Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 12-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Master
Cause of existence

Buddhism seems to teach that existence has a cause and that cause is clinging to existence, good or bad.
Is this why Buddhists dont want to come back?

It is such a sad religion from my perspective but then again
I can't imagine what lies beyond existence.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 12-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Master
You may be misunderstanding both dependent origination and emptiness. Some people think accepting that we all get sick, hurt and die is focusing on the negative. Accepting reality isn't focusing on negative. They also apparently think we focus entirely on rebirth, which is an easy mistake to make, especially if your experience comes from pop culture.

The "existence has a cause and that cause is clinging to existence" doesn't even make sense to me.

The only thing I can think is that you are talking about the cycle of rebirth, that we are stuck being reborn again and again because we cling to life/existence. Which in a way isn't entirely incorrect, but yeah, major misunderstanding and leaving out some very big parts of those teachings.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
You may be misunderstanding both dependent origination and emptiness. Some people think accepting that we all get sick, hurt and die is focusing on the negative. Accepting reality isn't focusing on negative. They also apparently think we focus entirely on rebirth, which is an easy mistake to make, especially if your experience comes from pop culture.

The "existence has a cause and that cause is clinging to existence" doesn't even make sense to me.

The only thing I can think is that you are talking about the cycle of rebirth, that we are stuck being reborn again and again because we cling to life/existence. Which in a way isn't entirely incorrect, but yeah, major misunderstanding and leaving out some very big parts of those teachings.
But why then the negative as being "stuck" in the cycle of rebirth? What's wrong with rebirth in Buddhism? I think they see existence as negative but I don't so I'm asking.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 12-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Master
I'm learning along with you about things related to Buddhism. It seems very complicated sometimes, and while I'm not exactly an expert, my curiosity is alive because of the good my 2-3 years of studying have brought me. I just google, go to youtube, etc. to learn more. It can be quite a challenge for western minds like mine, to grasp Buddhism. I also belong to a forum for beginners. NewBuddhist.com

Incidentally, my Buddhist 'bible' is Old Path White Clouds, biography of Buddha written by Master Thich Nhat Hahn. (TNH for short).

Old 13-07-2017, 03:54 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
Buddhism seems to teach that existence has a cause and that cause is clinging to existence, good or bad.
Buddhist believers dont want to come back because they believe in re-birth. If there is no belief in re-birth buddhism may be applied to realize rational aims.
Quote:
Nothing lies beyond 'eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas'.
Old 13-07-2017, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:

i guess if you don't cling to cause you open yourself to exist more open and free to be, which naturally then might open up a greater potential of existence you might not notice if you stay trapped in cause. The mind loves to give reason as to why the way is chosen, as do beliefs. I prefer to just let the way show me without attachment even as I may pass through what arises..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 13-07-2017, 04:07 AM
Suspended
Ascender

BlueSky is obsessed with finding a truth that doesn't exist. And instead of working on getting rid of this obsessive irrationality he/she is permanently feeding it.
Old 13-07-2017, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
BlueSky is obsessed with finding a truth that doesn't exist. And instead of working on getting rid of this obsessive irrationality he/she is permanently feeding it.

Self enquiry can lead itself round in circles, take itself as deep as it chooses. In the end it will satisfy itself or not

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 13-07-2017, 04:19 AM
Suspended
Quote:
But why then the negative as being "stuck" in the cycle of rebirth? What's wrong with rebirth in Buddhism? I think they see existence as negative but I don't so I'm asking.

People always doing wrong with life that cause karma. Karma has the cause and effect or result way of arrangement for life that's not controlled by human himself. This is Buddhism teaching and belief.

And physical world is more suffering than spiritual realm that's maybe human wrong perception. Of course, human birth, get old, get sick and death. No one can escape this process. And rebirth is to suffer again as human but when a person never rebirth then he's as easy living as Buddha or God.

These reasons may let human to see negative on rebirth process. It isn't a surprise notion at ancient time that most people are poor and suffering. Life is hardship. And nowadays, maybe a lot of people are rich but their life may feel empty and without direction or meaningless may also cause suffering.

People are beings that's hard to be satisfied in nature. But for those who is easy going may feel less suffering no matter he's rich or not.
Old 13-07-2017, 04:33 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground

You see everything so simple that may leave out a lot of contents in life cycle or karma or God and human differences in existence or human existence with life hardship. Not all people can have a life that can let him live as his desire or plans. Can a person just get rich automatically, no sickness suffering, no relationship misunderstanding, no environmental chao or misleading........ Is BlueSky obsessed in seeking for this purpose or answer..... with no meaning at all? I don't think so.