Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 14-06-2016, 05:53 AM
Seeker

Horror Movies

guys now lets share which Horror movie is your favorite and you like to watch again and again in your life?? I hope you guys will share with all.
Old 14-06-2016, 06:26 AM
Deactivated Account

Pet cemetery
Old 14-06-2016, 07:17 AM
Master
I really enjoyed "Insidious" all three of them. I also really enjoyed watching "The Conjuring." Those would be my favorites.

Others i really liked:
The Haunted (not to be confused with The Haunting)
Exorcism of Emily Rose
IT
Darkness
It Follows
House of 1000 Corpses
Hostel 1 and 2
Tales From the Hood

But if anyone is looking for something a bit more on the scary side, Insidious and The Conjuring would be it. Watch it alone at night with no one around.

For a good thriller i recommend "When a Stranger Calls."
Old 14-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Lepus

Hello,

Resident Evil (2002). I really like this scene. Resident Evil Dog Fight HQ

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 15-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Hello

I go way back to the first one that I saw in a theater "Friday the 13th". Back when movie screens were massive and you got the full up close and personal experience (not the fake 3d ****). While now looking at it I do not see the same appeal.

The one that I do still like to watch is "Carrie" as she is much like I was in High School so I can relate to her. I can envision me doing some of the same acts she did. Not on the same theatrical scale but seeking out that place of revenge. I was blessed to be too much of a nerd to act out.

Lynn
Old 15-06-2016, 10:40 PM
Suspended
Knower
I prefer the older ones even those more comedy than anything [original Evil Dead]. It says something when the actors alone can make you jump in the seat and not just very poor lighting + loud noises + screaming actors as what serves as "horror" in most modern flicks.

So

The Thing [1982]
The Poltergeist [1982]
The Shining [1980]
Evil Dead [1981]

sensing a trend?

Aliens, all of them but the 1979 one still amazes me how back then we could pull stuff like that off. And some modern flicks [such as the dragon in the Hobbit] is hardly any better than what was passed out in the old 60s "Lost World" dinosaur flicks.

The Host [2007]
Ringu [1998] - funny story about that, we had just watched it and back then as a kid I used to get killer migraines that really helped after soaking the head in cold hair [so a shower]. I was on my way back to bed, with yes somewhat dripping wet hair, when who is coming out of his bedroom but my younger brother. Woke the whole house up.

The Saw series
The Haunting [1962]
Event Horizon [1997]
Christopher Lee's Draculas & a few others.
Oh a few of Christopher Walken's that fall under horror.
Old 15-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Gracey

The Evil Dead series. I like the tv series as well.

The Prophecy. All of the series

Amityville horror.

I spit on your grave.

Friday the 13th. series

Jason vs. Freddy

never the exorcist though. too scary.
Old 15-06-2016, 11:06 PM
Lepus

Hello Gracey,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
The Evil Dead series. I like the tv series as well.

The Prophecy. All of the series

Amityville horror.

I spit on your grave.

Friday the 13th. series

Jason vs. Freddy

never the exorcist though. too scary.

Jason vs Freddy was too comical for me. I did like this scene though: Jason vs Freddy Fight.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 15-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello Gracey,

Jason vs Freddy was too comical for me. I did like this scene though: Jason vs Freddy Fight.

Blessed be,
Lepus

That is the one scene i thought was scary, especially when Jason was getting thrown all over the place.

The first movie of the Freddy movies scared me at the time I watched it. I was a teenager. After that, I just liked to keep up with the story line.
Old 17-06-2016, 03:37 AM
Guide
Moon (it wasn't marketed as a horror movie, but it absolutely is)
The Innocents (an older movie, 1960 I think?)
The Orphanage (del Toro film I believe)
It Follows (excellent, just excellent, and a very astute commentary on a certain social matter.. psst, Fox if you're reading this, you should watch it!)
Let the Right One In
Nymphomaniac (Not a horror movie, but it is so tortuously long and directionless that it may as well be-- interesting as it may have been)