Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 07-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Moonkestrel

Healthy vegetarian diet?

I have been a vegetarian for years but recently seem to be struggling with maintaining a healthy 'diet'. I work 8.30-4.30 during the week, go to combat classes three times a week so, although I really love to cook I only get chance to do 'proper' recepies at the weekend. Anyone got any menu ideas as would love to pre-plan and get organised re what I eat?

Am looking to maintain weight, not lose it.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Experiencer
Here's something that I find to be quick and easy! And very filling!

I take some **** flatbread and cut it in half, and put it in the oven with a tiny bit of cheese on the one half. I just put it to about 350 just so the cheese melts and it gets a bit crunchy.

While thats going on I just put whatever veggies I have in a wok with a tiny bit of cooking oil. (Normally broccoli, peppers, spinach, etc)

Spread a tiny bit of sundried tomato pesto on one half of the **** and put it all together as a sandwich.

I'm not sure how heathy the things your looking for are, as this definitely could be healthier but its quick and easy and delicious.

You might be able to find some better options on theppk.com

All the best,
-TrainsAndSewingMachines
Old 08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkestrel
I have been a vegetarian for years but recently seem to be struggling with maintaining a healthy 'diet'. I work 8.30-4.30 during the week, go to combat classes three times a week so, although I really love to cook I only get chance to do 'proper' recepies at the weekend. Anyone got any menu ideas as would love to pre-plan and get organised re what I eat?

Am looking to maintain weight, not lose it.

Hi,

For breakfast, you can pre-make enough "steel-cut oatmeal" to last about 4 days.
Then you just heat it up in the morning and add fruit and whatever to it.
You could also buy buckwheat for breakfast which is very good for you and only takes 4 minutes to cook.

For lunch, Amy's and Quorn and various others make some delicious vegetarian frozen dinners that are a very good alternative to home cooking.

For dinner, my wife uses alot of the frozen soy based "meats" and wips up stir frys with some pre-made brown rice we make ahead of time.

I too work till 4:30 and work out for 1 and 1/2 hours a night. Eating healthy as well as vegetarian is important to me and this works for me.

P.S. I snack on Zone protein bars and fruit or yogurt 3-4 times a day as well. All are quick and easy and good for you.

My best to you......James
Old 09-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Moonkestrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainsAndSewingMachines
Here's something that I find to be quick and easy! And very filling!

I take some **** flatbread and cut it in half, and put it in the oven with a tiny bit of cheese on the one half. I just put it to about 350 just so the cheese melts and it gets a bit crunchy.

While thats going on I just put whatever veggies I have in a wok with a tiny bit of cooking oil. (Normally broccoli, peppers, spinach, etc)

Spread a tiny bit of sundried tomato pesto on one half of the **** and put it all together as a sandwich.

I'm not sure how heathy the things your looking for are, as this definitely could be healthier but its quick and easy and delicious.

You might be able to find some better options on theppk.com

All the best,
-TrainsAndSewingMachines

Yum Yum - great idea! Thanks. xx
Old 09-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Moonkestrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Hi,

For breakfast, you can pre-make enough "steel-cut oatmeal" to last about 4 days.
Then you just heat it up in the morning and add fruit and whatever to it.
You could also buy buckwheat for breakfast which is very good for you and only takes 4 minutes to cook.

For lunch, Amy's and Quorn and various others make some delicious vegetarian frozen dinners that are a very good alternative to home cooking.

For dinner, my wife uses alot of the frozen soy based "meats" and wips up stir frys with some pre-made brown rice we make ahead of time.

I too work till 4:30 and work out for 1 and 1/2 hours a night. Eating healthy as well as vegetarian is important to me and this works for me.

P.S. I snack on Zone protein bars and fruit or yogurt 3-4 times a day as well. All are quick and easy and good for you.

My best to you......James

Thanks James - great ideas, especially for breakfast.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:39 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainsAndSewingMachines

Yum!!!!!!
Old 24-03-2011, 05:42 AM
lynnwhiteowl

This a recipe I use and Love...[that's if you eat eggs.] First I steam about 8 silverbeet leaves[cut up] ...chop finely 1 medium [you can add less]onion ,1 clove garlic and lightly cook in Ghee...Beat 2or 3 eggs... When silverbeet is cooked add to cooked onion and garlic in pan then add beaten eggs and sprinkle in grated Parmasen cheese mix through...Yummy! I have this with crusty bread...I hope you enjoy this too..Gentle Hugs and Blessings.
Old 24-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Master
Thank you for sharing that! (I'll have to look up silverbeet leaves..never heard of those)
Blessings, James
Old 24-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Moonkestrel

Loving these ideas..thanks guys! Xxx
Old 24-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Master
Here is one my wife came up with recently:
Butternut squash soup (the kind you buy in a box) as a gravy over mashed potatoes.
I no longer miss gravy!