Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 13-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Newbie ;)

I have to support Floatsy's statement above. The effective teachers today teach from their experience.
There is nothing wrong with training, as long as we do not rely on formulas or knowledge ONLY.
For example, we truly learn non-judgement of others, when we have ceased judging ourselves.
Old 13-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Master

Ive payed a lot of money to learn some things which were invaluable to me but in these cases I KNEW with every ounce of my being I had to be learning with that teacher. If you are questioning things and its not feeling right to you, it just isnt right for you whether its free or costly.
Old 16-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Master
There is no course the 'accredits' one to be a lightworker.. What is a lightworker anyway? It is different for everybody. There is not one single way. If you were to take a course as an electrician, then you might be a licensed and certified lightworker.

You have to have your own connection to your highest guidance and that takes personal work. You have to do your own work, not somebody elses. A piece of paper is meaningless. The changes come from within and your particular purpose will be made known to you. You will just know. There is a time when we study and learn, but to really accomplish what you seek there comes a time when you put down the books and find your own path. This can only be done through personal experience.

Whatever you want to do is fine. The cost of that course screams 'fraud' to me. When you do spiritual work it is a calling, not a cash cow...
Old 12-05-2017, 02:44 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Know yourself , meditate and find the answer , no money involved
google pyramidmeditation, its free meditation and it is focusing on Breath Energy
Old 13-05-2017, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhosdeamendoa
Although I have my own business in another field that pays my bills, I feel I want to move on to work with people in that spiritual path.

So I've found a lady that does that type of work, and she offers courses that are accredited for people that want to work in energy alignment. It is a course of almost one year and after that you'll be accredited and able to work.

It all sounded good but the thing is, she charges over $5000 for the course

Are you looking to start your own business in the "lightworker" field where you would charge people for your services? If so, then what she's doing is no different than what you intend to do.

We all have the potential inside to develop our gifts and help others to do the same. Personally, I would never pay money for a service that I can do for myself. As in: a course on developing myself. And in that same vein, I would never charge someone for providing those services. I have a job, which pays my bills. Assisting someone on their spiritual path is payment in itself and is not the way to pay your bills. But again, that's my opinion only and I'm not knocking those that do that, or those that pay for those services.
Old 27-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Are you looking to start your own business in the "lightworker" field where you would charge people for your services? If so, then what she's doing is no different than what you intend to do.

We all have the potential inside to develop our gifts and help others to do the same. Personally, I would never pay money for a service that I can do for myself. As in: a course on developing myself. And in that same vein, I would never charge someone for providing those services. I have a job, which pays my bills. Assisting someone on their spiritual path is payment in itself and is not the way to pay your bills. But again, that's my opinion only and I'm not knocking those that do that, or those that pay for those services.

Thanks for your reply Wanderer, but I believe that if you do not charge for spiritual services, you are doing a disservice to yourself and others.

First, you would have to do something else to pay the bills, and that means less time and energy to devote to your calling, what would make me extremely frustrated.

Second, money is only energy and someone paying for spiritual services is basically an exchange of energy. It is a balance of giving and receiving.

They are paying you for something that changes their lives for the better, I bet that is much more important than paying for many items that are completely irrelevant and so many people are happy to pay for.

Third, for most people, when you offer free spiritual service, they do not take it seriously or are committed to it. Many people accept an ebook, a course or a programme just because it is free but they leave it in the middle or do not even start it.

By charging money, they are serious about doing their inner work and they are making a commitment to themselves to go all the way. It is also a question for respecting yourself as a lightworker, because you can only help people that are serious and ready about getting help.

Last but not least, you need to do what makes you feel right. If for you it feels bad charging money for spiritual service, just don't.

To me it feels not just right, but it feels AWESOME to receive money to do my life calling. And the more money the better.
Old 27-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Suspended
Olhos, wanderer isn't disservicing himself or other's by choosing to not charge for what he's offering unconditionally,which shows that another is genuine about helping other's* spiritually.
Old 28-05-2017, 01:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhosdeamendoa
Thanks for your reply Wanderer, but I believe that if you do not charge for spiritual services, you are doing a disservice to yourself and others.

First, you would have to do something else to pay the bills, and that means less time and energy to devote to your calling, what would make me extremely frustrated.

Second, money is only energy and someone paying for spiritual services is basically an exchange of energy. It is a balance of giving and receiving.

They are paying you for something that changes their lives for the better, I bet that is much more important than paying for many items that are completely irrelevant and so many people are happy to pay for.

Third, for most people, when you offer free spiritual service, they do not take it seriously or are committed to it. Many people accept an ebook, a course or a programme just because it is free but they leave it in the middle or do not even start it.

By charging money, they are serious about doing their inner work and they are making a commitment to themselves to go all the way. It is also a question for respecting yourself as a lightworker, because you can only help people that are serious and ready about getting help.

Last but not least, you need to do what makes you feel right. If for you it feels bad charging money for spiritual service, just don't.

To me it feels not just right, but it feels AWESOME to receive money to do my life calling. And the more money the better.

All that sounds great... but isn't practical because the people who most need help aren't given enough money to be able to buy it. Sometimes, giving things for free solves problems. And, if you really like what you are doing more than you like doin gother stuff you could go live on the street, then you would have all the time you need to do the stuff that is important to you. But it is your choice to value having a home as much as you value giving your help; not someone elses.
Old 28-05-2017, 01:57 AM
Knower
This topic - as the discussion has evolved onto the second page - reminds me of the issue a lot of 12-Step sponsors have with recovery coaches.

Sponsors sponsor for free. Coaching is a not a free service. They aren't the same thing, but not many people know this including most 12 steppers.

This is what's so great about having the freedom to start your own business and make all the rules - including the amount you're going to get paid.

Evaluate and determine whether or not what she's offering is worth her asking price or move on. What other people think is irrelevant. A lot of people can't afford $5000 for that kind of instruction - but plenty can, too.

Did you ask if she would consider offering a discount?
Old 28-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
All that sounds great... but isn't practical because the people who most need help aren't given enough money to be able to buy it. Sometimes, giving things for free solves problems. And, if you really like what you are doing more than you like doin gother stuff you could go live on the street, then you would have all the time you need to do the stuff that is important to you. But it is your choice to value having a home as much as you value giving your help; not someone elses.

That advice also isn't very practical when you have a 5 year old daughter, that needs a home, food, clothes and to feel safe.

Every single person in this planet is capable of getting money for anything they want. Charging little money or nothing is saying those people are not capable and is taking away their power.

I am sorry but I find no sense in charging little or nothing. There's absolutely no balance of giving and receiving in that.

It doesn't show that one is genuine about helping others, it just shows one needs to do their inner work of feeling worthy of abundance and receiving too.