Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 28-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Master
I don't use sweetners at all if I have a cup of coffee which is like once a month I only use sugar but not as much as I used to. I can't wait until my clothes are hanging off me :)
Spiritlite.
Old 28-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Master
Sounds like a good diet.

You can make your own fruit juices, no problem.
I took a banana and orange yesterday, and made a juice..no sugar. It was heavenly..
Old 30-11-2010, 04:44 AM
kevinjones

Sometimes confused with the thirst for hunger. So you may end up eating extra calories when an ice-cold water glass is really what need.If want to lose weight for the wrong reasons, like many others before you, chances are that either your diet does not work or that you can put the weight back once the diet is over. Facilitate a more precise scale to maintain a positive attitude. Other successes is easy.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Master
Lots of really good advice :)
Just tailor individually to your constitution...

1 thing I've noticed...
Though women generally always have some earth (kapha) constitutionally (breasts & hips, LOL..)...as we come into ourselves spiritually, it seems Vata [air, spirit] gets more prominent...and it's very important to balance Vata in order to avoid physical problems.
With more Vata, you eat less, retain fewer pounds (good!), but you need more heat and good fats (within reason) in your diet. Vata imbalance is also commonly responsible for at least half of our major physical issues.
And it becomes more important to eat food that is nourishing and well absorbed.

Food for the New Age

Peace & blessings,
7OL
Old 06-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Master
7 can you explain more what that mean. I mean can we balance Vata with excercise or yoga? Anything else we can balance it with besides eating **** food? If that is what you are saying.
Spiritlite.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Though women generally always have some earth (kapha) constitutionally (breasts & hips, LOL..)...as we come into ourselves spiritually, it seems Vata [air, spirit] gets more prominent...and it's very important to balance Vata in order to avoid physical problems.
It can't get more pseudo-scientific than that. People shouldn't be locked up in magical thinking about body types etc. It's as much baloney as astrological signs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Food for the New Age
Yes, the pseudo-scientific, alternative, irrational, N.A.M. Good you admit.

What we need is not pseudoicism but healthy food!

We all have different bodies, and it can't be limited to three types..

Cheers.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Master
It's not limited to 3 types...LOL...I was keeping it *very* general. There are permutations and also many other considerations. Like any other categorisation, it's merely an organisational starting point for individual diagnosis and consideration. You can overlay many, many other diagnostic schemas and all can be valid and provide information and perspective.

I'm also not certain what you mean by magical (LOL). Are you speaking from experience? Or are your "roots" showing, LOL?

Just because a system isn't Western doesn't mean that they don't use their own version of the scientific method, gathering information and applying systemic reasoning (of their disciplines) in order to arrive at reproducible diagnoses and systemic methods of treatment.

Some of the Asian diagnostic approaches are more inductive, and work with the external signals and symptoms backward to their origins in the physical body...such as accupuncture and the chi network and pressure points, and more generally the diagnostic approach of traditional Chinese medicine. Others are more deductive, such as Ayurveda, starting from the formless One and emanating all the way down to the human physical level, with the paradigm that all physical symptoms have their root in imbalances in the spirit/mind/body biofeedback system. Nonetheless both overlap to a large degree in their holistic philosophy and approach and both are often very successful at diagnosing and treating many chronic and acute diseases.

We struggle with those same diseases in the West. Our ways are no better, just different and often more invasive and disrespectful of natural body chemistry. The Western approach excels in acute invasive treatment (if you need something cut off or cut out right now), and we shouldn't overreach ourselves in that regard, LOL...

peace/blessings,
7L
Old 06-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Master
I can't lose weight. I use to be able to but now I can't. I have gone a whole month twice this year without losing a pound and I cut my intake in half!
My heartrate is slow (55 BPM) and I assume my metabolism is.
I am somewhat of a nutritionist in regards to knowledge and experience with foods and losing weight so this has me annoyed.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Neeti_Shri

Thanks guyz!!

we can do it,white shaman,work twice as hard,Ive been there,feeling annoyed and frustrated. we are going to look as super as we used to be.I keep learning about food and nutrition but its loads of enthusiasm that's needed.believe me!!

I couldn't lose weight for a couple of years or more,but that was because i was just feeling like a walking dead person.But now I thought i will fight this problem.let's take the matter in our own hands and its war from now on!! ;-))

I have noticed that obese people either have a lot of hurt feelings,[in general people,dont start scolding me now],or feel low or depressed,or have gone through a lot of emotional problems and such negative stuff.now its time to show the negative stuff the finger and move on! I really mean it.not only to those who are overweight/obese,but to people,in general who feel low etc.

it's totally upto us.no one,not even god can help us.its our life,and we can make it as colourful,magical,fun and eventful as we want to. people like to be around smiling,fun and positive people.if you sulk,and feel down all the time,people will flee when they see you.this is my own experience.

we have to accept ourselves as we are,and start working on ourselves.we have to accept God's creation,[yeah,i know some people suck big time,and have terrible attitudes and all that] but accept all this and move on.

i know i can do this,and I daresay,anyone and everyone can lose excess weight.we will do it!! what say everyone?

tc,lots of love, and keep exercisin',meditatin',laughin',smilin',or whatever else it is you're doin'! it will be worth it in the end.

tata!!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetikamath
Thanks guyz!!

we can do it,white shaman,work twice as hard,Ive been there,feeling annoyed and frustrated. we are going to look as super as we used to be.I keep learning about food and nutrition but its loads of enthusiasm that's needed.believe me!!

I couldn't lose weight for a couple of years or more,but that was because i was just feeling like a walking dead person.But now I thought i will fight this problem.let's take the matter in our own hands and its war from now on!! ;-))

I have noticed that obese people either have a lot of hurt feelings,[in general people,dont start scolding me now],or feel low or depressed,or have gone through a lot of emotional problems and such negative stuff.now its time to show the negative stuff the finger and move on! I really mean it.not only to those who are overweight/obese,but to people,in general who feel low etc.

it's totally upto us.no one,not even god can help us.its our life,and we can make it as colourful,magical,fun and eventful as we want to. people like to be around smiling,fun and positive people.if you sulk,and feel down all the time,people will flee when they see you.this is my own experience.

we have to accept ourselves as we are,and start working on ourselves.we have to accept God's creation,[yeah,i know some people suck big time,and have terrible attitudes and all that] but accept all this and move on.

i know i can do this,and I daresay,anyone and everyone can lose excess weight.we will do it!! what say everyone?

tc,lots of love, and keep exercisin',meditatin',laughin',smilin',or whatever else it is you're doin'! it will be worth it in the end.

tata!!

You are making me tired just reading this.....

Does jogging to the refrigerator count as exercise?

Thanks for your motivation.....
James