Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-06-2020, 07:27 AM
Greenslade

[quote=Intuire]Being dropped in the middle of a battlefield with no idea of what the mission was seems like a good description. But even if you're right about me (us all) being an old soul, what does it mean? What should I do with that information? I partially relate to the concept. Sometimes I feel ancient, but other times like a child that never completely grew up. So I don't know. As for the swallows (cute ), do you also have a special connection with birds? What is it with birds and spirituality, are they connected in some way to a spiritual world? We're not all Old Souls but that doesn't mean older is better, it's just the context in which the Soul has decided to experience reality. What you do with that information is up to you, but if you Google it then you might gain a few insights.

I have a special connection to the swallows in my neighbourhood after having built up a relationship with one. Long story. They just fascinate me and I have an affinity with swallows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuire
This does make sense in my case as well. I wasn't a planned child, and I did wonder in the past whether that could also have something to do with me always feeling as an outcast. I'm glad you didn't act on that impulse then. (:
It's likely that it did affect you in that way and that you're still feeling the effects in your adult Life. It's surprising how much of our childhood perceptual reality we're dealing with today?

Quote:
Have I met you in some role in any of my previous lives? And what is the purpose of resolving things if this whole process is eternal and keeps going back and forth? Does the brain wiring story you mention relate to aliens/Atlanteans/humans concept we already mentioned? Who gets to decide about this? And why is it that some of us simply live, and others have the need to travel inwards and explore? Those of us who do 'travel inwards', aren't we doing it all wrong? Isn't the whole purpose of life to actually live it? I spent a lot of my life thinking an average person is a bit superficial while I'm not, but it seems to me now I was simply afraid of the life itself. :I
As far as I'm aware we've never met in a Past Life but that doesn't mean we haven't.

The purpose of resolving things is to bring this particular chapter to a close and give me a clean slate for the next one, simply. Unresolved issues means more karma, which in turn means reincarnation. I'm done here.
You know you've arrived when you see the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Quote:
I posted the video to show you that woman's Pleiadian 'vibe' , the content itself is irrelevant..Sorry, I sometimes forget people can't read my mind..I run into that video by searching more on Mt. Shasta btw.

And yeah, I think you're right about me looking for a place to belong with this whole Pleiadian thing. I've done this my whole life.

I'll come back to comment on the links and Davidsun's chapter when I catch more time, I'm sorry for the late response. :)
We're all looking for a place to belong until we realise that we belong everywhere.
Old 17-06-2020, 10:44 AM
Pathfinder

Is this the paragraph from chapter 2 you were referencing, Davidsun? :)

Quote:
All of us are now facing ‘make or break’ (in terms of ongoing souldevelopment) choices in the above regards, as anyone who even halfway
appreciates such matters can readily see. We live at a time of intensifying
trial and tribulation in the context of an all-encompassing systemic
socio-ecological recalibration process wherein, having received and
positively responded to a fair amount of Love and Joy support and
stimulation when and where things in general were still going along fairly
well, some souls are blossoming, blooming, fructifying and going to seed in
spectacular fashion, thereby instrumentally setting the stage for the next
round of planetary Love and Joy developments, while others (who may be
thought of as being relative newbies in terms of experiencing and responding
to the inner urge for spiritual ‘ ascension’, which is perhaps a Cosmic ‘call’
from their ‘future’) are more or less just managing to keep the ‘door’ to
‘higher’ post-incarnational and reincarnational Love and Joy development
‘open’ by conscientiously resisting and rejecting the centripetal pull of
selfishness and steadfastly persisting in Love and Joy embracingly relating
to contiguous others and Life-at-Large, self-transcendentally serving to
optimize and augment Life’s Love and Joy Flow in and around them in the
process, to whatever extent they may have the wherewithal to do so. This,
despite whatever personal loss and hardship they may have experienced or
continue to experience, even if, when and as they are unconscionably
abandoned, exploited and/or abused by others who have been so seduced by
the temptations of selfishness that they just seek to gratify their own
immediate desires without regard for the Love and Joy experience and
expression of neighboring or future others.
Hence the wisdom of the advice, to anyone capable of grasping its full
significance, contained in: “Ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see
that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is
not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers
places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall…many be
offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And
many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity
shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure [by
keeping on keeping on being loving in relation to Life’s Flow and others in
it!] unto the end, the same shall be saved.” (Matthew 24:6-13); the implication
here clearly also being that those who don’t ‘endure’ (so) won’t be ‘saved’
in this regard. ‘Saved’, as used here, meaning psychospiritually sustained
and retained as soulful components of Life’s Flow despite the complete
reshuffling of all of the physiosocial ‘cards’ in Life’s worldly ‘deck’ taking
place as a historically ‘old’ Way of Life ‘dies’, i.e disintegrates, in stages
and a ‘new’ one, in fits and starts, is constitutionally ‘born’.

Here are a couple of more paragraphs that I found relatable for my current situation:

Quote:
It is one’s selfishness which must be subordinated – in other
words, one has to devotionally ‘give’ and, therefore, in that sense ‘lose’,
one’s self, in service of said time-space-and-matter-transcending Life – if
one is to soulfully splice into and dovetail one’s existential expression
with our Entity’s (i.e. with Christ’s) Being-n-Doing and live on as a
functionally integrated aspect thereof thereafter.

Quote:
Because of emotional desires (stemming
from ego-insecurity based needs) to be ‘accepted’ and ‘embraced’ by an
established group, instead of critically thinking about and, when and where
appropriate, challenging and refusing to go along with theological assertions
that are at odds with what Jesus himself thought and said in said regard, rank
and file ‘Christians’ historically just subscribed to and loyally embraced
whatever the most politically dominant ‘figureheads’ of the organizational
entourage of their denominations chose to doctrinally proscribe and teach.

Quote:
What this means is that, analogous to the way it takes many years of
‘schooling’ wherein initially ignorant and unskilled novices are tasked with
learning and given the opportunity to master increasingly complex ‘lessons’
and thereby, upon ‘passing’ greater adeptitude-demanding ‘tests’, progress
through a series of ‘grade’ levels to the point where they finally ‘graduate’
from vocational training programs and schools of knowledge, it takes
numerous physical lifetimes for ‘young’ souls to become masterfully adept
at deploying their ‘inner’ Love and Joy ‘program’ in relation to Life and
others in it in the context of the infinite psychospiritual possibility
containing ‘stream’ of sometimes mind-n-spirit sparking opportunities and
sometimes mind-n-spirit daunting challenges that are encountered in the
course of living in a matrixially multi-layered, complexly interwoven
physiosocial system such as ours.

I truly can't tell whether I'm a novice or an old soul. A bit of both..

I did not go through all of it, but I did find some interesting and relatable thoughts, thank you for sharing your treatise. :)
Old 17-06-2020, 11:01 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
We're not all Old Souls but that doesn't mean older is better, it's just the context in which the Soul has decided to experience reality. What you do with that information is up to you, but if you Google it then you might gain a few insights.

I have a special connection to the swallows in my neighbourhood after having built up a relationship with one. Long story. They just fascinate me and I have an affinity with swallows.

I didn't mean all humans, but all of us here in this forum perhaps. I'm drawn to birds as well, before the awakening I kept seeing a lovely white dove outside my window, and I had a hurt pigeon living in my balcony for a couple of days until it got better and flew away. No swallows unfortunately (I live in a city..).

Quote:
As far as I'm aware we've never met in a Past Life but that doesn't mean we haven't.

The purpose of resolving things is to bring this particular chapter to a close and give me a clean slate for the next one, simply. Unresolved issues means more karma, which in turn means reincarnation. I'm done here.
You know you've arrived when you see the extraordinary in the ordinary.

I've had the feeling that a lot of people I've encountered in the past couple of months (mostly online) have been in some way related to my spiritual path, so I had to ask. One woman in particular that I just met asked me 'Do I know you from somewhere'. Though I might be under the influence of what we talked about here, and so now I'm expecting to meet people from previous lives. Seeing the extraordinary in the ordinary sounds like a good guideline. For me it's an occasional but not yet a permanent state of mind. I switch from depression to seeing beauty in everything.

Quote:
We're all looking for a place to belong until we realise that we belong everywhere.

Hope you're right.
I still have Graham Hancock to check out and comment, I'll come back to it.
Old 17-06-2020, 02:12 PM
Master
Cool (meaning very relatable to) ramblings, GS.

Re: "We're all looking for a place to belong until we realise that we belong everywhere," I get what I think you intended to convey by that, but wanted to say it differently, to with: "We all belong where we are, which is in the midst of everywhere."
Old 17-06-2020, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Is this the paragraph from chapter 2 you were referencing, Davidsun? :)
If my memory serves me right, I referenced Chapter 2 itself as 'explaining' the kind of Book of Revelation scenario that is presently unfolding.

Quote:
Here are a couple of more paragraphs that I found relatable for my current situation:
Your saying that warms my heart - every author enjoy feeling that his 'work' (play?) was worthwhile..

Quote:
I did not go through all of it, but I did find some interesting and relatable thoughts, thank you for sharing your treatise. :)

P.S. The things you say about yourself suggest that you may be what Michael Newton claissfied as an 'intermediate' soul in his books. I'd say yu are a fairly 'advanced' one, at least a cleary 'advancing' one, myself. It is a matter of maturity, old/young in terms of numbers and time0span of incarnations, has little if anything to do with that, I think. (There are plenty of 'old' 'farts', in other words!
Old 19-06-2020, 05:34 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I didn't mean all humans, but all of us here in this forum perhaps. I'm drawn to birds as well, before the awakening I kept seeing a lovely white dove outside my window, and I had a hurt pigeon living in my balcony for a couple of days until it got better and flew away. No swallows unfortunately (I live in a city..).
Surprisingly there are few Old Souls on this forum, The Spirituality of an Old Soul is often different to that of other Souls.

I wouldn't have thought there would be too many insects flying around in a big city, so fewer swallows I guess. But being drawn to birds tells you something.

Quote:
I've had the feeling that a lot of people I've encountered in the past couple of months (mostly online) have been in some way related to my spiritual path, so I had to ask. One woman in particular that I just met asked me 'Do I know you from somewhere'. Though I might be under the influence of what we talked about here, and so now I'm expecting to meet people from previous lives. Seeing the extraordinary in the ordinary sounds like a good guideline. For me it's an occasional but not yet a permanent state of mind. I switch from depression to seeing beauty in everything.
We are incarnated with Soul Groups so it's not surprising to find people you might think you've been in Past Lives with before, I'd be surprised if you didn't but often that's about perception. What's happening in here could also be under the influence of what's out there in your Life, or maybe it's all to do with where you're at.

At least you can see some extraordinary in the ordinary. I hope you're doing something about the depression, my wife's daughter has that and it's not a good place to be sometimes.

Quote:
Hope you're right.
I still have Graham Hancock to check out and comment, I'll come back to it.
It's all about finding that p;lace within ourselves, but sometimes to find where it is we have to find out where it's not and that's the fun part.
Old 19-06-2020, 05:36 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Cool (meaning very relatable to) ramblings, GS.

Re: "We're all looking for a place to belong until we realise that we belong everywhere," I get what I think you intended to convey by that, but wanted to say it differently, to with: "We all belong where we are, which is in the midst of everywhere."
Thank you

Everywhere is, David, and it's OK to have different perspectives on where 'here' or 'there' are - even if they're the same place.
Old 20-06-2020, 01:21 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Your saying that warms my heart - every author enjoy feeling that his 'work' (play?) was worthwhile..

It was, thank you for sharing it. :) Did the writing of this book happen as a result of your spiritual awakening?

Quote:
P.S. The things you say about yourself suggest that you may be what Michael Newton claissfied as an 'intermediate' soul in his books. I'd say yu are a fairly 'advanced' one, at least a cleary 'advancing' one, myself. It is a matter of maturity, old/young in terms of numbers and time0span of incarnations, has little if anything to do with that, I think. (There are plenty of 'old' 'farts', in other words!

I wouldn't mind being an old soul, but I also feel there is too much I still don't know, so perhaps 'intermediate' is more precise term. i have 0 answers and one million questions to life. Michael Newton's book is a fascinating read (I didn't read the whole book, only parts), it seems too specific not to be real. And the stories seem to match with each other. Have you ever tried regression and if you have, what happened?
Old 20-06-2020, 01:31 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Surprisingly there are few Old Souls on this forum, The Spirituality of an Old Soul is often different to that of other Souls.

I wouldn't have thought there would be too many insects flying around in a big city, so fewer swallows I guess. But being drawn to birds tells you something.

We are incarnated with Soul Groups so it's not surprising to find people you might think you've been in Past Lives with before, I'd be surprised if you didn't but often that's about perception. What's happening in here could also be under the influence of what's out there in your Life, or maybe it's all to do with where you're at.

At least you can see some extraordinary in the ordinary. I hope you're doing something about the depression, my wife's daughter has that and it's not a good place to be sometimes.

It's all about finding that p;lace within ourselves, but sometimes to find where it is we have to find out where it's not and that's the fun part.

How is the spirituality of an old soul different to that of other souls?
I'm not sure I ever saw a swallow around here, outside the city I have. There are pigeons and sparrows and crows and a couple of river seagulls here though. What does being drawn to birds tell me?

As for the soul group, I've probably met a couple of them already. What I meant was people from my past lives significant for my spiritual path. The people I've encountered after the awakening are a bit different from the people I was meeting before the awakening. They seem more aligned with my own path.

The depression is no longer that big of an issue, but it used to be before the awakening. I don't really know the difference between the dark night of the soul and depression, and whether I had one or the other, or both. But it seems to be clearing out as time goes by, it's no longer a permanent state but more of an occassional phase. Could your wife's daughter be in a dark night of the soul phase? I hope she gets better. :)
Old 20-06-2020, 02:18 PM
Master
Quote:
It was, thank you for sharing it. :) Did the writing of this book happen as a result of your spiritual awakening?
No, my writing 'happened' and continues to 'happen' because I desired/desire and intended/intend and devoted/deoteto do all that I can to improve 'the human condition', which my 'condition' is embedded in. My ongoing/ongrowing 'spiritual awakening', such as it is, was/is just a 'side-effect' of this. “Whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life*for my (i.e. cap L Life's) sake shall find it." yada, yada.

Quote:
I didn't read the whole book, only parts, it seems too specific not to be real. And the stories seem to match with each other. Have you ever tried regression and if you have, what happened?
No, I found the 'orientation' provided by these and other books (among others) enough for me to find my 'own' way, as stated above. I probably would have sought out a regression therapist (many are listed at the Newton Institute website) if I had a 'nut' I found I couldn't 'crack'.