Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
I agree to disagree, as I find labeling of others to be offensive, invasive, and controlling...and extremely patronising. IMO it is also typically perceived by many as hostile and aggressive, to incite and antagonise others at a personal level.

Let's agree to disagree then. I am glad you don't label people based on what they say.
Reading the above quote could be read all wrong that way.
Especially as I just said I had no problem labeling people.

With love
Eelco
Old 08-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's interesting that neuroscience is thinking this way now, the brain as a social instrument. The fact there are no neurons directly connecting two or more brains doesn't exclude communication in a myriad of ways many occurring before they ever enter the conscious mind through signals we unwittingly or otherwise give each other. Several times now I've encountered "across the social synapse" which seems to point to our sense receptors.

From my semiotics background I've long felt we construct our realities from interpretation of signs that bombard us every moment of our wakeful (and who knows? dream) lives, so I seem to be on this wavelength.

pax tecum

Lorelyen, hello!
I completely resonate with this interpretation or hypothesis. I'm sure there's much more to come on this

I'm pretty sure the science will eventually begin to prove with hard data (so to speak) what the mystics have spoken of for millennia, similar to what's going on now with quantum mechanics and its many implications for our understanding of resonance and interbeing.

Peace back atcha!
and Blessings too "hug3:
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
Let's agree to disagree then. I am glad you don't label people based on what they say.

With love
Eelco

I'm doing you the courtesy of telling you how I feel, so if you thought you would persist in labeling me, I'd have to ask you to cease and desist. I already went through this sort of thing with Raziel before mending fences and I won't back down on this. I don't tolerate others labelling and usurping my right to say who and what I am. It's my line in the sand and I support in within a space of authentic love. My agape love for you is not greater than my agape love for myself. What I will not do to you, nor will I tolerate it for myself.

If you cross it, I'll ask a few times and then I'll report the post

Beyond that, agree to disagree is fine

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Eelco

I'm still unsure where you perceived me labeling you as anything.

With Love
Eelco?
Old 08-03-2018, 06:34 PM
Eelco

Reading back I am guessing the following quote is what you perceived as me labeling you?

From post 388
Quote:
From where I am sitting it looks as if you are as in- and ex-clusive in your view of those around as anyone..

Not that that is a bad thing. It's part of being human I guess.
besides everybody does it..

To which you replied.

Quote:
First, with respect, I don't really resonate with characterisations and labels of individuals. I know for certain that the terms and labels that you applied to me (a total stranger ) do not in any way begin to capture the totality and depth of who I am as a person, nor of my perspectives, nor my thoughts, nor my feelings or intentions.

Then I said..
Quote:
Not sure what label you are talking about here. I know full well that the being that makes up 7 stars is broader than what we see here. That said I have no problem anymore labeling people as I see them, with the caveat that i know I am labeling just a small portion of labeled person.

To which you replied.
Quote:
I agree to disagree, as I find labeling of others to be offensive, invasive, and controlling...and extremely patronising. IMO it is also typically perceived by many as hostile and aggressive, to incite and antagonise others at a personal level.

Which caused me to say..
Quote:

Which in turn made your reply a stronger version of the one before with an added reporting threat.
Quote:
So if you thought you would persist in labeling me, I'd have to ask you to cease and desist. My agape love for you is not greater than my agape love for myself. What I will not do to you, nor will I tolerate it for myself.

If you cross it, I'll ask a few times and then I'll report the post

Beyond that, agree to disagree is fine

Now I am probably dumber than you think I am, but the LABEL in the first quote has no emotional content or value attached to it where I am concerned. I am guessing you are reading more into it then I put in there...

If it was offensive then I am sorry.
All I can say is that it wasn't intended that way..

With Love
Eelco
Old 08-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
I can only ask you to look beneath the surface and wish you good luck on the path you set out for your self. From where I am sitting it looks as if you are as in- and ex-clusive in your view of those around as anyone..

Not that that is a bad thing. It's part of being human I guess.
besides everybody does it..

I imagine that is is it - perhaps 7luminaries will confirm?

Myself & 7luminaries became heated when I said that something sounded like something (that offended her) & she inferred something about me (which caused offence my end).

7luminaries this is not a dig at all but shes very big on social justice which itself I find is a mindset. If you don't state that you agree that society is not perfect it's assumed (under social justice) that perhaps you like it that way.

Between 7luminaries & I we lost sight that perhaps we were actually both trying to be positive from two different perspectives.

I don't perceive Cat's post as trying to denigrate your points 7luminaries & hes definitely not as blunt or stubborn as I can be so .. please .. cut him some slack perhaps?

I shall call forth lord Bono of U2:

Be friends "In the naaaaame of love"

<- Bono smiley

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 08-03-2018, 07:02 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
...and of course, nobody on here will get it...and so I wait...again, for somebody who may.

Well it's pretty out there and sofar as I understand it only theoretical?
For me that's a large part of my interest gone.. I just don't have the time, the money or perhaps the intelligence to understand and built it.

That said in my worldview there is little room for straight lined "sacred" geometry.
Circles and spheres is how I view energetic interaction when it's harmonious, I pretty much disregard anything angular. so even the merkaba is a no go for me..

If you really have the plans and the knowledge to make this work i'd try to find someone with a theoretical understanding of these things, built it and see if it works as you think it will

With Love
Eelco
Old 08-03-2018, 07:05 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
I imagine that is is it - perhaps 7luminaries will confirm?

I hope she will.
I don't mind heated discussion or plain namecalling if it comes to that.
I do hate it when it was about something that was never intended to start something like that..

With Love
Eelco
Old 08-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Reading back I am guessing the following quote is what you perceived as me labeling you?

From post 388

To which you replied.

Then I said..

To which you replied.

Which caused me to say..

Which in turn made your reply a stronger version of the one before with an added reporting threat.

Now I am probably dumber than you think I am, but the LABEL in the first quote has no emotional content or value attached to it where I am concerned. I am guessing you are reading more into it then I put in there...

If it was offensive then I am sorry.
All I can say is that it wasn't intended that way..

With Love
Eelco

Cat, hello!
Yes.
It was labeling with a clearly stated judgment of someone you know nothing about, and as I said, I don't really care for it. That's all. Before it went further, I just wanted to head it off at the pass.

Generally, if you or whomever go that route with me, I will try the diplomatic route first and then if need be, I will go the direct request route (please cease and desist). TBH I find the vast majority of folks will cease with name calling and labelling when I respectfully engage them without doing any of that. Still, if necessary, that's when I draw my line in the sand.

Meanwhile you can have of course it out with anyone else who is down with the name calling and labeling, but I won't be your sparring partner and you'll have to look elsewhere.

If you're good with that, then I look fwd to conversing with you further and either way, it's all good.

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-03-2018, 07:30 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Cat, hello!
Yes.
It was labeling with a clearly stated judgment of someone you know nothing about,

Hi 7,
No it wasn't, but feel free to interpret it as you perceived it..

Quote:
If you're good with that, then I look fwd to conversing with you further and either way, it's all good.
7L

No thank you.
There's little point conversing when people react to what they think I wrote instead of discussion what I actually wrote without asking for clarification, persisting even in keeping their minds as made up when I tell them I did not mean something the way it was perceived.

With Love
Eelco