Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 03-09-2011, 03:41 AM
Fujiwara Kaito

There Is Only One GOD

^ This is the claim of most religions. ^

The Abrahamic religions believe that god created the universe.
Pagan religions usually believe that god IS the universe / nature.
Scientists can explain it with the big bang.
The Hindu believe that all of there gods are a part of the universe.

It seems to be true: the common belief that there is only one god.
Could it be, that all gods are just another face of the same? I think so.
All that is = all that is! we are a part of it!

Maybe it is time we all look god in the face, by looking within ourselves.
Then can we see the beauty in ALL religion.
I believe we all agree and that we just don't know it.
I see all religion as pieces of a spiritual puzzle. - one we have yet to finish -
Old 21-02-2012, 04:15 AM
Seeker
Well put, Fujiwara Kaito.
I believe that there is one Creator, for lack of a better term, and believe that All-That-Is is Universe or Source: all my terms for the ever popular God, Allah, Jehova, etc.
The details maybe different, since many believe in karma and reincarnation while others believe you're judged after life and go to heaven or hell, but there are also others who would brew a potion or a remedy and another who would channell healing energy through their hands.
Whatever the details of your practice, I believe we all believe in the same Creator (although, I'm unsure what those with many Gods and Goddesses believe - sorry ).

I have never been one for dogma, which is partly why I have such a fondness for Buddhism, and I find my comfort in a lot of New Age Spirituality among other faiths and religions, but I've seen plenty of beauty in various religions.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
is a wonderful line from the Bible in Matthew: 7:7 . I think that's a great way of saying Source is always here for us, or in us.
"Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill,
An ye harm none, do as thou will."
are a couple of beautiful lines from the Wiccan Rede. I think this is a brilliant way of saying you have freedom in your practice, as long as you don't hurt anyone or anything: carry out your magic and wonders, but not at the expense of any.

These were just a couple of examples of the beauty that is in religeon. The main reason I am not fond of religion is because people can get caught up in it and lose their way. Other than that, aren't most or all based on love?

Love and Light

If you're going through hell, keep going..
Old 04-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Master
If one gets out of their egoic perception of things, which is related to the survival instinct of this limited organic aspect, one can see how Jesus confirmed the Far Eastern teachings of, "Maya". The illusory aspect of the material world.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-03-2012, 04:12 AM
Quintessence

Arguing about whether deity is many or one is missing the point, IMHO. It is like arguing about whether or not a woodland is a forest or a bunch of trees. It's both. It's neither. It depends entirely on your point of view and how you decide to map the territory.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:15 AM
Master
There isn't even one God, there is just what IS, to say that there is one God, is like saying that there must be, or could be more god's.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Master
There is one Oneness... which feels like God.

Xan

Old 05-03-2012, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
There is one Oneness... which feels like God.

Xan
Or there is Oneness...that is believed to be God.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:10 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiwara Kaito
^ This is the claim of most religions. ^

The Abrahamic religions believe that god created the universe.
Pagan religions usually believe that god IS the universe / nature.
Scientists can explain it with the big bang.
The Hindu believe that all of there gods are a part of the universe.

It seems to be true: the common belief that there is only one god.
Could it be, that all gods are just another face of the same? I think so.
All that is = all that is! we are a part of it!

Maybe it is time we all look god in the face, by looking within ourselves.
Then can we see the beauty in ALL religion.
I believe we all agree and that we just don't know it.
I see all religion as pieces of a spiritual puzzle. - one we have yet to finish -
I don't buy it.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiwara Kaito

Religions are beautiful because they're different expressions of humanity throughout history trying to understand the 'why'. We don't understand who we are or why we're here, so we try to figure it out. Sure religions have some similarities, because we're all humans.

Also they have differences, which is beautiful too because we're also very diverse. We often want everyone to be the same, but we should appreciate the diversity instead of saying all religions are the same or that they should unite. If everyone believed the same way it would be a boring world. Much like a hell.

Last edited by Seawolf : 05-03-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Religions are beautiful because they're different expressions of humanity throughout history trying to understand the 'why'. We don't understand who we are or why we're here, so we try to figure it out. Sure religions have some similarities, because we're all humans.

Also they have differences, which is beautiful too because we're also very diverse. We often want everyone to be the same, but we should appreciate the diversity instead of saying all religions are the same or that they should unite. If everyone believed the same way it would be a boring world. Much like a hell.
Agreed.

When one insists that all religions are inherently the same or that their differences are merely superficial, usually reveals that they lack any note worthy understanding of different customs and beliefs. They are all an expression of mankind's connection to the world and various things within it, whether it's a god or otherworld, or nature itself. But they differ in very sharp ways, and in learning about them, one learns about man's relationship to the world and himself, seeing the kaleidoscope of diversity that paints the canvas of our species.