Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-11-2019, 12:41 AM
Master
Does one environment affect/forms ones beliefs?

Hello,

Was watching a video on YouTube by Bruce Lipton.

Just stating this for reference and what inspires some thoughts. So, presenting some thoughts.

There is a premis presented in which what one comes to believe and/or believes is formed by ones environment.

These beliefs are deeply rooted with in the subconscious and one may be only aware of 5% while the other 95% lays with in the subconscious.

These subconscious held beliefs form into habits and patterns. For example "I believe I am unworthy." Not true, but if believed to be true may affect behavior that affirms this held belief. It is to me in a way self sabbataging oneself. For even if I desire to be worthy, if the set belief I am not worthy is not recongnized, brought to the conscious mind, subconsciously it will affect how I view myself, thus confirm the belief.

I find this interesting for over the years been working on bringing old habits to the surface and look at why I may or may not do things that I know and/or desire to do.

Sure it is easy to just call it fear, but what is giving rise to this? It comes to me that it has been placed in my mind long time ago and formed into a pattern/habit.

Perhaps at first was to protect the self from further trauma or hurt, but then in a way formed into a belief. That I may get hurt or unworthy.

So, these thoughts brings it back to what Bruce Lipton and I think there are others speak about when proposing that our environment forms our beliefs.

This can even go back to past lives traumas, which I find possible.

Now, to me, not all of what I or another have experienced is traumatic or give a warped view of the self. Some is quite inspiring and helps one survive. The question is: How much of ones environment affects what one may believe?

It comes off to me as recongnizing habits and patterns and understanding as best one can what formed these. For me it has and continues to better understand myself and come to peace.

If it is to use what benefits and let go of what does not, then how can this be fully done if one is not willing to go deeper.

For me it plays a big part in realizing just who I truly am.

Hope this is clear. Welcome any thoughts and insights.

Feel this plays a part in bringing understanding and self awareness. Looking at what may lie and lays underneath the surface.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.