Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 31-12-2010, 05:57 PM
FIRE-MAIDEN

Color Are mankind enhanced or doomed by their materialism ?

We live in a materialistic world, untold stress at times to build better and bigger things, stress for speed, efficiency, and production.
yes humankind has accomplished remarkable things, throughout the ages, eg we can now fly faster then the sound of speed !
our productive capacity is immense, there have been enourmous strides in technology, weve harnessed the atom !
yet we have not paid much attention to devoloping harmony not even with our neighbours, let alone our fellow man !
a war of serious implications [nuclear] could annihilate human civalization
There is no place anyone could hide from its effects !
every day, many sit like couch pototoes, watching hours of tv, or playing cumputer games, or excessive drinking, drug use,comfort eating, ect whilst ignoreing the call within ....the calling of your soul !
That part of yourself, that when you remove all the everyday clutter, by quieting the minds wheels, no thoughts, no inner dialogues, no fantasys, just that silence of power,that inner peace that passeth all understanding, we can then touch the infinite, that eturnal song of the universe !
in my youth [teenage years, i was mighty hardgoing, a recluse in many ways but always a thinker] i was way tooi hard on myself, and saw life as black unrewarding and an endless mass of pain and sorrow]
very much due to certain things that had happened, throughout childhood and teens, i searched my soul, the universe for my truth, [not someone elses insecruitys that had moulded me but my own truth]
I cast aside religion , the christian god id been indotrinated with, who was of judgement, anger, rage, a god i had been brought up to fear not love , but that fear had turned to hatred and rage , i cast aside all that and embraced as much as possible as a young girl, [secertly i may add was still liveing at home with father and mother]
And slowly but surely, a freedom arose within my spirit i had never felt, i started to feel liberated, i was sweet 15 years old, i still had to pretend as i had to attend church 3 times week, i had to study my bible every day at certain times, i still had to preach [taught by my daddy the good old way]
my father and brother and mother ruled the home with a rod of iron, they took the bible to extremes, they believed any resistance by myself as in any minor questioning ect of churches dotrine should be met by violance, that was their way [beating the devil out of ya ,father called it]
in a weird kinda of way it helped me, devolop backbone, i grew darker stronger, that was what kept me going detirmined to find the truth.
I cant put into words ,the immense elation i started to feel, as i started to go within, secertly i had one candle, at a time that i would hide, and use every day in my bedroom, blanking my mind, clearing it of everything, a compleate void by stareing into that candle flame !
the visions and experances spiritually light and dark were wonderous, small miracles started happening, and for the first time in my life, my soul knew some peace.
i did this for 3 solid years ,at 17 i had devoloped enougth courage to leave home, that was the last time my father put his hands on me,and my brother.
I was free at last, free to experance ,to live , to yearn, to know , my own truth, from there on, i embraced many things, and my perception truth expanded and changed my soul greatly and my path !
There are so many unforfilled souls, humankind rush blindly into any devices or pathways by which they can enter into that bliss of happyness, only to find its only temperory, because they ignore that call within.
every soul who seeks happyness can be lured into a sweet intoxicateing forgetfulness, for a while, but if that call within is ignored, the unfortified soul is rendered shattered apart by dislusion.
As children we long to be an adult, as adults we long to be a child again,the poor man is chained down by poverty,and yet the rich man fears poverty lol !
The goddess says thou shall not find me without, if at first you do not find me within....there is such beauty estascy and power within but most of allk forfillment , just waiting to be tapped, just a lil part of me i wanted to share !
yes, i still have flaws, yes i still have weaknesses but my god i have great strengths as well ,and above all things, iam true unto myself !
what are your views ,do you think materialism is an hinderance to mindkinds growth ?

Old 31-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Darkest-Messiah

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE-MAIDEN
We live in a materialistic world, untold stress at times to build better and bigger things, stress for speed, efficiency, and production.
yes humankind has accomplished remarkable things, throughout the ages, eg we can now fly faster then the sound of speed !
our productive capacity is immense, there have been enourmous strides in technology, weve harnessed the atom
yet we have not paid much attention to devoloping harmony not even with our neighbours, let alone our fellow man !
a war of serious implications [nuclear] could annihilate human civalization
There is no place anyone could hide from its effects !
every day, many sit like couch pototoes, watching hours of tv, or playing cumputer games, or excessive drinking, drug use,comfort eating, ect whilst ignoreing the call within ....the calling of your soul !
That part of yourself, that when you remove all the everyday clutter, by quieting the minds wheels, no thoughts, no inner dialogues, no fantasys, just that silence of power,that inner peace that passeth all understanding, we can then touch the infinite, that eturnal song of the universe !
in my youth [teenage years, i was mighty hardgoing, a recluse in many ways but always a thinker] i was way tooi hard on myself, and saw life as black unrewarding and an endless mass of pain and sorrow]
very much due to certain things that had happened, throughout childhood and teens, i searched my soul, the universe for my truth, [not someone elses insecruitys that had moulded me but my own truth]
I cast aside religion , the christian god id been indotrinated with, who was of judgement, anger, rage, a god i had been brought up to fear not love , but that fear had turned to hatred and rage , i cast aside all that and embraced as much as possible as a young girl, [secertly i may add was still liveing at home with father and mother]
And slowly but surely, a freedom arose within my spirit i had never felt, i started to feel liberated, i was sweet 15 years old, i still had to pretend as i had to attend church 3 times week, i had to study my bible every day at certain times, i still had to preach [taught by my daddy the good old way]
my father and brother and mother ruled the home with a rod of iron, they took the bible to extremes, they believed any resistance by myself as in any minor questioning ect of churches dotrine should be met by violance, that was their way [beating the devil out of ya ,father called it]
in a weird kinda of way it helped me, devolop backbone, i grew darker stronger, that was what kept me going detirmined to find the truth.
I cant put into words ,the immense elation i started to feel, as i started to go within, secertly i had one candle, at a time that i would hide, and use every day in my bedroom, blanking my mind, clearing it of everything, a compleate void by stareing into that candle flame !
the visions and experances spiritually light and dark were wonderous, small miracles started happening, and for the first time in my life, my soul knew some peace.
i did this for 3 solid years ,at 17 i had devoloped enougth courage to leave home, that was the last time my father put his hands on me,and my brother.
I was free at last, free to experance ,to live , to yearn, to know , my own truth, from there on, i embraced many things, and my perception truth expanded and changed my soul greatly and my path !
There are so many unforfilled souls, humankind rush blindly into any devices or pathways by which they can enter into that bliss of happyness, only to find its only temperory, because they ignore that call within.
every soul who seeks happyness can be lured into a sweet intoxicateing forgetfulness, for a while, but if that call within is ignored, the unfortified soul is rendered shattered apart by dislusion.
As children we long to be an adult, as adults we long to be a child again,the poor man is chained down by poverty,and yet the rich man fears poverty lol !
The goddess says thou shall not find me without, if at first you do not find me within....there is such beauty estascy and power within but most of allk forfillment , just waiting to be tapped, just a lil part of me i wanted to share !
yes, i still have flaws, yes i still have weaknesses but my god i have great strengths as well ,and above all things, iam true unto myself !
what are your views ,do you think materialism is an hinderance to mindkinds growth ?

Of all within my past...weak to strong, dull to brilliant, or challenged to freely given of that silver platter...not one, Jade, have I seen to be true, until YOU. Your sufferings have wrought within you strengths i have seen in but highly few

Materialism is mankinds weakest portion...not a simple hinderance to them within my view, but their damnation of religion, of society, of SELF....................of gods lost!

The rare share this deeply........Thou art the Rare!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:31 AM
FIRE-MAIDEN

Color

Thankyou beautiful man your thoughts given here mean the world to me beloved one x