Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Closed Thread

Old 24-12-2006, 09:49 AM
hari_s

friends, i would like to add a few thoughts i have on breathing. breathing is something that reflects upon the nature of our mind. i'm sure many of us would have noticed that when we r angry, our breathing becomes shallow n fast, as opposed to calm deep breathing when we r composed. therefore, our thoughts influence our breathing, n the important thing is breathing can also influence our thoughts. so if we r angry or emotionally disturbed, just taking deep breaths(the yogic way) will calm us. this manipulation of breathing can help us in many ways. taking deep breaths will lessen the number of breaths n prolong life.(according to indian/yogic mysticism) for example the dog has a shorter life span than man, n man has a shorter life span than a snake. all becoz each creature that lives longer takes more deeper breaths n a lesser number of breath a day. a human is said to approximately breathe 21600 times a day. the yogic form of breathing has many forms, n the simplest n safest is the one mentioned by kundalini in the previous post. the other forms of breathing have various other functions n r said to help in fighting certain ailments like asthma n sinus. however these different forms must be practised under a proper teacher as it can dangerous done without supervision . but the normal form of yogic breathing is safe n can b used by all for benefit. pls share ur thoughts
Old 19-01-2007, 08:14 PM
fool

although I have no experience at all in yoga, I was taught various breathing exercises in tai chi,
The first and simplist is natural breathing.
1, simply lie down and straighten your back as much as posible
2, place one hand on your belly and the other on your chest
3, breath in, allow your belly to rise
4, breath out , allow your belly to fall,
5, but the key is to not allow your hand on your chest to move ,

try it it can help you understand how to breath
Old 20-01-2007, 01:55 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikei
Kundalini, I would be honored if you would show me the steps to do this. It will help me in many many ways, not just physically. I look forward to hearing from you!

Hi nikei, did I ever send you those techniques?

Kundalini.
Closed Thread