Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-06-2020, 01:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
And since ...
I can't figure if you're kidding or you're serious. (?)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I can't figure if you're kidding or you're serious. (?)
Really, i can assure you that i am indeed very serious.
Surely in the past you have read some of my posts. They all refer to to the same kind of subject matter.

Subject matter & understandings of & from my experiences.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Really, i can assure you that i am indeed very serious.
Surely in the past you have read some of my posts. They all refer to to the same kind of subject matter.

Subject matter & understandings of & from my experiences.
Probably I read, but I forgot. Thanks.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Everything should be interpreted in the historical context (we tend this days more toward

Invalan,

There are different schools of thought on this. Personally I do not really care too much about reading history. It leads to very literal understanding and takes away the fascination and desire to see the relevance it has for our day and age.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:32 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoViolet
As someone who had been in a religion, I can say this about the Bible -- that it usually means what it means because the whole bible passage is linked with events that related to one another. This is, when you look at the scripture as a whole instead of picking on parts and quotes to turn the Bible around like others did solely for arguements and to their favor, which other religions did in the past to form a newer religion. That's pretty much the only way it can be understood. The words, most of the time, will speak for itself.
I know that there are many good passages in the bible, I did mention the liberation of Moises people, but is hard to ignore those verses that talk about accepting slavery. Since I have not read the all bible I don't know if there is a deeper explanation that ends up saying that slavery is not ok, thats why I came here for answers before I make my conclusions. If there is not an explanation it is very hard to follow a religion that its sacred book says it that slavery is OK.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchalla
I know that there are many good passages in the bible, I did mention the liberation of Moises people, but is hard to ignore those verses that talk about accepting slavery. Since I have not read the all bible I don't know if there is a deeper explanation that ends up saying that slavery is not ok, thats why I came here for answers before I make my conclusions. If there is not an explanation it is very hard to follow a religion that its sacred book says it that slavery is OK.
You mention the liberation of Moses' people. How did Moses' people end up in Egypt? Their land had been hit with a plague. The Hebrews would have starved to death if it was not for the Egyptians generosity.

Moses was told to return to Egypt and bring his people back to their land. Pharaoh did not like that idea. God made it possible so that the people could leave Egypt.

As for slavery in the Bible:
None of the contemporary religions of that time had a progressive view on slavery as the Jews had. That progressive stance is where we get the basis of today's bankruptcy laws.

For a Jew, to be a free man was something everybody desired. Today, how many people can claim they are a free man? How many slave for a master? How many have to pay each month to the master for the privilege to have a home, a car, etc.? In many cases, slavery is more prevalent then it has ever been in the past. The problem is we just do not 'see' it.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-06-2020, 02:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You mention the liberation of Moses' people. How did Moses' people end up in Egypt? Their land had been hit with a plague. The Hebrews would have starved to death if it was not for the Egyptians generosity.

Moses was told to return to Egypt and bring his people back to their land. Pharaoh did not like that idea. God made it possible so that the people could leave Egypt.

As for slavery in the Bible:
None of the contemporary religions of that time had a progressive view on slavery as the Jews had. That progressive stance is where we get the basis of today's bankruptcy laws.

For a Jew, to be a free man was something everybody desired. Today, how many people can claim they are a free man? How many slave for a master? How many have to pay each month to the master for the privilege to have a home, a car, etc.? In many cases, slavery is more prevalent then it has ever been in the past. The problem is we just do not 'see' it.

You are right, slavery now is a global thing.. the slavery thing in the bible is the answer the Jews wanted to some situations that they were experiencing.. It is their own personal solution, God could tell them, you are all brothers and sisters, love one another, do you think they would have been able to understand? No... Jesus came and told them this and he was murdered. This is not God's solution, it was their solution, just in the same way Jesus made it clear that not eye for eye is God's law, but love one another is.

At least this is my opinion.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
You are right, slavery now is a global thing.. the slavery thing in the bible is the answer the Jews wanted to some situations that they were experiencing.. It is their own personal solution, God could tell them, you are all brothers and sisters, love one another, do you think they would have been able to understand? No... Jesus came and told them this and he was murdered. This is not God's solution, it was their solution, just in the same way Jesus made it clear that not eye for eye is God's law, but love one another is.

At least this is my opinion.
That sermon depends on the historical context. It depends on what you include in "all".

I can tell you that there is consciousness in a grass blade too, in a chicken and a cow, in everything. Would you kill a weed? Maybe in 3000 years that will be an abomination.

We can't judge people outside the historical context. It is neither fair, no useful. It starts to look like Orwell's "1984".

Most people talk about "love", without knowing what they're talking about, and without doing what they preach.
Old 09-06-2020, 09:27 PM
Master

Quote:
That sermon depends on the historical context. It depends on what you include in "all".

I can tell you that there is consciousness in a grass blade too, in a chicken and a cow, in everything. Would you kill a weed? Maybe in 3000 years that will be an abomination.

We can't judge people outside the historical context. It is neither fair, no useful. It starts to look like Orwell's "1984".

Most people talk about "love", without knowing what they're talking about, and without doing what they preach.

Do you think Jesus was referring to some people? I think He was referring to all.. to have love for all.. If you love only those who love you, what reward do you expect?

I could tell you that the grass has no consciousness of itself, the grass is a manifestation of consciousness. I could tell you that the body has no consciousness of itself, the body is a manifestation of consciousness.. but this is all just noise, food for thought.
Old 09-06-2020, 09:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Do you think Jesus was referring to some people? I think He was referring to all.. to have love for all.. If you love only those who love you, what reward do you expect?

I could tell you that the grass has no consciousness of itself, the grass is a manifestation of consciousness. I could tell you that the body has no consciousness of itself, the body is a manifestation of consciousness.. but this is all just noise, food for thought.
I don't subscribe to your beliefs expressed in this post. None of them. But it's okay.