Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 27-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Michael B.

Ruinic Q&A

Because there isn't really a place to ask questions about the meaning of runes, and advice with reading them, it's probably best to make one. I don't really know how the Tarot "School" is run, but I have a pretty good idea what would the best way to run this. In the traditional sense there won't be listings of meanings, but I'll give explanations on demand (and I'm sure the other Runemasters will as well.) Some runes we need more creative examples, and I can try to help with that. As for the homemade runes vs. bought argument, things you make you tend to bond with, but bought runes can be just as good. Whatever works for you works.

With learning Galdr, I know I for fact can't give much guidance there. If you need to ask about it, feel free, but it's a matter of expression. Nobody can tell you how to be creative.

Well, I hope this will be helpful, if there is something that isn't covered here you'd like to ask, it shouldn't be any trouble.
Old 27-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Master
MIchael, I am only just beginning to develop an interest in Runes.

The way the Tarot "School" runs is that one member sets a task -generally a reading or a topic - and draws the cards to be used. The other members then draw the same cards from their own decks and interpret them. The person who set the task will then "round-up" and comment on the interpretations. Then someone else sets another task and so on. We get a wide range of individual interpretations from a single set of cards.

Could you do the same or similar with runes ? Learning by doing ! Note we also have a Tarot 101 Thread for questions.
Old 27-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Michael B.

Sure, we could do both. Runes are big on moral lessons though so I'd like to have there be help with that also, but I see no problem with that idea. I'll add that to the first post for future reference.
Edit: Wait, never mind, I can't edit the first post. that's kind of annoying.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Michael B.

Bump, I was hoping there'd be a bit more interest. Runes tend to be pretty faithful in my experience, and I have no problem helping out with learning them.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Deactivated Account

I think the Runes school was a great idea, they are an interesting divination tool that I would like to learn about. Just that I don't have any runes or any questions. I hope you find some students !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 05-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf

I love the idea as well! I'm trying to learn more about runes and gather supplies to make some. :)
Old 05-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Michael B.

Personally, I'd wait till you have a general idea what the Runes mean to make a set. It'd be more meaningful to make them with a good idea what means what. It's a matter of opinion, but that's what I think.
Old 20-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Michael B.

It might not be a bad idea to dig this up, and try to remind people this is here. I don't know how popular Runes are, but I'm sure there are at least some questions on the matter.
Old 20-10-2011, 01:59 PM
scorpiowitch66

I need a little help with Kenaz. There seems to be so many different ways you can read it, even within a spread.

My interpretation is light, clarity and insight....

Other interpretations I have found are 'inner fire, opportunity, offer'.

it just doesnt seem to jive for me. Any thoughts?
Old 21-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Adagio11

I've never touched a set of Runes in my life. I've practiced with just about every other divination tool. I would like to learn, but they seem rather complex. I'm used to using these tools instinctually. This would be much different. But, I'm definitely willing to learn!

P.S. I'm in Cincinnati! :-D

P.S.S. My spelling is awful and my work uses Internet Explorer 5.1.91 ...seriously. Thus, i don't have spell check.