Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-06-2020, 02:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
No need to put them to sleep, they are part of your nature. The trick is to come to terms with them, accept them as they are and integrate them into your personality.

im not talking about trying to do anything. nor am i saying what you may be doing is wrong. i know what your doing and agree. im just simply saying there is a dissolving of all this stuff. naturally occuring by the integration of bliss and silence in the system. sorta like making soup. over time what is put in dissolves into a broth.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 18-06-2020, 02:43 PM
JustASimpleGuy

“The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. And even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained." ~ Alexander Solzhenitsyn

From my perspective it's being aware of that line and in real-time. This doesn't dissolve the line or the subtle thoughts that arise from the subconscious from either side of the line, however it does present one with an opportunity to not act on the darker side of our genetic, biological and conditioned nature.

For me the tool to facilitate this end is choiceless awareness/do nothing meditation practice.
Old 18-06-2020, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
No need to put them to sleep, they are part of your nature. The trick is to come to terms with them, accept them as they are and integrate them into your personality.
Yah, yer demons (i.e. e-motion-al propensities) are already-existing aspects of yer Spiritual (i.e. Energy-etic) constellation. I endorse the idea of ''taming' and 'masterfully' 'channeling' them for purposes that you personally value.

Let me LOGICally here riff on the 'title' of this thread:

You (anyone) already have a degree of 'awareness', 'love', 'power' and 'relatedness' to others, hence you already are 'godly' simply by virtue of being an aspect of 'God'.

The question, implicit in the title of this thread, then is: do you wish to and, if you do, how might you deploy said 'awareness', 'love', 'power' and 'relatedness' to become more so, i.e. to become more 'godly'?

Some people are (several at least have declared so here) satisfied/content/comfort-able to just BE and DO, just experience and express, as they are already BEing and DOing. The above question and anything response to it this thread therefore does not apply in their case.

In the case of anyone who has a 'itch' to 'create' (i.e. to experience and express) something more/different, there are two choices (which are non-exclusive of each other):

One is to grow/develop (mature?) in ways which lead to their becoming 'more' aware, loving (i.e. appreciative and caring), powerful (i.e. capable and adept) and relationally engaged themselves.

The other is to choose/learn to contribute in ways which lead to others becoming 'more' so.

It strikes me that either choice if focused on to the exlusion of the other must and so will result in a less than optimal (i.e. energetically/spiritually unbalanced) outcome, if persisted in, ultimately, to some kind of disaster. Why? Because none of us is an existentially separate 'godly entity.

Anyone here disagree with this LOGiC?
Old 19-06-2020, 01:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Yah, yer demons (i.e. e-motion-al propensities) are already-existing aspects of yer Spiritual (i.e. Energy-etic) constellation. I endorse the idea of ''taming' and 'masterfully' 'channeling' them for purposes that you personally value.

Let me LOGICally here riff on the 'title' of this thread:

You (anyone) already have a degree of 'awareness', 'love', 'power' and 'relatedness' to others, hence you already are 'godly' simply by virtue of being an aspect of 'God'.

The question, implicit in the title of this thread, then is: do you wish to and, if you do, how might you deploy said 'awareness', 'love', 'power' and 'relatedness' to become more so, i.e. to become more 'godly'?

Some people are (several at least have declared so here) satisfied/content/comfort-able to just BE and DO, just experience and express, as they are already BEing and DOing. The above question and anything response to it this thread therefore does not apply in their case.

In the case of anyone who has a 'itch' to 'create' (i.e. to experience and express) something more/different, there are two choices (which are non-exclusive of each other):

One is to grow/develop (mature?) in ways which lead to their becoming 'more' aware, loving (i.e. appreciative and caring), powerful (i.e. capable and adept) and relationally engaged themselves.

The other is to choose/learn to contribute in ways which lead to others becoming 'more' so.

It strikes me that either choice if focused on to the exlusion of the other must and so will result in a less than optimal (i.e. energetically/spiritually unbalanced) outcome, if persisted in, ultimately, to some kind of disaster. Why? Because none of us is an existentially separate 'godly entity.

Anyone here disagree with this LOGiC?

you sound like you have mellowed out a bit. or perhaps comments i read of yours were by chance a little more colorful.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 21-06-2020, 06:08 AM
Master

dualities

Quote:
In my spiritual practice I have been moving towards becoming a God, which was oftentime a painful and challenging process. Last night, whilst meditating, I had a major realisation.

I have been struggling with my dark side for the longest time. Like most people, I have been trying to deny it, suppress it. I did not want to acknowledge my evil, destructive side, thinking it is necessary to be „good” in the traditional sense to achieve godhood. Since this is the message RHP religions constantly project, it is an understandable misconception.

The breakthrough was triggered by my brief exposure to images of spiritual alchemy and the balancing of dualities, which I only glanced at briefly as I was looking for material to read. However, that brief glance triggered a deep realisation in me on how I have been suppressing an entire side to me, that is crucial and the only way to achieve balance.

I now realise that becoming a God isn’t about good and evil, but about free will transcending such arbitrary categorisations, about rising beyond the traditional realisations regarding the true nature of things. All Gods have a light and dark side, that is the only way to keep balance in the universe. Creation and destruction must act in unison and in balance.

Shiva is perhaps the best manifestation of that principle. He is the destroyer, but also the god of fertility, rejuvenation and rebirth. One cannot exist without the other. A Lioness is ultimate evil to the antelope she is eating alive, but the personification of goodness and benevolence to her cubs, who depend on her for sustenance and protection.

You cannot protect those you love, if you are weak. You must be a fierce warrior on the one hand, to have the ability to be a benevolent protector and nourisher on the other. Another good example of this is Inanna-Ishtar, the Goddess I chiefly work with. She is Goddess of War and Love, expressing this very duality.

So, I have now come to terms with my dual nature and as I grew to accept the Truth, it was like a dam broke and energy centres I barely knew existed went into overdrive in my body and I felt the most incredible surge of energy in me, which I can only compare to being hit by lightning. As that energy was surging through me, I felt incredibly powerful, like a God and realised that I have no limitations, I can do whatever I want, because the normal dualistic rules no longer applied.

I fused my dualities, the opposing forces that were previously fighting for dominance in me and became Non-Dual. I came to realise, that the main reason we are weak (as opposed to the Gods) is due to our dualistic nature. Most of our energies are taken up by this constant fight and struggle for dominance between our opposing natures, like male-female, good-evil, light-dark, solar-lunar, etc…

However, we are in error, when we allow that to happen, in Truth, we must harness both our sides, transmute them and fuse them into one, which is what spiritual Alchemy is all about. When both our sides work in unison, in synthesis, we not only double our personal power, in truth we grow it by orders of magnitude, because most of it was taken up by pointless infighting in any case, cancelling out the vast majority of it and making only* a tiny portion available to achieve our purpose.

It is liberating to know that our path is what we make of it, nothing is chosen for us in advance, except what we agree on beforehand, prior to our incarnation in this form. We are all potential Gods, but suppress our true nature through pointless duality of being and purpose.

I have also come to realise something I read about Kundalini Awakening in Gopi Krishna’s books a while ago. He described his enlightenment and transformation into a higher-being, a god-man, one that lives in Heaven all the time and walks with the Gods. I didn’t quite get what he meant by no longer having dual energies (as a man, his masculine-solar side was overactive initially, causing unbearable heat and much suffering in him), but only One type of energy, a fusion of opposites, where there was no longer any dualistic distinction. This fusion of dualities is also present in Inanna’s worship as she was known to merge male and female in a person and there are several depictions of it in Hinduism, where Shiva and Shakti symbolically become one being.
Interesting. Keeping balance / fusion in dualities is important.How do u channelise the surge in energies. What this surge does.
Old 21-06-2020, 03:14 PM
Master
Quote:
In my spiritual practice I have been moving towards becoming a God, which was oftentime a painful and challenging process. Last night, whilst meditating, I had a major realisation.

I have been struggling with my dark side for the longest time. Like most people, I have been trying to deny it, suppress it. I did not want to acknowledge my evil, destructive side, thinking it is necessary to be „good” in the traditional sense to achieve godhood. Since this is the message RHP religions constantly project, it is an understandable misconception.

The breakthrough was triggered by my brief exposure to images of spiritual alchemy and the balancing of dualities, which I only glanced at briefly as I was looking for material to read. However, that brief glance triggered a deep realisation in me on how I have been suppressing an entire side to me, that is crucial and the only way to achieve balance.

I now realise that becoming a God isn’t about good and evil, but about free will transcending such arbitrary categorisations, about rising beyond the traditional realisations regarding the true nature of things. All Gods have a light and dark side, that is the only way to keep balance in the universe. Creation and destruction must act in unison and in balance.

Shiva is perhaps the best manifestation of that principle. He is the destroyer, but also the god of fertility, rejuvenation and rebirth. One cannot exist without the other. A Lioness is ultimate evil to the antelope she is eating alive, but the personification of goodness and benevolence to her cubs, who depend on her for sustenance and protection.

You cannot protect those you love, if you are weak. You must be a fierce warrior on the one hand, to have the ability to be a benevolent protector and nourisher on the other. Another good example of this is Inanna-Ishtar, the Goddess I chiefly work with. She is Goddess of War and Love, expressing this very duality.

So, I have now come to terms with my dual nature and as I grew to accept the Truth, it was like a dam broke and energy centres I barely knew existed went into overdrive in my body and I felt the most incredible surge of energy in me, which I can only compare to being hit by lightning. As that energy was surging through me, I felt incredibly powerful, like a God and realised that I have no limitations, I can do whatever I want, because the normal dualistic rules no longer applied.

I fused my dualities, the opposing forces that were previously fighting for dominance in me and became Non-Dual. I came to realise, that the main reason we are weak (as opposed to the Gods) is due to our dualistic nature. Most of our energies are taken up by this constant fight and struggle for dominance between our opposing natures, like male-female, good-evil, light-dark, solar-lunar, etc…

However, we are in error, when we allow that to happen, in Truth, we must harness both our sides, transmute them and fuse them into one, which is what spiritual Alchemy is all about. When both our sides work in unison, in synthesis, we not only double our personal power, in truth we grow it by orders of magnitude, because most of it was taken up by pointless infighting in any case, cancelling out the vast majority of it and making only* a tiny portion available to achieve our purpose.

It is liberating to know that our path is what we make of it, nothing is chosen for us in advance, except what we agree on beforehand, prior to our incarnation in this form. We are all potential Gods, but suppress our true nature through pointless duality of being and purpose.

I have also come to realise something I read about Kundalini Awakening in Gopi Krishna’s books a while ago. He described his enlightenment and transformation into a higher-being, a god-man, one that lives in Heaven all the time and walks with the Gods. I didn’t quite get what he meant by no longer having dual energies (as a man, his masculine-solar side was overactive initially, causing unbearable heat and much suffering in him), but only One type of energy, a fusion of opposites, where there was no longer any dualistic distinction. This fusion of dualities is also present in Inanna’s worship as she was known to merge male and female in a person and there are several depictions of it in Hinduism, where Shiva and Shakti symbolically become one being.
My 'challenge' to your choice of screen-name aside, just so you don't miss-understand my intent, I wish to say that I 'hear', 'resonantly' align with, and say 'YES' to your expression here, fellow-being!
Old 21-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
My 'challenge' to your choice of screen-name aside, just so you don't miss-understand my intent, I wish to say that I 'hear', 'resonantly' align with, and say 'YES' to your expression here, fellow-being!

Thanks David,

Your message is much appreciated!
Old 21-06-2020, 04:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Interesting. Keeping balance / fusion in dualities is important.How do u channelise the surge in energies. What this surge does.

I haven't quite figured that part out yet, the point being that you can pretty much do whatever you want with it, whatever the intent.
Old 21-06-2020, 06:12 PM
Pathfinder
To be a god one must first become an immortal, like an ascended master (sounds like *** ended master). Then the missing ingredient is popularity. Some immortals are higher than, and can not even be seen by, gods, because they reject popularity.
Old 21-06-2020, 07:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starjumper7
To be a god one must first become an immortal, like an ascended master (sounds like *** ended master). Then the missing ingredient is popularity. Some immortals are higher than, and can not even be seen by, gods, because they reject popularity.

Yes, indeed, that is basically what gods are, ascended masters.

It is just the Theosophist's way of looking at things and relating to higher beings. If I recall, various gods are considered to be among the ascended masters, but accounts vary.

In Hinduism, gods are actually titles rather than personal names. A soul can gain the stature of a god through good works and spiritual practice.