Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 22-11-2010, 04:36 AM
Master
Cooking with a steamer...WOW

So we found a great unused steamer at the thrift store today. Electronic and all. So we bought it. And then got some great brown rice and frozen vegies. Now we both were very hesitant and were like oh man this is going to taste so bland. Now get this, two weeks ago i was watching an interview by Dr. Oz to Andrew Weil whom I deeply respect. And he said to cook your vegies in a steamer because it's the only way to keep all the nutrients in it that cooking would destroy.
Let me tell you the food was delicious. It needed no absolutely NO seasoning at all. It was healthy and light. So we've decided to do that about three to four times a week and the rest is protein.
We both will now for sure loose weight. Plus for about 15 dollars we have two nights of meals which is four meals total which is very cheap. About 3.50 for a healthy healthy meal.

Have any of you used a steamer or considered it?
Spiritlite.
Old 22-11-2010, 05:02 AM
Master
I've been steaming veggies and such for a long long time - it's the way I was taught way back when I was a little girl. And it's super yummy, I agree! You can steam fish too, keep that in mind. And if you start thinking that rice is bland or whatever, I like to chop up half an onion and add that while it's cooking, or add a tsp of a flavourful herb to the water.

Old 22-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Master
thanks for the tips I know you can steam fish and even it says meat and chicken but I'll have to figure out how.
Also the brown rice we got really needed no seasoning. Plus I've just looked up the health benefits of brown rice and WOW I was stunned at how good brown rice is for you....really really stunned.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Mystfied

I also have used my steamer for many years,wouldn't know what to do without it...I do my fish and chicken in it also ...Just add a bit of accent salt to flavor my meat....Don't over do your chicken or it will be tough.

Enjoy the benefits of steaming..check on line for some mouth watering recipes...
Old 22-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Master
Thanks Mystified.
Spiritlite.