Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-06-2020, 05:36 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Exodus 31:18 (New International Version) (NIV) reads"

"When the Lord finished speaking to Moses on Mount Sinai, he gave him the two tablets of the covenant law, the tablets of stone inscribed by the finger of God."

Exodus 32:15 re-emphasizes that point That scripture reads:

"Moses turned and went down the mountain with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands. They were inscribed on both sides, front and back. The tablets were the work of God; the writing was the writing of God, engraved on the tablets."

"They were inscribed on both sides" is rarely mentioned. Virtually everybody believes they were written only on one side of each tablet.

Moses destroyed those tablets when he saw that the Israelites had made a an idol of a golden calf.

God replaced the tablets as mentioned in Exodus 34:1. It reads:

"The Lord said to Moses, “Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones, and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke."

The words, "Ten Commandments", was never in the Bible. Those words were added later when descriptive titles and headings were given. Same is true for chapters and verses.

The "Ten Commandments" is part of the Law. The rest of the Law follows. The Law consisted of at least 613 separate laws.

bj what is your point by writing out the verses? what are you attempting to say and why
Old 27-06-2020, 05:37 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
YOU ARE SPOT ON!

bj I am not spot on-God is spot on as it is His word from the Bible
Old 27-06-2020, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
bj what is your point by writing out the verses? what are you attempting to say and why
I am sorry that I replied to your question in posit #11. I was attempting to say that it was God who wrote the "Ten Commandments".

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 27-06-2020, 07:54 AM
Master
Quote:
I am sorry that I replied to your question in posit #11. I was attempting to say that it was God who wrote the "Ten Commandments".

If you do a little research you will find that the Command-ments actually came from Egypt , Moses was a black Afrikan man who was born in ancient Kemet (Egypt) during the reign of Pharaoh Harembab. He brought the Ancient Rules with him and adapted them to suit...

The 42 Negative confessions became what is know today as the 10 Command-ments .....
Old 27-06-2020, 09:51 AM
Master
42 Negative Confessions"

I have not done iniquity.
I have not robbed with violence.
I have not stolen.
I have done no murder, I have done no harm.
I have not defrauded offerings.
I have not diminished obligations.
I have not plundered the Netcher.
I have not spoken lies.
I have not snatched away food.
I have not caused pain.
I have not committed fornication.
I have not caused shedding of tears.
I have not dealt deceitfully.
I have not transgressed.
I have not acted guilefully.
I have not laid wasted the ploughed land.
I have not been an eavesdropper.
I have not set my lips in motion (against any man).
I have not been angry and wrathful except for a just cause.
I have not defiled the wife of any man.
I have not defiled the wife of any man. (repeated twice)
I have not polluted myself.
I have not caused terror.
I have not transgressed. (repeated twice)
I have not burned with rage.
I have not stopped my ears against the words of Right and Truth (Ma'at)
I have not worked grief.
I have not acted with insolence.
I have not stirred up strife.
I have not judged hastily.
I have not been an eavesdropper. (repeated twice)
I have not multiplied words exceedingly.
I have not done neither harm nor ill.
I have never cursed the King.
I have never fouled the water.
I have not spoken scornfully.
I have never cursed the Netcher.
I have not stolen.
I have not defrauded the offerings of the Netcher.
I have not plundered the offerings of the blessed dead.
I have not filched the food of the infant, neither have I sinned against the Netcher of my native town.
I have not slaughtered with evil intent the cattle of the Netcher.

Then we have the Christian Command-ments, at the end of each one is shown the corresponding Kemetic Laws.

Iam the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (41)
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image...
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord they God in vain... (7, 37, 41)
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy...
Honor thy father and mother. (1, 12, 28)
Thou shalt not kill. (4)
Thou shalt not commit adultery. (11, 20, 21)
Thou shalt not steal. (2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 39, 40)
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. (8, 13, 18, 29)
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house or wife... (13, 20, 21, 29, 33)

There's nothing new under the sun As Moses was raised in Egypt he would have lived under these laws and could easily adapt them to fit into his new Culture.... clever Man.
Old 27-06-2020, 11:45 AM
Experiencer

bj-if you go back and re read post 11, you will see that is exactly what I said-ii8 was seeking clarification from dan sf
Old 27-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Master

Have you ever asked yourself why the word "good" appears? What I want to say? See: "the tree of knowledge of good and evil;

Did they not know good, when everything was good, the whole state of creation was, you know, perfect. I would understand the knowledge of evil, something that they had no idea about.

Is it not saying that they had no idea of good and evil through direct experience? Knowledge comes through direct experience, you know, through learning, you either discover something on your own or learn from what others have discovered, still, it's a direct experience.

Just saying.
Old 29-06-2020, 07:24 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Pegasus
dan ty for answering my question.

Thank you for reading my answers.

But you know, if you like to see how my beliefs differ from your, here, look (in refference to):
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Pegasus
Christ fulfilled the old covenant and by doing so He created a new covenant that all who believe that Chrtist died for our sin would be saved-if we confess and believe in Him as ourt Savior

There is a difference between time and Eternity. Humans are in time, God in eternity.
Time appears to be sequential.
In time, it seems as if that what you wrote has happened.

Eternity, is different. There is, what i would call, the Omega or the last Word of God, in charge. There, what could not happen, can not happen, and therefore the Continuation of life is granted.

For those, who live and believe in sequential time, the Omega appears to Resurrect.

Therefore our savior must be alive, although this must not mean that he is in a Human body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Did they not know good, when everything was good, the whole state of creation was, you know, perfect. I would understand the knowledge of evil, something that they had no idea about.

Yes, that was, what i was thinking too.

Once, here on SF in some other post, i wrote a parable. It describes what perfection, in comparison to Good vs/or Bad, is.
A whole different kind of thinking.

Quote:
There is a story about a Woman, which prayed to God to have a direct conversation with him.
Her wish was fulfilled and she was standing right in front of him.

She had some bad experiences, and wanted to know the answers to them. After a short introduction, God told her that she may speak now.

Here is what happened:

She: God, why are there People dying of diseases, why are there abuses and why are there wars ?

She was really expecting an Honest answer from Him, but god said:

God: I see Perfection.

Now she could not understand God. How can there be perfection in murder, death and sickness ?
And so, she insisted to have the answer to her Question:

She:(slightly irritated) How can you tell me that you see perfection in all of this ?

But God didn't respond to her question, looked again on the happenings and said

God: I see Perfection.

The woman insisted again and again, thousands of times, that there is sickness, death and murder, and wanted him to answer, but God said:

God: I see Perfection

Desperate, the woman even started to believe that God is not God, and was about to think that he might be the evil one, when an innocent child, of age 3, approached them.
So far he learned only to say mom, dad and recently, because he ate a ice cream, he learned to love it and said

Child: I see ice cream.

As soon as the child said it, an ice cream appeared in his hand, and so the child leaved them happily.

And God said, again: I see Perfection

Thanks for reading.
Old 30-06-2020, 01:09 AM
Experiencer

dan what your write in your latest post does not make any sense-what are you talking about? not sure I understand what you are saying but it doesn't matter bc I know what I believe what you write about is confusing
Old 30-06-2020, 01:11 PM
Master

when god wrote about good vs evil it was not about this being good or that being evil. It was about the process of considering that one thing may be good or another may be evil.

It is the process of thinking about it that gets us in trouble, not the actual state of any given thing or being.