Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 20-02-2013, 04:48 PM
maxmagician

DNA?

I read an article a while ago about a lab experiment on mice who were put into a sterile environment where all the trillions of microbes and bacteria that exist on and in a physical body were not permitted to grow. This had an interesting effect in that the mice grew all deformed. I was led to believe that the DNA was responsible for how a body is formed and shaped with all it's individual traits. There must be some connection between the two (DNA and microbes/bacteria). Maybe the microbes work for the DNA. This is what I intuited, not sure if it's correct or not. Any thoughts on the matter?
Old 22-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Pathfinder

That's interesting - Do you have the link to the article by any chance?
Old 22-02-2013, 11:41 AM
maxmagician

No unfortunately, I read it in a newspaper a year or two back. Tried a search but nothing yet. I'll post if I find anything.
Old 22-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Quagmire

Sure there is a connection. Some microbes/bacteria help to keep the body in balance while others create an imbalance manifested in different sicknesses and so. If a body does not have the right environment to keep balance then it becomes imbalanced which can be seen in manifested deformities. At least that is my understanding from what I know about the subject.
Old 22-02-2013, 02:18 PM
maxmagician

Sorry, I didn't clarify too well, was quite a while ago I read the article. The mice were bred in a sterile environment, so no bactreia or microbes could grow from inception. The mice were born deformed. I thought dna was solely responsible for how the body is formed but it seems not. I don't see how they could be part of our dna even though bacteria/microbes play a big part of our overall makeup. So they must be working for the dna or possibly in unison with each other.

BTW Maxmagician does not endorse cruelty to animals of any kind.
Old 22-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Quagmire

Yes I get that. But the DNA is a recipe and if you miss out on some core ingredients or basic tools to create the dish then the dish will not be complete. It is like baking a cake without and oven or flour, it might go well in an invironment where you can find something else to use instead (another way to do it), but in one where their is none you do not get a good end result.
Old 22-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Experiencer
Our bodies are made up of the elements of the earth. Included in th Earth's recipe are viruses, bacteria, parasites, germs...which reside in her belly and in our gut, our intestines to help us digest and absorb important nutrients. Without these the body would be severely out of balance.
The skin under a power microscope has millions of tiny mites that hungrily gobble up dead skin and oil. They especially love bacteria...and they're attached to hair follicles as well. They are our allies...they keep us healthy. See video Biology of Belief
Old 22-02-2013, 05:06 PM
maxmagician

Quote:
Yes I get that. But the DNA is a recipe and if you miss out on some core ingredients or basic tools to create the dish then the dish will not be complete. It is like baking a cake without and oven or flour, it might go well in an invironment where you can find something else to use instead (another way to do it), but in one where their is none you do not get a good end result.
Ok, so I think we're basically saying the same thing just in different words. If DNA is the recipe and bacteria the ingredients then there is some instruction. Similarly, if they're tools of the DNA then they would work for them.

Excellent song too, my friends father played on that track. Can't recall which instrument though.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 23-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Knower

I know that otherwise normal animals placed in a sterile environment will develop abnormalities, mainly in the stomach/intestines. Normally trillions of bacteria and microbes live here, they play a vital role in breaking down and digesting food and making vitamins, especially in herbivores. without these, the animal generally can't survive long, or if they do huge changes take place to try and compensate.
DNA is not everything, it is the blueprint for life. The blueprint must be read, understood and implemented to form a living creature, possibly it was these later stages that were messed up by the sterility.
Old 23-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Master
DNA, at it's essence like all things, is also,
"Frequency, Vibration, and Resonance."

Which is the basis of Sound, and Light, and Temperature.

Research has been done involving the upgrading of genetics, involving this...
------------------------------------------

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/dna/

A Time magazine article on Epigenics:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1952313,00.html

Edited by SF Staff

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein

Last edited by arive nan : 28-02-2013 at 08:47 PM.