath means you have a tremendous gift to feel and know intuitively the energy of others - the positive and the negative. I sympathize with you greatly, as I have recently come to terms with my empathic abilities. As a child and teenager, it seemed like everyone was always coming to me for advice and help, even kids on the playground! Lol. My family has always felt extremely taxing to me, as they have consistently been exuding energy stemmed in negativity and hatred, while also expecting me to clean up the messes resulting from their behavior. As a result, I experienced deep depression and an eating disorder for most of my teenage life. I left for several years and started to learn what I was. I am now temporarily back and even though it has not been easy, I have found a way to come to terms with a few things.

1. I cannot change them. They do not seek healing, truth, or enlightenment. Anything I say only seems to become twisted in their hearts and minds to justify their hatred.

2. I don't need to change them. I can only help those who seek it. And even so, those I help must seek to grow and release their negativity on their own. I cannot change who does not want to change, and I do not need them to change in order for me to be happy and to live my truth.

3. I do not owe them ANYTHING. I love my family dearly, despite their many misgivings, but I do not HAVE to do anything. It is not my responsibility to clean up their messes, to mend their relationships, to "make everything better" again, just for them to continue living a life of negativity.

4. The best way to help those who do not wish to help themselves is to not do anything. Since I stopped helping my family fix their problems, their finances and social problems have gone downhill. But, my sister has finally been allowed to face a major wake-up call. She ended up in jail for a few days. If I had kept trying to help everyone, it would have been a great disservice to myself AND to her, because she would have never been afforded this opportunity to do well for herself; to make changes for the right reasons; to try and pursue her truth.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that being an empath is a gift and sometimes it's very hard to deal with, especially when those you care about expect you to sacrifice your own well being time and time again. But ultimately, having this gift doesn't mean that you owe anything to anyone. Your gift is yours to use when, where, and how you see fit. Your light may very well draw lots of people to you, many of which may be people with very negative energy. But you do not have to give pieces of your heart and soul to any of them.

Naturesflow is right - your priority NEEDS to be you. You can't be ready to help those who you choose to help, if you haven't taken care of yourself and worked out your own healing and learned to maintain your own space. In fact, many people you meet may need help with those EXACT things, and how can you tell them what to do if you haven't done it yourself?

Your gift is a great responsibility - to yourself. It is not selfish to care for yourself or to recognize when you need to place your needs above others. People are drawn to you for the light they see in you. You need to take care to establish peace and harmony within yourself, to keep practicing what you have learned of shielding, and to pick and choose your "battles".

It won't be easy. I know it's not for me and sometimes I catch myself absorbing their negative energy. So I take time to myself in nature or in meditation to release it. Ultimately I know that I have helped people with my gift, and I would like to continue doing that. But only for those who are really ready. And never, ever, at the expense of my own energetic and emotional well being. If I let others bring me down, how can I live my truth? It's hard sometimes knowing that I need to distance myself more and more from my family. But I know it's for the best. Maybe someday they will realize that racism, sexism, culturalism, and pretty much every other "-ism" is a waste of time and energy. But if they don't, that's ok. That is their journey. This is mine.

Peace & Light
Old 30-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Guide

Ahhh...InfiniteLight! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this, it really resonated with me. What you said that really stuck with me was about helping those who seek help, not trying to fix your family just to keep the peace and clean up their messes. Although our families have different issues, clearly they have relied on us too much and it has only taken away pieces of us in the end...never really fixing the issue. No matter who it is, it's hard when you know exactly how someone could be better, healthier, mentally stable if only they'd think of things your way, and so on...but they don't want to change and keep repeating the same behaviors. At least my mind is open enough to accept help and advice from others, because if something within me doesn't feel right, I need to be called out on it so I can reflect and change it. You've helped me so much just now...I really appreciate it!!
Old 19-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Deactivated Account

I use to be an empath, I still have those qualities but being an empath is very hard.Because sometimes you are not even dealing with your own emotions and that can be very exhausting trying to figure out if they are your emotions or others emotions. I also use to get confused because I can sense peoples emotions very well. For example a can tell a person is changing their emotion through mannerisms , energy and speaking. It's a drastic change to me and I can feel it like its a wave going over me and I'm drowning.So I try to make the situation better or sometimes I remove myself from the situation because its too much.Applying this in a love factor can be very bad, because even though you can feel and love very deeply. The other person I guarantee isn't there yet and you can pick off emotions and then tend to ruin it because you don't go with the flow , you go with the flow of emotions what you feel when that person feels.

I can feel when a person is lying to me so I call them out and it ends up being true ALWAYS.Its not a great thing , I thought it was great but I realize thats what I search for now.I can sense when people are annoyed with me so I try to talk it out.I am a huge talker so this can be taken in a negative space.

I always felt it was best to be with someone who understands you but then again nobody was really understanding me so I told myself to take control of all the parts that I didn't like about being an empath and learned how to balance myself out.I think I need a non empath to do this , the non empath will teach me balance and tell me I don't have to be so emotional over things. Like a car accident on tv or a dog dieing of old age.
Old 19-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Deactivated Account

I'm not saying being an empath isn't a beautiful thing but like with anything if we chose to let it take over us and be so emotional it can be damaging.