Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 14-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
Reality is what is real & exists. On one level of reality of course physical reality & all it contains exists. Religious / spiritual writings i personally see as forms - as best understandable in terms of myth, symbol, analogy, metaphor & allegory. All language; spoken & written are symbol / form. Of course all spiritual writings are pointing to spiritual realities that are more than allegory.

Individual understanding, apprehension & experience is subjective to the individual, but within the reality that reality is what is.

i don't know how to define it all in words & concepts? It can't be, it is beyond words & concepts. This is where so much of the problem comes in for a lot of people.
Until one experientally realises that the basis for the allegory and metaphor also is derived from the same source as Itself.

Maybe our cognitive bias at the more subtle levels likes to put it's own spin on it, but when it all boils down, there's the way of the mind and intellect which can only take us to the door and maybe, if we are lucky, receive a glimpse of what is through there, but it is the only the heart which can propel our awareness beyond that threshold. I believe some people call it a 'leap of Faith' when belief just don't work anymore.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 14-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Until one experientally realises that the basis for the allegory and metaphor also is derived from the same source as Itself.

Maybe our cognitive bias at the more subtle levels likes to put it's own spin on it, but when it all boils down, there's the way of the mind and intellect which can only take us to the door and maybe, if we are lucky, receive a glimpse of what is through there, but it is the only the heart which can propel our awareness beyond that threshold. I believe some people call it a 'leap of Faith' when belief just don't work anymore.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Of course - direct experiences beyond the ego / mind / intellect.
Old 14-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Of course - direct experiences beyond the ego / mind / intellect.
Yet the mind seeks to try and understand those direct experience(s) by using some form of mental construct to relate to in order to achieve those direct experiences again whenever 'reality' gets in the way.

I don't know why I love Shiva as His Puranic Leela (Ancient Divine Mithya), as well as The Cosmic consciousness known as Bhairava/Brahman - call it 'nostalgia'.

One inevitably leads to the other though...it always does, but I don't care...it just works this way...

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 14-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Yet the mind seeks to try and understand those direct experience(s) by using some form of mental construct to relate to in order to achieve those direct experiences again whenever 'reality' gets in the way.

I don't know why I love Shiva as His Puranic Leela (Ancient Divine Mithya), as well as The Cosmic consciousness known as Bhairava/Brahman - call it 'nostalgia'.

One inevitably leads to the other though...it always does, but I don't care...it just works this way...

Aum Namah Shivaya

A million paths up the mountain.

Humans create Maps - that is what we do.

i find it impossible to fully get away from the teaching / figure of Jeshua.
Old 14-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
A million paths up the mountain.

Humans create Maps - that is what we do.

i find it impossible to fully get away from the teaching / figure of Jeshua.
What if I were to tell you there is only one path, but a million mountains? Now, which pill would you like, red or blue?

I'm climbing Mt. Kailash, dunno about the rest of you.

You say that Humans create Maps, but who created the Humans to create them, or who showed them where the treasure was in the first place, so the map could be thus made?

Did humans create Shiva? NO, Shiva is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient, however IN all of this, saying that He cannot also assume Puranic Form is limiting the capability of a limitless consciousness.

I cannot drag myself away from Shiva either, but why do I need to? why would I want to? and what is the "I" that's doing all the dragging?

Everything is Shiva including "I" but "I" can also exist (in full self-awareness) apart from Shiva even though He is still here, either by my side, in my heart, or just 'there' whenever I avail myself of His Grace (which He says I should do way more often than I do currently).

JAI Bholenath!
Hara Hara Mahadev!
Old 14-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Ascender

Quote:
What if I were to tell you there is only one path, but a million mountains? Now, which pill would you like, red or blue?

I'm climbing Mt. Kailash, dunno about the rest of you.

You say that Humans create Maps, but who created the Humans to create them, or who showed them where the treasure was in the first place, so the map could be thus made?

Did humans create Shiva? NO, Shiva is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient, however IN all of this, saying that He cannot also assume Puranic Form is limiting the capability of a limitless consciousness.

I cannot drag myself away from Shiva either, but why do I need to? why would I want to? and what is the "I" that's doing all the dragging?

Everything is Shiva including "I" but "I" can also exist (in full self-awareness) apart from Shiva even though He is still here, either by my side, in my heart, or just 'there' whenever I avail myself of His Grace (which He says I should do way more often than I do currently).

JAI Bholenath!
Hara Hara Mahadev!

As i first said. as to the nature of truth & reality No one ever has, doesn't & will never agree.
Old 14-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:
As i first said. as to the nature of truth & reality No one ever has, doesn't & will never agree.
Who is trying to agree or disagree? Just having a nice open chat is all.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 14-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Who is trying to agree or disagree? Just having a nice open chat is all.

Om Namah Shivaya

i was just meaning in a general sense.

Am happy to discuss.
Old 14-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Master
Quote:
i was just meaning in a general sense.

Am happy to discuss.
That's understood and happy to discuss as well.

Now, you are an Omnist, so am I but I just happen to practice it under the auspices of a religion and within the Religion itself.

When I say I do that, The Hindu Sampradaya (schools of thought/belief) are very wide and varied.

It is difficult for me to associate with any of them, really...and let's put it that way. I started out as a Gaudiya Vaishnava and wound up Aghori, but you will often see me chanting mantras to Krishna or listening to Krishna Bhajans, because I realise that Krishna appears as Shiva and Shiva appears as Krishna, but the God who chose to make himself known to me in any way I could ever relate anything to it until I achieved the stage where the whole relation just doesn't exist (albeit momentarily) is Shiva. It's called my "Ishta Devata" or (personal God).
Old 14-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Ascender

Quote:
That's understood and happy to discuss as well.

Now, you are an Omnist, so am I but I just happen to practice it under the auspices of a religion and within the Religion itself.

When I say I do that, The Hindu Sampradaya (schools of thought/belief) are very wide and varied.

It is difficult for me to associate with any of them, really...and let's put it that way. I started out as a Gaudiya Vaishnava and wound up Aghori, but you will often see me chanting mantras to Krishna or listening to Krishna Bhajans, because I realise that Krishna appears as Shiva and Shiva appears as Krishna, but the God who chose to make himself known to me in any way I could ever relate anything to it until I achieved the stage where the whole relation just doesn't exist (albeit momentarily) is Shiva. It's called my "Ishta Devata" or (personal God).

From Wikipedia - "At the highest level, Shiva is regarded as formless, limitless, transcendent and unchanging absolute Brahman,[10] and the primal Atman (soul, self) of the universe.[11][12][5]"

Jeshua is the 'same', as are other names.