Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 17-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
You apparently assume that messages from 'the higher realms' are confined to sweetness and light?

Not at all!

I know from personal experience that signs and synchronicities can sometimes be mentally, emotionally, or even physically painful.

To my mind, a sign can be a warning about following a wrong path in life, or guidance towards a right course of action, but I can't see how any event that involved long-term harm to any person (as your example) could be considered a 'sign', other than... "Beware - Mines"!

Why do we reincarnate?
Just for the sake of it, nothing else.
Because we love being alive!

======================

A lot of interesting stuff to read at https://rememberinglifeanddeath.weebly.com/
Old 18-12-2019, 07:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabryel
Not at all!

I know from personal experience that signs and synchronicities can sometimes be mentally, emotionally, or even physically painful.

To my mind, a sign can be a warning about following a wrong path in life, or guidance towards a right course of action, but I can't see how any event that involved long-term harm to any person (as your example) could be considered a 'sign', other than... "Beware - Mines"!

This 'signs and synchronicity' theme has always interested me mainly I think because the acceptance of such a believe or philosophy is paved with traps and unexplainable occurrences. Most of which are in my opinion and experience sheer co-incidences or tricks which we allow through not being sufficiently aware of the world around us.
It would seem that if seeing 11.11 number of times or just when alighting the number 11 bus assumes some sort of near connection with the universe - the resulting metaphysical conclusions then lead, if not balanced, to a life trapped inside a very restrictive frame.

If we accept this restriction then we are very close to giving room for fate to be part of our lives - something surely which we wouldn't be able to condone?

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 18-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Master
Quote:
This 'signs and synchronicity' theme has always interested me mainly I think because the acceptance of such a believe or philosophy is paved with traps and unexplainable occurrences. Most of which are in my opinion and experience sheer co-incidences or tricks which we allow through not being sufficiently aware of the world around us.
It would seem that if seeing 11.11 number of times or just when alighting the number 11 bus assumes some sort of near connection with the universe - the resulting metaphysical conclusions then lead, if not balanced, to a life trapped inside a very restrictive frame.

If we accept this restriction then we are very close to giving room for fate to be part of our lives - something surely which we wouldn't be able to condone?
Seems like you're prety sure about your claims.Maybe you're the one who's trapped into a restrictive state.Just a thought.
Old 18-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Seems like you're prety sure about your claims.Maybe you're the one who's trapped into a restrictive state.Just a thought.

May well be; but this has just happened.

Every Christmas I do a bit of baking. I always make 48 mince pies, a British Christmas treat. I make 48 because that's the amount of tin things that I have. I started after lunch. It took me two hours.
After they had cooled down a bit I took one just to try.
Then I thought ' 47 left - that's just as always.
Then I thought of my old address in London 47 XXXX
Then I thought 4 + 7 = 11
Then I thought 4711 oh yes, that's a famous German scent - known otherwise as Eau de Cologne.
Oddly enough my cleaning lady came along this morning and I gave her a little box of chocolates to thank her - in return she offered me a choice between a letter opener or a small bottle of Eau de Cologne.
I chose the letter opener
Now, after all my work in the kitchen is finished I am in front of my PC and turn to the newspapers for well - the news. One of the main stories in the sports section of The Guardian is about FC Cologne and their performance in China.

This is exactly what I mean. A whole series of connections which just happen to fall into place. But without any meaning.

Unless of course I give it one.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 18-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
May well be; but this has just happened.

Every Christmas I do a bit of baking. I always make 48 mince pies, a British Christmas treat. I make 48 because that's the amount of tin things that I have. I started after lunch. It took me two hours.
After they had cooled down a bit I took one just to try.
Then I thought ' 47 left - that's just as always.
Then I thought of my old address in London 47 XXXX
Then I thought 4 + 7 = 11
Then I thought 4711 oh yes, that's a famous German scent - known otherwise as Eau de Cologne.
Oddly enough my cleaning lady came along this morning and I gave her a little box of chocolates to thank her - in return she offered me a choice between a letter opener or a small bottle of Eau de Cologne.
I chose the letter opener
Now, after all my work in the kitchen is finished I am in front of my PC and turn to the newspapers for well - the news. One of the main stories in the sports section of The Guardian is about FC Cologne and their performance in China.

This is exactly what I mean. A whole series of connections which just happen to fall into place. But without any meaning.

Unless of course I give it one.

Exactly. I am starting to notice these random connections every day, even thinking about past events in current moments.
Old 19-12-2019, 08:57 AM
Seeker
Quote:
.... Most of which are in my opinion and experience sheer co-incidences or tricks which we allow through not being sufficiently aware of the world around us.
I disagree. I believe that noticing signs and synchronicities is itself a sign of us becoming more aware of the world around us. I agree with green1 in a post in the thread http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=132677 items 1 & 2 especially, although I'm not too sure of the Law of Attraction, or the Deja Vu explanation offered.

Why do we reincarnate?
Just for the sake of it, nothing else.
Because we love being alive!

======================

A lot of interesting stuff to read at https://rememberinglifeanddeath.weebly.com/