Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-12-2019, 05:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
When you see innocent people hurt? Is it weird?

Crying is a natural emotional response to certain feelings, usually sadness and hurt, but people also cry when they see something of beauty. Some people cry very easily while others rarely cry.

Crying serves and emotional purpose, it’s a release from a buildup of feelings. It is also believed that crying serves a biochemical purpose; it can relieve stress hormones and toxins from the body.

Crying also has a social function; usually a crying person will win support from others, and sometimes crying can also be a way to manipulate others. Various cultures around the world have had unwritten rules about crying,

Like in the movie, “ A League of their Own,” the Tom Hanks character says “there is no crying in baseball.” For a very long time in the U.S. males were taught not to cry in public as it was seen as “un-manly.”

Crying is usually a natural response but there are people who may have a crying disorder, who cry uncontrollably and can not stop themselves from crying. I would tear up, and then quickly get angry and want to do something about it if I saw innocent people hurt.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:09 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Crying is a natural emotional response to certain feelings, usually sadness and hurt, but people also cry when they see something of beauty. Some people cry very easily while others rarely cry.

Crying serves and emotional purpose, it’s a release from a buildup of feelings. It is also believed that crying serves a biochemical purpose; it can relieve stress hormones and toxins from the body.

Crying also has a social function; usually a crying person will win support from others, and sometimes crying can also be a way to manipulate others. Various cultures around the world have had unwritten rules about crying,

Like in the movie, “ A League of their Own,” the Tom Hanks character says “there is no crying in baseball.” For a very long time in the U.S. males were taught not to cry in public as it was seen as “un-manly.”

Crying is usually a natural response but there are people who may have a crying disorder, who cry uncontrollably and can not stop themselves from crying. I would tear up, and then quickly get angry and want to do something about it if I saw innocent people hurt.

What if it’s the world, led by ego, that is that which harms, Starman..?
Old 13-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Master
Quote:
What if it’s the world, led by ego, that is that which harms, Starman..?

We all live on the same planet but all of us do not live in the same world. Crying may help the person crying but it does not help the innocent who is being abused. If you are grounded in your own inner light, your very presence can change people without you saying a word or doing anything.

I can not save the world. When I arrived on this planet ego was running rampart and a multitude of decades later ego is still running rampart. My part is to do what I can and sometimes it seems like scratching my nails against a massively thick steel wall trying to make a dent.

For me, it is very important to let go. I have seen lots of suffering in my life, and have suffered greatly myself, and as I have often shared here at SF, I worked as a professional helper for about 42-years seeing all sorts of atrocities. The important thing is to keep your heart open.

I see the abusers and the abused as being potentially me, and I have to keep me in that divine love so I don't become a blight on this world. Do what you can to serve others out of love, and not for recognition. I do not know why some who appear innocent receive abuse from others, but I do hope there is and answer somewhere. Although I have frequently seen things that I have done to others, days, weeks, months or years, later come back on me.
Old 15-12-2019, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
When you see innocent people hurt? Is it weird?
All depends on if the person is really 'innocent'.

For example, a composite calls me "FALSE NEWS" and "FOX NEWS". I do not watch "FOX NEWS".

If that composite should "stub their toes", I probably would regard it as an aspect of karma. That is part of life.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Last edited by BigJohn : 15-12-2019 at 06:21 AM.
Old 15-12-2019, 05:48 AM
janielee

Thank you for wise words, Starman, blessings. Namaste.
Old 15-12-2019, 06:35 AM
Newbie ;)

yes being empathic if I read into them too much learning how to not take it on.
Old 18-12-2019, 03:04 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No it's not weird, you are showing your Empathy for all Sentient beings, I cry for the hurt of others and sometimes for their joy.

This made me cry earlier on this morning....

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/06/dare-...ched-11295219/

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...ncer-treatment

Old 18-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Knower
I cry at ASPCA, sick children, wounded veterans commercials.