Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I think there's a fine line between someone who genuinely has something that needs to be shared about spirituality and someone who just wants their opinion to be dominant.

Submitting to someone elses idea of what is right without thoroughly examining the basis of their teaching seems inherently wrong to me, I admire the Buddha saying to examine what he taught to see if it was true, not just to accept it, slavish acceptance is what the Christians and the muslims demand, I suspect Buddhists don't require slavish acceptance.

Still we do need some sort of guidance. As far as I can see ideally we would come to be guided from within, but that's a lot trickier to set up than just blindly submitting to a dominant spiritual opinion.

Personally I can not hold to a teaching of any "Spiritual teacher" that chooses to eat meat. Compassion and love for all living things is the basis and foundation for true spirituality. That is my opinion.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
With the population of this planet exploding out to almost 8 billion and with more people being interested in 'all things spiritual' due to an increased population alone; there are many more 'gurus' and 'teachers' and 'adepts' and 'blog writers' and 'spiritually opinionated' people who think/know they have 'seen the truth' and who also think their way is the right/only way than EVER before, in the whole history of the human race!

A Youtube search will reveal them all...millions and millions of them!

I was interested in a special program to cure my neurological seizures, caused by a kundalini awakening.

I looked at maybe a dozen videos "repair damaged nerves NOW...let me tell you" and "100% guaranteed cure for epilepsy" and "Boost your brainpower to convey electrical signals better"...yep, I watched many of these.

What they were, were just spoken videos in length from 30-45 minutes each stating what causes the condition, stating about their own personal lives and how they have developed a multi-million dollar corporation from nothing and then at the END of it, tell you about their own CD/program that costs $100- $200 to 'cure' the 'incurable'...yep, the whole thing was a bloody sales pitch - a half-hour long advertisment that did nothing to address what the title claimed the content of the video could do!...what a load of unmitigated rubbish!

So, with all of these "gurus" and with all of these "teachers" and with all of the "fakes on the spiritual money-go-round"...a lot of this 'spiritual stuff' is all lumped together within the online proliferation of mumbo-jumbo existing about it: "my 'guru said THIS'...'well, MY guru said that YOUR guru is a fraud and not to believe it"..."Well, MY guru SAID that your guru would say that because your guru is jealous that MY guru has twice as many followers as YOURS does" and on and on it goes...is it any wonder that many people go "screw the whole LOT of it! It is ALL a load of bull! So, I'm just gonna do what I do and follow nobody!" and THEN, they are on the 'outer' with everybody who does follow a guru, a tradition or a paradigm.

Back in the past, in the 'dark ages' and without global communications...without the internet, without publishing companies, without getting your idea 'out there' for the masses to reap whatever rewards/benefits come your way, there was NONE of this! Teachers were teachers, students were students who either meditated, taught, did their own thing and that is how it was.

So, it becomes easy to see, by comparison, the true nature of Maya or Illusion at work in regards.
I agree a true teacher will charge nothing, or a very small fee to cover any costs such as travelling etc., Anyone daring to charge thousands to teach god about god (we are all god really) has missed the point and their ego has taken over.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
I think there's a fine line between someone who genuinely has something that needs to be shared about spirituality and someone who just wants their opinion to be dominant.

Submitting to someone elses idea of what is right without thoroughly examining the basis of their teaching seems inherently wrong to me, I admire the Buddha saying to examine what he taught to see if it was true, not just to accept it, slavish acceptance is what the Christians and the muslims demand, I suspect Buddhists don't require slavish acceptance.

Still we do need some sort of guidance. As far as I can see ideally we would come to be guided from within, but that's a lot trickier to set up than just blindly submitting to a dominant spiritual opinion.

We can learn from anything - anything is a potential teacher.

Kung fu variants as an example base themselves on specific animals & the traits unique to them.

Often people who read many books believe themselves teachers, yet they fail to see their self indoctrination.

Anything asking for outright submission should raise a red flag.

It's like Kaa the snake from the jungle book "trusssst in meeee" - no thanks, I'll test the water, scout the area ahead & keep a big stick to hand instead.

A guide is a much more passive word, simple points made towards a path on your journey without fuss. If something is not for you, a guide awaits another traveller & points again.

If something is true its there to see - to submit is to do so blindly.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 02-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Truth is more likely to be found within, but where would you find the right tools to find that truth?

As you've said, within. Yourself.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I agree a true teacher will charge nothing, or a very small fee to cover any costs such as travelling etc., Anyone daring to charge thousands to teach god about god (we are all god really) has missed the point and their ego has taken over.

100% agree. You know, we always hear the question can science and spirituality be reconciled, can business and spirituality also be reconciled. Was thinking about karma here. Here's the thing about claims made. Such things might be possible but require literally years of mediation and practice over a life time just to image and manifest and total concentration meaning, is this something to (be) develop. Such a thing is not normally done and is this nature or natural. Manifesting is not and has not been taught but can it be. One must have dedication and focus to achieve but they don't tell your that. Such things require one to change and does ego have it's own visualization power. I've wondered and actually would like to see the idea of manifesting be taught when we are young to see if anything changed, not for us but our children. Can culture/society and spirituality be reconciled as well? Maybe it's our karma we can't do these things.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
can business and spirituality also be reconciled.
I dunno...ask Eckhart Tolle.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:

Hello,

My understanding is that the authentic spiritual teachers will assist you with establishing guidace from within yourself.

There is no imperical set of requirements to finding that best personal guidance for any one, as I see these things.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-03-2018, 09:27 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I dunno...ask Eckhart Tolle.

lol...yes Eckhart Tolle...Mr "pain body"
Old 02-03-2018, 09:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
Personally I can not hold to a teaching of any "Spiritual teacher" that chooses to eat meat. Compassion and love for all living things is the basis and foundation for true spirituality. That is my opinion.

A teacher must surely lead by example therefore your logic is sound.

Personally I'm comfortable that I would eat meat for sustenance living at any point in history just as many other creatures do - but I respect the discipline it takes to stick to a principle.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain