Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-08-2011, 05:05 AM
River Morrison

Sea:
The evidence in Lee's book fails for a number of reasons
1. There is no non christian writing that makes any mention of the actions of Jesus in a historical context. Even though there were many historians, who were writing about that time period, who's area of focuses was right down Jesus' ally.

What we have is some references to the existence of christians (something not disputed), and a Josephus forgery.

2. The "fullfillment of old testament prophesy" agrument fails. For one thing, if you actually read most of those in context, it's apparant that to connect it to Jesus you have to really streach and torture logic. Most of them are simply not prophesies related to a coming Messiah. A 2nd problem: the authors of the bible were well aware of the prophosies and created stories to make Jesus appear to be the fullfillment. If you take the new testament at face value, then don't Jesus' supposed prophetic fullfillments pale in comparison to his raising from the dead and walking on water?

In other words, for one who does not believe the Gosples relay true events, depictions of "prophesy fullfillment" are no more convincing than stories of zombies coming out of the grave after Jesus' crucifiction.
Old 28-08-2011, 05:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Morrison
Sea:
The evidence in Lee's book fails for a number of reasons
1. There is no non christian writing that makes any mention of the actions of Jesus in a historical context. Even though there were many historians, who were writing about that time period, who's area of focuses was right down Jesus' ally.

What we have is some references to the existence of christians (something not disputed), and a Josephus forgery.

2. The "fullfillment of old testament prophesy" agrument fails. For one thing, if you actually read most of those in context, it's apparant that to connect it to Jesus you have to really streach and torture logic. Most of them are simply not prophesies related to a coming Messiah. A 2nd problem: the authors of the bible were well aware of the prophosies and created stories to make Jesus appear to be the fullfillment. If you take the new testament at face value, then don't Jesus' supposed prophetic fullfillments pale in comparison to his raising from the dead and walking on water?

In other words, for one who does not believe the Gosples relay true events, depictions of "prophesy fullfillment" are no more convincing than stories of zombies coming out of the grave after Jesus' crucifiction.

Yeah, it seemed pretty flimsy to me. It was more of a proselytization video than it was an actual documentary. Thanks for your input regarding the Josephus forgeries. I have also since then read some internet reviews that dispute many of the claims.

Regardless I still have a gut feeling that Jesus did exist and was a spiritual master. I just find the religious fundamentalist beliefs and interpretations about him and their cosmology of the universe totally absurd.
Old 28-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Master

well i definately believe in Jesus now, because the other night i was meditating and i saw Jesus for a second...... i had my eyes closed.....
but that's the way that i have been seeing different beings....with my eyes closed.....
Old 28-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Seperate_Reality

I can relate to that experience, rena444. I saw Jesus in one of my past lifetimes. What struck me the most was his magnificent presence, and I understood why he is often referred to as a "spiritual powerhouse"...
Old 29-08-2011, 03:07 AM
River Morrison

When I was meditating I saw an image of He-Man, so I know he existed and that Eternia is a real place.