Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-03-2016, 08:23 AM
Master
Any spiritual people who have turned to religion ?

I'd like to know if any people here or that you know of, who were into spirituality, turned to religion ?

The opposite happens all the time, but i'd like to know the reasons for turning to a religion and leaving spirituality.

What are your reasons ? What convinced you ?

I'm not considering turning, but I'm just curious as to the thinking behind it.
Old 13-03-2016, 11:22 AM
Knower
I do not see them as completely different entities. Most people have a religion of some kind. Religion is a system to preserve specific rules, traditions or ideas, to give structure. In its most extreme it can be coopted as a means of control because of this, but that is not necessarily its nature, which is the mistake some people make when they in anger, decide to leave. What is the purpose of a completely fluid spiritual life, where you learn nothing of permanence? Even all of us getting together here to discuss our experiences, is in a sense a religious activity.

I'm also not convinced that the Christian faith is wrong. So while at times, I step out and explore well beyond its boundaries, every now and then I come back and study it again.

It sounds pretty amusing to even say "leaving spirituality" in this case, because Christianity and other religion are, in their ideals at least, dealing with the matters of the spirit. It is only that they impose constraints on themselves. Many here do the same. Constraints can be good, if they genuinely keep you from harming yourself.
Old 15-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Master
Religion is spiritual. And most spiritual philosophies are religious in that they have a very strict set of beliefs. This site could easily be re-named Religious Forums because most everyone who posts here, religiously believes in whatever it is they discuss and post. Look for example at how many so-called spiritual people here speak of God (even refer to God as He), goddesses, angels, demons (entities) and so forth? These are all religious concepts. Impossible to categorize religion and spiritual as separate from each other.

It would be more appropriate to define the difference as religious (belief in tenets) versus non-religious (follows no tenets). I personally could never go back to a tenet-based system of beliefs. Once one comes to the understanding that all spiritual-religious tenets are simply personal belief choices and nothing more, it makes it very difficult to ever go back to believing in specific tenets. The genie is out of the bottle for good; one becomes forever aware of the self-deceptive nature of belief tenets.
Old 18-03-2016, 11:29 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Spritual and Religon Go Hand in Hand

Some may have less to do with following their purely personal spiritual path because religon offers more community connections and outreach ergo a feeling of doing more to make a differrence.

Again, to be clear, their spiritual path takes them to a specific relgion or group of religons, so they have not left the spiritual path neccessarily only a less personal and more inclusive of group of beliefs that are supposed to be common to the larger religous group of people.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 19-03-2016, 07:34 AM
Master
People please. Just answer the question. The people on this site so many times never answer the question.

Here's it in a different way.

Have any people turned from spirituality to christianity, islam, or anything else ?

What are your reasons ?
Old 19-03-2016, 07:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorStrange
People please. Just answer the question. The people on this site so many times never answer the question. Have any people turned from spirituality to christianity, islam, or anything else ?
Christianity is spirituality. If you believe in invisible beings, you are practicing spirit beliefs. I was 15 when I joined a church. Before that I believed in ghosts and aliens. Does that qualify as turning from spirituality to Christianity?
Old 19-03-2016, 08:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Christianity is spirituality. If you believe in invisible beings, you are practicing spirit beliefs.

It doesn't matter if it is. I want to know why people who went from spirituality where you don't need salvation, to suddenly needing salvation through a person called Jesus ?

I need someone else to answer.
Old 19-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Knower
I gave you my answer. It's just that apparently you don't like it.
Old 19-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
I need someone else to answer.
Quote:
I need a reading please.
I need to know what is holding me back from progressing in my life.
What is holding you back... Possibly your need to control the answers and message, rather than simply listening to and contemplating upon the replies you do get? Our constant "need" for this and that in life can be a factor as well. Quiet the mind internally and the external need disappears.
Old 19-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
What is holding you back... Possibly your need to control the answers and message, rather than simply listening to and contemplating upon the replies you do get? Our constant "need" for this and that in life can be a factor as well. Quiet the mind internally and the external need disappears.

That's totally irrelevant to this thread. This site has a big problem being all 'airy fairy'. Always thinking "big" when the question requires a 'small' answer.

That's what i like about the david icke forum. They get real, and you get real answers. Here, people a few times always try to take the high road with their answers.

When the question still needs an answer.

Quote:
SoulsInMotion I gave you my answer. It's just that apparently you don't like it.

Your right, i didn't like it, because you didn't answer the question. I guess the question doesn't pertain to you.