Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 12-02-2020, 09:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Where can I find the Best Meditation Training

Hi guys, I have been stragling with meditation. Where can I get the best materials?
Old 12-02-2020, 09:57 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Start with this playlist. Watch the first 5 short videos and the first long one.

https://youtu.be/IoPUOJn6gQA?list=PL...XKU_1z5sHaw a

And this PDF. https://www.vipassanaforum.net/meditation/Shamatha.pdf

It's nothing fancy, just the basics of mindfulness meditation but that's without a doubt the best place to start.

If you want some info on the science behind mindfulness this is an excellent video.

https://youtu.be/5TeWvf-nfpA?list=PL...ydVp1WpVnPNokg
Old 12-02-2020, 11:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrick
Hi guys, I have been stragling with meditation. Where can I get the best materials?

You just have to go beyond that "hard start" and then you will enjoy every moment of meditation! I know it seems so so hard to reach that silence but it's just trick meant to keep away those who are not really meditating, just go through this stage and you will achieve the silence!
Old 13-02-2020, 02:06 PM
Pathfinder

Beginners meditation

I have just started meditating myself and found some links on here to help me. I also want to be certain to ground myself.
Would there be any crystals to help me meditate?
Blessed be
Old 13-02-2020, 02:47 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey10
I have just started meditating myself and found some links on here to help me. I also want to be certain to ground myself.
Would there be any crystals to help me meditate?
Blessed be

Watch the videos and read the PDF I linked above. Don't worry about crystals or any other 'aids' and 'enhancements'. They are distractions. The only exception I would suggest is perhaps lighting a stick of incense. I like vanilla.

My dad always told me to seek out the best, and I'll take the advice of a Tibetan monk with thirty or forty thousand hours of practice and the neuroscientist (Richie Davidson) who observed his practice using EEG & fMRI.
Old 13-02-2020, 03:36 PM
Master

Simply begin by slowing down thought by effortlessly observing the thought patterns arise and fade within our unchanging awareness. No struggle. Just keep observing. Without associating the thought with our awareness.

We then get to awareness without fragmented thought. Meditation. Stillness.

Old 13-02-2020, 05:49 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks for that, I will try meditation again tonight.
Blessed be