Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 24-08-2014, 11:19 PM
Prism

Having trouble with an energy vampire-- Spells?

So I’ve been having trouble with a vampire. Let’s call her A. We met at the beginning of college last year, and hit it off immediately-- we had similar interests, and I liked the way she was honest about everything, and unashamed of being a huge geek. She has some messed-up childhood baggage, and is prone to depression and anxiety, which I didn’t mind at the time. It actually made me feel closer to her when she talked about those issues with me, and I would try to offer her comfort and understanding.

She identifies as Kitsune-kin. But she’s also a vampire. And without knowing it, she’s been draining my energy ever since the beginning. It’s because I let her get so attached to me. I let myself get so attached to her. And I’m still attached to her, and she’s still attached to me-- but I can’t stand her.

My energy is naturally calming and healing. I’m a relaxed, still person, generally untouched and untroubled by petty drama. But her energy is manic. It’s like the magnetic contrast of deep black blinding hot pink-- sickly saccharine, electro-pop chaotic, dizzying and maddening. She’s like a black hole. Everything I do to calm her, all the energy I put into helping her or healing her, it all gets sucked in and lost, spent like gasoline in extreme excess. When I’m around her I feel like I’m being sucked into the eye of a horrible vortex. After I’ve spent time with her I feel drained. I used to feel a great deal of love for her, and I know that there were reasons that I loved her, but now, when I think about her, all I can feel is cold, black hate. It’s like a physical heaviness in my chest.

Here’s how it works: she gets her energy by creating drama, and thrives on the subsequent pain, hope, desperation, affirmation, love, and other extreme emotions that come of it. She can’t live without feeling constant emotional intensity.

She’s not just an emotional vampire, though. She’s also a spiritual one. And that’s what I need help with. Recently, she’s realized this about herself, and according to her, she’s working hard to learn how to control her tendencies and stop hurting the people around her-- I’m not the only one. According to her, Kitsune are technically a form of vampire anyways, or at least have some vampiric abilities.

It’s the beginning of a new year, and I need to find a way to guard myself against her. Maybe she is really starting to control her tendencies, but I don’t want to take chances. I don’t want to feel like this anymore. I don’t want to carry this much hate. I don’t want to lose any more of my energy to her. I refuse to feed the vampire.

I’m honestly considering hanging garlic by my door. I know it’s a really stupid old superstition that doesn’t apply to real psychic vampires or energy vampires, and you guys will probably make fun of me for it. My reasoning, though, is that A hates garlic. She hates the way it smells and the way it tastes and won’t eat anything that it’s in. She conforms to traditional vampire mythology in other ways, too-- for instance, once I let her inside, both metaphorically and literally, I couldn’t get rid of her again, no matter how hard I tried. I’m thinking that even if the garlic doesn’t literally keep her out, it might act as a spiritual deterrent to her accidental vampiric attacks. Maybe if I charge it with enough intent.

I’ve been a practicing witch for six years, and I’ve been to figure out some good magickal defenses. I’m not content with the “positive affirmations” and “energy balancing meditations” I’ve found online. Those might help after you’ve already been in contact with a vampire, but I want to shield myself from being fed upon at all.

I don’t want to banish her. I thought about doing a banishing spell at the end of last year, but decided against it. Even if our friendship is warped and twisted beyond repair, there was a time when we just had fun together, and a time when I loved her, and I still believe that there’s a chance to save that.

Once again, she doesn’t mean to hurt anyone. She’s driven away far, far too many friends with this problem and is really trying to get a grip on it. But I need to keep myself safe.

Any spells, herbs, oils, or amulets you can recommend would be great. Any techniques you know of to conserve your personal energy or thwart rogue vampiric attacks would be wonderful. I really need your help. Anyone who has any ideas at all. Please.
Old 25-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Ascender
I've only ever learned of two techniques to deal with vampires. One was to visualize a white light around yourself. The other was to imagine a cord and a hook that is in your aura. Then,you take a pair of imaginary scissors and cut the cord and imagine it snapping back to them. Then,you imagine the hook melting away and dropping to the ground and sinking into the Earth.

I know the white light is good for protection,but I am not sure how well it would work for an energy vampire. Nor do I know how well the cord visualization will work. I've never dealt with an "energy vampire" before. I just found these techniques out while browsing for spells online as a teenager.
Old 25-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Deactivated Account

On a Saturday, light a silver candle and prepare a protection satchel, from white cloth it should include a blue quartz annointed with peppermint oil, basil, annise and a carnation blossom. While preparing assertively say out loud what you need protection from. Once completed place it under your pillow for one week. each night before sleep assert again what you need, after the one week burn the whole thing, once everthing but the stone is ashed carry the stone with you when you are encountering the issue.
Old 26-08-2014, 03:02 AM
Master

Hello Prism,

You're quite the wordsmith - that's quite an amazing description of her manic energy.

Unfortunately, that manic energy, if you stay with her, will pull you down into that black hole. The more energy you give her, the more she'll take - sucking you into that horrible vortex.

Giving your sympathy to and feeling sorry for an energy vampire is just inviting them to feed on you and suck your energy again and again.

Hanging garlic is actually not a bad idea - and it can't do any harm. However, if you're serious about stopping her, and you should be because eventually she'll wear you down to the point of being ill, you'll need to use some strong protection. Remember you said that once you let her inside, both metaphorically and literally that you couldn't get rid of her - she has her talons in you. You say that she doesn't mean to hurt anyone -but she knows what she's doing and she's not about to stop because she needs the energy.

You really need to seriously shield yourself. Visualizing white light and saying affirmations is not strong enough for something like this. Try visualizing yourself being surrounded with glass and/or sharp knives or swords pointing outwards so she can't get through. She'll pull all kinds of stunts to get you to give in (most energy vampires are very manipulative and controlling) but you have to be strong.

As far as spells go you may have to bind her. You say you're a practicing witch although I don't know what tradition you follow but I'm assuming you know how to bind someone - which is what you may have to do. As well, before you go to sleep, with your athame draw four fiery pentagrams - one at the head of the bed, one at the foot of the bed and one either side of the bed so she can't get to you during the night. Don't forget to banish them in the morning!

Hope this helps,
Jenny Crow
Old 28-08-2014, 04:12 AM
Michael P

I can say that it can be hard to control yourself as a psychic vampire as I am one. I have also had them try to attach to me and pull my energy away.

Now for your protection I would practice grounding yourself and make something you can carry with you or wear that you set to help ground yourself. This has helped me avoid entering into a tug of war with a vampire.

I may not be an unstable vortex any more but when I was I had endless energy or so it felt like. I found out that sucking in energy like that was actually harming my soul more than one would think. I also had learned that while I needed to take energy from somewhere it did not have to always be directly from someone. My personal energy has a cleansing property to it that seems odd to me but by absorbing some of the negitive energy around me I can use it and leave others mostly alone.
Old 28-08-2014, 04:12 AM
Michael P

Sorry double post on mobile device.