Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 21-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Deactivated Account
The Absolute

I wrote about this elsewhere but this seems to be the correct place for it so.......

I have studied non-duality or Advaita for a long time and can see and even occasionally experience Oneness or Unity in which there is a 'me' but no separate individual. Then, again, I have experienced the continuing existence of several members of my family including my late wife in the Afterlife so my issue is how to reconcile the Oneness, where there is NO individual at all and the presence of apparent individuals in both the physical world and the Afterlife. I'd think that, once I "die", there would no longer be a separate, individual 'me' but a universal Me or simply Consciousness - absent a form. I can visualize or conceive of formless life or Absolute Unity plus separate individuals but when, where and how does the separate person melt into or become One Being or Self? What is your own experience of this? Have you, as some sages seem to be, had the experience of being just one life/being/consciousness/self - without a body or form? If so, what about all those individuals that I have seen/felt/heard, etc. from the over in the Afterlife? I didn't imagine them. They are as real as anyone or thing over here. It's so weird trying to experience Oneness when individuality seems so permanent or ever lasting. The "oneness" folks claim that everything, including the afterlife, is temporary whereas Oneness is eternal and permanent. What's your take on these two apparently opposing points or states? Thanks
Old 21-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Experiencer

My take is that me and the physical world is in all truth one, even science will confirm this. It's not a me separate from the world as I'm in every sense a part of it. The physical world is a permanent one though in constant motion, at least it lasts for a very very very long time in case it turns out to be finite. My life is finite, my consciousness is finite although a fragment of my consciousness may persist through the consciousness of others as a memory. Just like how great philosophers and other historically notable people are still remembered to this day.

It would be odd for me not to feel one with the world, because it's simply not true. I can not exist separately from what I exist in. Existence is greater than just me. Philosophically speaking my view is the opposite of solipsistic, where the world is believed to be a product of consciousness rather than the other way around.

Everything in the world is as it is, I view it like it is before it's divided into separate objects. Something that is done to practically communicate clearly.
Old 26-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Deactivated Account
LOL, as the Absolute, I have no idea why I have divided myself up to become a universe full of "stuff" other than it's just an adventure for me. I am that I am which includes all of this and even the "afterlife" so I guess my best option is to just enjoy the show (like in a movie) and love it all. What a show! LOL, it's all me!
Old 27-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Angel1

Oh MY!

You didn't ask too much?! hahahaha

Well, my spiritual friend...you are into some great stuff!
At this point have you read "I Am That"...Nisargadatta?

Yes, if there is Only One...are these individuals 'real'? Hahaha...
and yet even Sri Yukteswar said....where he could be found...
"It is called Hiranyaloka or 'Illumined Astral Planet.
There I am aiding advanced beings to rid themselves of astral karma and thus attain liberation from astral rebirths. "
(The Autobiography of a Yogi, Ch 43).

He apparently is an avatar like a Christ on an this planet.
Oh?
Why did he not just merge into the Oneness of Bliss for eternity?
Why is he still serving the Whole?

You asked: I have no idea why I have divided myself up to become a universe full of "stuff" ...
so best option...enjoy the show...and love it.

Well, if you had ever experienced the Void, the Night of Brahma, ie, before creation....as opposed to
the Day of Brahma...the Nothingness...
and I mean n-o-t-h-i-n-g but just ONE consciousness, whew...
you would understand this whole thing!....As to 'why'!

There is NO one else...nada...nothing ( I can not impress this enough, because ... wow.)

So, the Absolute, the One...imagined us...think of it
as playmates, lovers,
the Cosmic Lila on a screen of Epic proportions...tragedies and triumphs, love and pain, loss and
victory, comedy and war....for entertainment, experimentation, and expansion into infinity.

The One ...individualizing Himself into all of us..like fingers/sensors reaching and touching
and feeling returning data to the Mothership...
the Main Computer
Ha!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-08-2016, 01:02 AM
Master
Omg I wish I could retain stuff like you do, Miss Hepburn. Your mind is a sponge. I read something and I want to share it and ah...duh....nevermind...
Old 03-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Cat The Main Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh MY!

You didn't ask too much?! hahahaha

Well, my spiritual friend...you are into some great stuff!
At this point have you read "I Am That"...Nisargadatta?

Not sure if this is for me but, yes.

Quote:
Yes, if there is Only One...are these individuals 'real'? Hahaha...
No, IMO. They are all dreamed up characters by you, the One.
Quote:
and yet even Sri Yukteswar said....where he could be found...
"It is called Hiranyaloka or 'Illumined Astral Planet.
There I am aiding advanced beings to rid themselves of astral karma and thus attain liberation from astral rebirths. "
(The Autobiography of a Yogi, Ch 43).

He apparently is an avatar like a Christ on an this planet.
Oh?
Why did he not just merge into the Oneness of Bliss for eternity?
Why is he still serving the Whole?
Beats me!

Quote:
You asked: I have no idea why I have divided myself up to become a universe full of "stuff" ...
so best option...enjoy the show...and love it.

Well, if you had ever experienced the Void, the Night of Brahma, ie, before creation....as opposed to
the Day of Brahma...the Nothingness...
and I mean n-o-t-h-i-n-g but just ONE consciousness, whew...
you would understand this whole thing!....As to 'why'!
OK, then why in your opinion or experience?

Quote:
There is NO one else...nada...nothing ( I can not impress this enough, because ... wow.)
Yes, I know that.

Quote:
So, the Absolute, the One...imagined us...think of it
as playmates, lovers,
the Cosmic Lila on a screen of Epic proportions...tragedies and triumphs, love and pain, loss and
victory, comedy and war....for entertainment, experimentation, and expansion into infinity.
And much more than that, IMO and experience.

Quote:
The One ...individualizing Himself into all of us..like fingers/sensors reaching and touching
and feeling returning data to the Mothership...
the Main Computer
Ha!
Yep, the "Main Computer" which is just another name for The One or Absolute.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
I wrote about this elsewhere but this seems to be the correct place for it so.......

I have studied non-duality or Advaita for a long time and can see and even occasionally experience Oneness or Unity in which there is a 'me' but no separate individual. Then, again, I have experienced the continuing existence of several members of my family including my late wife in the Afterlife so my issue is how to reconcile the Oneness, where there is NO individual at all and the presence of apparent individuals in both the physical world and the Afterlife. I'd think that, once I "die", there would no longer be a separate, individual 'me' but a universal Me or simply Consciousness - absent a form. I can visualize or conceive of formless life or Absolute Unity plus separate individuals but when, where and how does the separate person melt into or become One Being or Self? What is your own experience of this? Have you, as some sages seem to be, had the experience of being just one life/being/consciousness/self - without a body or form? If so, what about all those individuals that I have seen/felt/heard, etc. from the over in the Afterlife? I didn't imagine them. They are as real as anyone or thing over here. It's so weird trying to experience Oneness when individuality seems so permanent or ever lasting. The "oneness" folks claim that everything, including the afterlife, is temporary whereas Oneness is eternal and permanent. What's your take on these two apparently opposing points or states? Thanks
Namaste.

After my own personal struggle as to understand the difference between Jivatman and Paramatman, I came to think of it this way - and I think it came from the Bhagavatam somewhere...

All of these 'individual souls' (which we perceive as being 'individual souls'...or having any relative distinction to each other or to the Absolute) are like pearls - pure pearls strung upon the thread or sutra of that divine Cosmic Consciousness known as Brahman.

Even though these pearls are separate and unique, they still form a part of the pearl necklace the Infinite wears...it is the expression of Brahman into the dvaitic or dual state.

Our souls are threads woven within the loom of Brahman, in that nothing can be added to, nor taken from it, apart from it existing as itself.

ॐ पूर्णमदः पूर्णमिदं पूर्णात्पुर्णमुदच्यते
पूर्णश्य पूर्णमादाय पूर्णमेवावशिष्यते ॥
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥

Om Puurnnam-Adah Puurnnam-Idam Puurnnaat-Purnnam-Udacyate
Puurnnashya Puurnnam-Aadaaya Puurnnam-Eva-Avashissyate ||
Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Meaning:
Aum! That is infinite, and this (universe) is infinite.
The infinite proceeds from the infinite.
(Then) taking the infinitude of the infinite (universe),
It remains as the infinite alone.
Aum! Peace! Peace! Peace! - Isopanishad

This is how I personally got over that whole dilemma and conundrum internally. All the best.
Old 29-09-2016, 01:10 PM
Newbie ;)

it's all just a thought. no really. want to be one cell of the body or the whole human? you have to have individuals to make "the one". if no ideas are bouncing around, there is nothing...not even the thought of nothing. now as for being one vs the afterlife. every life after the beginning is the afterlife.....assuming there even was a beginning and that time doesn't go backwards as well as forwards at the same time. my point is there is no definitive answer until we can confirm a lot more of other things. right now we don't even know if we're in an alien computer or not. think about that for a second.
Old 30-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Scares the ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoid
it's all just a thought. no really. want to be one cell of the body or the whole human? you have to have individuals to make "the one".
Which is how the imaginary ego (one cell) sees it. Yes, you have to create imaginary egos to put on an Imaginary State Play we currently call "the one" or the Universe. What a show!

Quote:
if no ideas are bouncing around, there is nothing...not even the thought of nothing.
And that scares our non-existing ego!

Quote:
now as for being one vs the afterlife. every life after the beginning is the afterlife.....assuming there even was a beginning and that time doesn't go backwards as well as forwards at the same time.
The Ego certainly has a "rich" imagination!

Quote:
my point is there is no definitive answer until we can confirm a lot more of other things. right now we don't even know if we're in an alien computer or not. think about that for a second.
LOL, my ego is already working on it! It's good that "we" are not an ego!
Old 30-09-2016, 11:59 PM
This group that responded is a good group.

I have decided to simply surrender to the separation or
the Absolute creating 'us'.
Much of this is because of experiencing the Void...and I mean Void...
Where there is N-o-t-h-i-n-g...One Pure Awareness and that is IT!

I see you asked 'why', jim ...I fell off the loop here so I'm back, very sorry ...
Seeing the 'Nothing' I clearly saw WHY this singular Being did what He did...
You are completely and utterly a=l=o=n=e!
And no one says it better than Meher Baba!!!

God is love. And Love must love. And to love there must be a Beloved.

But since God is Existence infinite and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself.
And in order to love Himself, He must imagine Himself as the Beloved whom He
as the lover imagines He loves.

Beloved and lover implies separation.
And separation creates longing; and longing causes search.
And the wider and the more intense the search, the greater the separation and
the more terrible the longing.

When longing is at it's most intense, separation is complete, and the purpose of separation,
which was that love might experience itself as lover and Beloved,
is fulfilled; and union follows.

And when union is attained, the lover knows that he himself was all along the Beloved,
whom he loved and desired union with;

and that all the impossible situations that he overcame were obstacles which he himself
had placed in the path to himself.

To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is impossible to become what you already are!
Union is nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru