Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 13-07-2020, 05:03 PM
Altair Altair is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,025
  Altair's Avatar
My perspective is that 'God' is necessarily perfect and infallible, and as human beings are not, they are therefore not 'God' or gods. If humans are then they are very fickle 'gods' to the point 'god' becomes a meaningless title! We all grow up in a certain culture and from what I recall you grew up in India or are half-Hindu, so this has influenced your beliefs and perspective here and perhaps why you want to believe that humans are (potential) gods. That's alien to me. I don't accept other human beings as gods or as ''enlightened'' men. My perspective is only perceived as 'negative' according to yours, but from my perspective yours is one of vanity.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 13-07-2020, 06:23 PM
davidsun davidsun is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arizona, U.S.A
Posts: 3,546
  davidsun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
My perspective is that 'God' is necessarily perfect and infallible, and as human beings are not, they are therefore not 'God' or gods. If humans are then they are very fickle 'gods' to the point 'god' becomes a meaningless title! We all grow up in a certain culture and from what I recall you grew up in India or are half-Hindu, so this has influenced your beliefs and perspective here and perhaps why you want to believe that humans are (potential) gods. That's alien to me. I don't accept other human beings as gods or as ''enlightened'' men. My perspective is only perceived as 'negative' according to yours, but from my perspective yours is one of vanity.
OK. As long as you 'got' my logic, I am satisfied.
__________________
David
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Yesterday, 04:06 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 6,080
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Same 'problem' as Adam and Eve had - hence their 'falling' for the distracting-from-getting-in-touch-with-and-then-cultivating-and-deploying-their-own-already-existing-Life-Force temptation to aspire to in-the-future-be "as gods" (Genesis 3:5)
Interesting twist on what Genesis 3:5 actually says.
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM
davidsun davidsun is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arizona, U.S.A
Posts: 3,546
  davidsun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Interesting twist on what Genesis 3:5 actually says.
Genesis 5 says (the 'temptation' is): "in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

The fact is except for as yet unknowing hence 'innocent' children we already know and can meaningfully differentiate between and so may, if we so choose, deal with things, like what are labeled 'good' and 'evil'. So we are 'as' (what are thought of as) 'gods' already.

Thinking/believing that we aren't results in our descending into a 'hell' of our own thought/belief making, albeit without our realizing that that is what we are doing.
__________________
David
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Today, 05:29 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 6,080
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Genesis 5 says (the 'temptation' is): "in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

The fact is except for as yet unknowing hence 'innocent' children we already know and can meaningfully differentiate between and so may, if we so choose, deal with things, like what are labeled 'good' and 'evil'. So we are 'as' (what are thought of as) 'gods' already.

Thinking/believing that we aren't results in our descending into a 'hell' of our own thought/belief making, albeit without our realizing that that is what we are doing.

If you read Genesis 3:4-5, the account is almost the opposite of how you portrayed it. Those scriptures are self explanatory. They read:

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Today, 01:31 PM
davidsun davidsun is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arizona, U.S.A
Posts: 3,546
  davidsun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you read Genesis 3:4-5, the account is almost the opposite of how you portrayed it. Those scriptures are self explanatory. They read:

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
Thatls what you think, BigJohn. Here's what I think" the 'fear' of 'death' is consciously incarnate beings' biggest ego-'bugaboo'. The serpent used the 'line' in 3:4, the same way you know who used 'make' your self 'great' as a 'hook' to 'grab' the energy/ies of those who didn't realize that they were already 'great' and more than capable of making the 'best' of Life as is.

Here's a footnote excerpted from my book which may (or may not ) help you to grok my point:
"There is an excellent Hindu parable about a great seer who, out of the goodness of his heart, informed birds of all species about a terrible bird-catcher and warned them to beware because, sooner or later, the bird-catcher was bound to try and catch them. Not really up to the task of keeping close track of and publicly declaring the many clever ways in which the bird-catcher disguised himself, fooling themselves and others that they were adequately doing their duty, the parrots in the group diligently ‘served’ to pass on the warning, “Watch out for the bird-catcher,” from generation to generation. The wily bird-catcher found this quite to his liking since all he had to do was set up his nets and yell “I see the bird-catcher coming!” while pointing away from them[selves]. Birds galore would then fly right into his trap. Needless to say, instead of preying upon the parrots themselves, the bird-catcher would place those he caught in prominence positions to make sure that other birds would hear their ‘message’. (Note: even this parable, but of course minus the gist of the last sentence, has been used to ‘catch’ flocks gullible enough to think that a person telling such a wise story must necessarily be doing so to ‘save’ them.)"
__________________
David
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums